Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

a friend moved away and gave me his old cobalt flux hard pad so ive been playing a ton of ddr and falling back in love with it. its so nice not having to worry about the pad sliding around

That's awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Already adding 10%+ to some of songs I've had trouble with in the past :staredog:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

absolutely anything posted:

a friend moved away and gave me his old cobalt flux hard pad so ive been playing a ton of ddr and falling back in love with it. its so nice not having to worry about the pad sliding around

i looked into it last year and it seemed like no one is really producing good pads now? that seems messed up to me. weirdo nerds will always want to play ddr

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yeah theres some new one coming out that's pressure sensitive so you can do like, sound voltex slides or something with it?? i forget what it's called but it looks weird

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Are there any worthwhile rhythm games I can play on an Android Tablet? I didn't think much about music games on a tablet until I stumbled on osu!droid a few days ago and now I have the urge to play something.

Trivial Perusal
Apr 5, 2011

metricchip posted:

Are there any worthwhile rhythm games I can play on an Android Tablet? I didn't think much about music games on a tablet until I stumbled on osu!droid a few days ago and now I have the urge to play something.

Cytus, deemo, tone sphere, groove coaster are all very good, jubeat i think has an english app as well but ive never tried it

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
jubeat

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
tone sphere is super good, and the value is crazy too. I bought it for two bucks years ago and they're still pushing free updates.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

elf help book posted:

i looked into it last year and it seemed like no one is really producing good pads now? that seems messed up to me. weirdo nerds will always want to play ddr

all of the weirdo ddr nerds i know own a cab or play on a friends cab

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

ive basically stopped playing beatmania. it felt like i was stuck and i didnt have a good answer for why i kept at it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

blorpy posted:

all of the weirdo ddr nerds i know own a cab or play on a friends cab

we need new weirdo nerds

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

elf help book posted:

we need new weirdo nerds

they can make friends with someone who owns a ddr arcade machine

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

blorpy posted:

they can make friends with someone who owns a ddr arcade machine

i need friends

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCmqW4LqwcI

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used the Project diva practice tools today and drat I wish that thing was in every rhythm game. It's probably from other games originally but wow it's nice being able to queue up the 10 trickiest seconds of the song and just drill in the pattern

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

rock band sections up and titles the songs so you can practice like guitar solo 1 parts c through f

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah I guess I had used that in Rock Band 2. But for that game, especially because I played drums exclusively, it was usually like "You can figure out this beat in the first 10 seconds or you will fail". For this game they get tricky with the actual visual patterning in a weird way on Extreme. Like for example when I sight reading this part it was this goofy as flower symbol with every hit being a different button and I just practiced the inputs to the point where I just had to look at the Circle and then punch it in from there on each cycle.

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

Tarranon posted:

tone sphere is super good, and the value is crazy too. I bought it for two bucks years ago and they're still pushing free updates.

Nice, thanks. I've downloaded a number of Android rhythm games but Tone Sphere distracted me from all the rest. Also, holy poo poo Astra Walkthrough is so loving fun and I'm bitter that I can't 5 star it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the penalties for missing notes is so harsh in this game. Miss 10 notes out of 500+ and end with 80% cleared 😨

ive cleared all the extreme songs through 7 star difficulty. I imagine from 8 and beyond it gets real rough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

john wick is back

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011

lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the level 8 extreme charts are really fun and inventive, its making me even enjoy the songs i dont like.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Project Rap rabbit, unsurprisingly, did not meet its funded goal. I still liked the gameplay concept video they posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk56CFGhrew

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Im back on my Miku Bullshit. this is the worst feeling

also theres going to be a new wave of DLC in a few months, since the physical home release of Future Tone DX is coming in November in japan. at the very least theres going to be one new song and "a new feature when shooting PV videos" (?). this is the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KushW6zvazM

and i bet theres going to be new songs after that. if they charge money for One song and a New Feature im going to send a mailbomb to SEGA HQ

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

im still stomping too. i can clear some stuff on heavy now

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

yeah actually they will posted:

Project Rap rabbit, unsurprisingly, did not meet its funded goal. I still liked the gameplay concept video they posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hk56CFGhrew

super late, but aw man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8 rank extreme seems to be my limit, I fail most of these songs first try now. especially the ones that sound like they were written by robots and have no rhythm or structure and have 800 notes

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

remember in um jammer lammy how there was a semi-secret rating above "Cool!" that you could only achieve by doing particular combinations during freestyling, and that those combinations were spelled out on pieces of chocolate during the load screen for each song?

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i do

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

remember in um jammer lammy how there was a semi-secret rating above "Cool!" that you could only achieve by doing particular combinations during freestyling, and that those combinations were spelled out on pieces of chocolate during the load screen for each song?

Fever mode, and you could somehow have the background spiral turn into 4 colors at once

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

this year i finally managed to beat every stage in ujl with cool. there were 3 i just couldnt do it on as a kid. big gaming achievement for me

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i replayed ujl this year and while the note detection is better than parappa man it's *rough*
they really should have done something while guitar hero was big

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i played thru parappa remastered when it came out and they hosed it up so bad. its just the psp version but in 4k, they didnt even change the credits, and they did something to the timing to try and adjust for input lag but they just ruined it. i tried for hours to get to cool on cheap cheap's stage, not even maintain it just activate it. near the end i had my ps4 hooked up to my lagless monitor with the psp and ps1 version running alongside and every so often id go back and do it on the old versions to make sure i wasnt going insane and i'd always get it in one try

ujl is mostly fine. thats the best one to me, its not as strict as parappa 1 and it's not forgiving to the point where you cant lose like in parappa 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
lammy is so good yea

• Locked thread