Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
banme
Apr 23, 2008
https://thedollop.libsyn.com/

good podcast comedy based on american history and the crazy people who helped shape our society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

there a whole podcast subforum

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

If I want to know about the past I watch Drunk History not some dumb internet podcast.

banme
Apr 23, 2008
no need to slam the door bro, theres also dnd were you here for the election?

banme
Apr 23, 2008

Honky Dong Country posted:

If I want to know about the past I watch Drunk History not some dumb internet podcast.

i can agree ive never watched a dumb internet podcast

El Boot
Mar 18, 2009

Thank Dog It's Friday
poor little ooft

banme
Apr 23, 2008
im somewhere near episode 25, and i know theres a crapload

the only way to listen to it (i imagine) is from the beginning

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i like hearing about new podcasts and this thread reminded me of that.

looks pretty cool

Ranma Fan Art posted:

there a whole podcast subforum

half of gbs threads are about booze and weed and we dont tell people to go to tcc or the secret rehab forum

banme
Apr 23, 2008

hth posted:

half of gbs threads are about booze and weed and we dont tell people to go to tcc or the secret rehab forum

yea maybe reach a larger audience, which is actually what i use weed and booze for as well, except isolate and cry.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
OOFTY GOOFTY MOTHERFUCKERS

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
*dies of dust consumption during a marathon*

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

ya'll ever listen to sawbones? its about a genial goony internet radio host and his doctor wife talk about how medicine prior to the 20th century was terrible

its a little dry but very good

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

hth posted:

ya'll ever listen to sawbones? its about a genial goony internet radio host and his doctor wife talk about how medicine prior to the 20th century was terrible

sounds like i found a new bedtime podcast. last one i tried was some history of rome one but it was too interesting!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Ranma Fan Art posted:

sounds like i found a new bedtime podcast. last one i tried was some history of rome one but it was too interesting!

thats also very good. look at sid with his good taste.

you ever listen to the british history one? its this portland hipster guy who's legally british. its worth a listen if youre into dark age europe.

banme
Apr 23, 2008

hth posted:

ill have to try it. my car radio broke down so i wanted to dl some podcasts for my bluetooth speaker while in the whip

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

But no, jokes aside, I'm an idiot and don't "get" podcasts. Like do you always have to download them? Why aren't podcasts just a streaming thing? Honestly I'm legit interested, all jokes aside.

banme
Apr 23, 2008

But no, jokes aside, I'm an idiot and don't "get" podcasts. Like do you always have to download them? Why aren't podcasts just a streaming thing? Honestly I'm legit interested, all jokes aside.

i think thats how they started

now its easier to load them on to your device through wifi at home and just have them with you on the go, delete/add as necessary

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

you can stream them from most websites with a flash player. you dont need to download them but its really handy to have a bunch loaded on your phone for long plane trips or your commute.

a lot of them put their stuff up on soundcloud.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Cool I should prolly check out the podcast forum then and look for more historical stuff.

Edit: I'm being lazy here but could any of the podcast forumgoers perhaps link me to a thread concerning podcasts about ancient history/warfare and medieval history/warfare? I just really like those time periods both before and after the Roman Empire when poo poo was pretty crazy.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jan 6, 2017

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Cool I should prolly check out the podcast forum then and look for more historical stuff.

Edit: I'm being lazy here but could any of the podcast forumgoers perhaps link me to a thread concerning podcasts about ancient history/warfare and medieval history/warfare? I just really like those time periods both before and after the Roman Empire when poo poo was pretty crazy.

here's you go brother

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3532486

banme
Apr 23, 2008

gently caress yes, thanks

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Yeah cool thanks man. Like I doubt I'll start posting there but there should be some good material in that thread. Again, thanks bud.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
The dollop is hilarious and I tell people that we used to riot over hats all the time because its just about the funniest thing ive ever heard

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I love anything by the mcelroys they're really good.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope there's a dollop about MBMBAM, just because of how crazy it'd have to be.

banme
Apr 23, 2008
goddamned birds on hats, wth

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Thanks OP I'll check it out later.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
Yeah I like it

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
It sounds interesting at first glance but I dunno... most of my podcast intake is a weekly show where they play a 2600hz tone for an hour and I'm surprised every time at the content. and also I like 10 minute podcast featuring some failed comedians taking about failing as comedians so it resonates w/ me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banme
Apr 23, 2008
i started getting less consistent with listening to it, itll be good to branch out into other podcasts im glad i made this thread

• Locked thread