Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peel
Dec 3, 2007

peter thiel did paypal with elon musk and became a billionaire. then he loudly backed trump. he wants to live forever by injecting the blood of the young. he thinks evil robots will kill us all if we don't figure out how to make non-evil robots. he is funding mencius moldbug, software engineer turned racist monarchist blogger, in his attempt to create a sub-internet but with landlords, or something, i honestly don't know what's up with that

now he is doing this: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/peter-thiel-california-governor-bid-233632

quote:

Peter Thiel, the Silicon Valley billionaire and outspoken Donald Trump supporter, is considering a 2018 bid for California governor, according to three Republicans familiar with his thinking.

Thiel, who co-founded PayPal and was an early investor in Facebook, has been discussing a prospective bid with a small circle of advisers, including Rob Morrow, who has emerged as his political consigliere.

loud trump supporter seems a bad fit for cali gov but people said trump was a bad fit for america gov and look where we are today

silicon valley techno-vampires thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
What is his position on men's reproductive issues?

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Peel posted:

peter thiel did paypal with elon musk and became a billionaire. then he loudly backed trump. he wants to live forever by injecting the blood of the young. he thinks evil robots will kill us all if we don't figure out how to make non-evil robots. he is funding mencius moldbug, software engineer turned racist monarchist blogger, in his attempt to create a sub-internet but with landlords, or something, i honestly don't know what's up with that

now he is doing this: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/peter-thiel-california-governor-bid-233632

loud trump supporter seems a bad fit for cali gov but people said trump was a bad fit for america gov and look where we are today

silicon valley techno-vampires thread

there's no way its the same rob morrow

right?

like we still need something like 2 more years of trumping before the world gets that broken

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Fiend posted:

What is his position on men's reproductive issues?

as a gay he is unable to reproduce, fortunately

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

california uber alles

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Fallen Hamprince posted:

there's no way its the same rob morrow

right?

like we still need something like 2 more years of trumping before the world gets that broken

its a dif guy

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-morrow-671961

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
is robert morrow the six california guy who also bought one of the lots of seized bitcoins auctioned off by the government?

also i think peter thiel is a pretty hypocrtical libertarian. gawker outting him wasnt cool, but i think peter thiel hiding his sexuality from investors should qualify as criminal failure to disclose. as a rational actor participating in the market place i need all the information ic an get so i can make optimal, efficient choices that support my violent homophobia and that includes not doing business with the gays

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Peter Thiel killed Gawker using Hulk Hogan as his catspaw which remains hilarious.

I mean hes still a loathsome human being and all but he rendered at least one service to humanity

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Well if the dems choose someone who is an empty suit as Hillary he might get elected.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
he sux

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

cumshitter posted:

is robert morrow the six california guy who also bought one of the lots of seized bitcoins auctioned off by the government?

nah. peter thiel isn't dumb. that was tim draper. tim draper was the first guy to kick in money to theranos. he's retarded.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
iPhones are tapped out - the new growth sector is going to be immortal bodies and solid gold spacecraft. Nibiru will return!

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

cumshitter posted:

also i think peter thiel is a pretty hypocrtical libertarian. gawker outting him wasnt cool, but i think peter thiel hiding his sexuality from investors should qualify as criminal failure to disclose. as a rational actor participating in the market place i need all the information ic an get so i can make optimal, efficient choices that support my violent homophobia and that includes not doing business with the gays

Hmm interesting perspective, tbh ive never considered the issue from a gay business ethics point of view.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

PUT THE THIEL IN THE GOVERNORSHIP, HO KOGAN

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

cumshitter posted:

also i think peter thiel is a pretty hypocrtical libertarian.
most libertarians are, hth

• Locked thread