Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
here's a timestamped list so you can go straight to the game you care about, op:

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/5mq821/agdq_vod_thread_2017/

anything good so far this year? sounds like shovel knight yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

here's a timestamped list so you can go straight to the game you care about, op:

https://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/5mq821/agdq_vod_thread_2017/

anything good so far this year? sounds like shovel knight yeah?

the shovel knight and mega man races were good. sega bass fishing . glitchless pokemon emerald is coming up soon, supposed to take 3 hours lol

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
idk why the gently caress they do 3 hour "speedruns" much less put them on in primetime

oh no blimp issue posted:

if a speedrun lasts longer than 30 minutes including setup and tear down it's not a speed run anymore

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

the only time i speedran a game was fallout 1, took like 7 minutes

k

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
pacifist ninja gaiden would be more interesting if the strategy weren't "damage boost off everything, die and game over all the time, who cares"

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
There's a lot of runs that are just someone going "nobody plays this so it's a free world record" and then lord GDQ says "this will fill an hour" and then some emotes hgappen

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
inventing a category has always been the easiest way to get a wr

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

qntm posted:

inventing a category has always been the easiest way to get a wr

this goes back to guiness wrs as well so yeah

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
so that's what happened to the carpet

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Impressive that you managed to find a pic when noones stroking that beard

also the top 3 super mario bros players in the world are gonna race in a minute, epic

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Syncopated posted:

Impressive that you managed to find a pic when noones stroking that beard

i screencapped it when i saw it

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
this 4 hour final fantasy run owns

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

the worst run ive seen was a starcraft 2 campaign run. the guy just played it completely normally and was not particularly good at starcraft. his start to finish campaign time was not substantially faster than mine was when i played the campaign

also it took four hours. nothing should take four hours, not even good segments like the mario maker blind team race segment

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

imo if there are no glitches being exploited to skip massive parts of the game in an unusual way, it's not worth seeing

watching someone play a video game normally but very fast is not compelling to me

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sagebrush posted:

watching someone play a video game is not compelling to me

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

is this the new yosgames thread

peeper
Jun 21, 2005
Fun Shoe

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

is this the new yosgames thread

no, it's the new gamers should be culled thread

https://twitter.com/hatstwit/status/819029091173142529

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

peeper posted:

oh my god

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

peeper posted:

ok i was about to complain about the dude playing mighty no 9 right now with the world's most punchable voice

but, uhhhhhh

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Sagebrush posted:

imo if there are no glitches being exploited to skip massive parts of the game in an unusual way, it's not worth seeing

watching someone play a video game normally but very fast is not compelling to me

I remember watching my first tas thinking someone else was actually playing that flawlessly. I thought 'holy poo poo, this person is amazing'.

Then I learned what a tas was. Then, through insane exploit its just watching one robot exploit a computer.

I like watching them play like castelvania races but without any glitches or poo poo, just skill and timing.

Also, I've decided I need to pick an old, lovely game, to speed run. Make up lovely 'strats' for it. Has anyone done the lovely D&D games that were random, or nethack? Or maybe carmageddon, I could enjoy playing that game.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Iridium posted:

ok i was about to complain about the dude playing mighty no 9 right now with the world's most punchable voice

but, uhhhhhh

That dude owned, the yell, the pizza trip, the dedication to anime when he was finished...

https://clips.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick/StupidOryxDeIlluminati

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jan 12, 2017

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I remember watching my first tas thinking someone else was actually playing that flawlessly. I thought 'holy poo poo, this person is amazing'.

Then I learned what a tas was. Then, through insane exploit its just watching one robot exploit a computer.

I like watching them play like castelvania races but without any glitches or poo poo, just skill and timing.

Also, I've decided I need to pick an old, lovely game, to speed run. Make up lovely 'strats' for it. Has anyone done the lovely D&D games that were random, or nethack? Or maybe carmageddon, I could enjoy playing that game.

you should start running the wolf loving game they're doing right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
thraad not about compitjer!!!

• Locked thread