Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cams
Mar 28, 2003

$.50/gallon from this tax will go into the new public medicaid insurance fund in order to provide health care to every american citizen, the remaining $.25/gallon from this tax will provide a free handgun to every citizen who wants one. it is my hope that this modest increase on our fuel taxes will help increase the quality of life for all americans and also guns are fuckin cool right guys blam blam blam gently caress you janet this is my daughter and she is coming with me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i second

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

thats cool op im proposing seizing the means of production and establishing a dictatorship of the proletariat, maybe we can work your thing in there too

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I just bought an extremely gas efficient car and this proposal would save me enough every month that my payment for it would be entirely offset

I'm in favor

cams
Mar 28, 2003

blamegame posted:

thats cool op im proposing seizing the means of production and establishing a dictatorship of the proletariat, maybe we can work your thing in there too
nope sorry i have convinced the american people that if they allow your plan they can't grow up to be rich and white and own boats. oh and i also told wall street that if they play ball with me i will let them sell lottery tickets at banks, so i suddenly have four hundred billion dollars.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

cams posted:

$.50/gallon from this tax will go into the new public medicaid insurance fund in order to provide health care to every american citizen, the remaining $.25/gallon from this tax will provide a free handgun to every citizen who wants one. it is my hope that this modest increase on our fuel taxes will help increase the quality of life for all americans and also guns are fuckin cool right guys blam blam blam gently caress you janet this is my daughter and she is coming with me

Can the low income get a credit to offset this otherwise regressive tax?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Not a Step posted:

Can the low income get a credit to offset this otherwise regressive tax?
ok i will up the tax to $.90/gallon and now everyone gets $500 a month in food stamps. i hope you populists will find this adequate.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
TAXED

ENOUGH

ALREADY

cams
Mar 28, 2003

rudatron posted:

TAXED

ENOUGH

ALREADY
adding $.05 to the tax in order to fund air travel for any non-patriots who would go like to live in some poo poo country where you don't have to pay taxes or eat chili cheese fries with pastrami. send us a postcard.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

cams posted:

ok i will up the tax to $.90/gallon and now everyone gets $500 a month in food stamps. i hope you populists will find this adequate.

Sold. Except the food stamps have to be able to be spent on anything, rather than a narrow list approved by the morality police.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Not a Step posted:

Sold. Except the food stamps have to be able to be spent on anything, rather than a narrow list approved by the morality police.
no list of approved items, but a list of approved stores that pass certain government regulations (standard adherence to employment standards, no automated checkout etc)

will also allow the food stamps to be spent at fast food restaurants as long as they obey these similar regulations against automating jobs.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
gonna buy a new nintendo with those food stamps

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

rudatron posted:

TAXED

ENOUGH

ALREADY

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the tax just got ten cents higher.

new revenue will go towards buying tigers from china and just letting them free along the appalacian trail

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Concordat posted:

gonna buy a new nintendo with those food stamps

Yeah sure, whatever. You are best able to decide what goods you need to get by, and if youve got the food and shelter situation covered and you want to buy a Nintendo then go for it.

To not be snarky for a moment everyone gets up in arms over fraud and poors buying Nintendos or whatever when no strings attached income supplements are suggested, and sure it happens in some cases, but the vast majority of people would use the money to buy essentials they can't currently get with food stamps. My aunt was on food stamps when I was young, and she could buy poo poo like steak but she couldn't buy essentials like toilet paper. My mom and my aunt used to go shopping together, with all the food in my aunt's cart and all the non-food items in my mom's. Its ridiculous that dumb morality police trying to save the poor from themselves just make their lives harder than it already is because they can't stop making GBS threads themselves over the possibility that some poor kid might get a Nintendo, or some guy might buy beer and cigarettes. All the welfare fraud in America amounts to basically a rounding error in the federal budget. Get angry over corporate tax cheats that actually move the needle.

Welp thats my rant hope you liked it.

cams posted:

the tax just got ten cents higher.

new revenue will go towards buying tigers from china and just letting them free along the appalacian trail

We should build an American Gladiators style arena along the Mexican border. Anyone who can get through Nitro and Laser gets a green card.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

The joke was more about me being bad at budgeting than about imagined fraud.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Concordat posted:

The joke was more about me being bad at budgeting than about imagined fraud.

I understand jokes, but its also a thing people actually argue about. Also they assume all poor people are bad at budgeting and would therefore squander money on video games if they didn't have the morality police looking out for them, because people think poors are automatically stupid instead of just poor.

Go back to the jokes, I won't do it again, it's just a thing I have to yell about for a minute sometimes.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i support guns, and the mighty apalachian tiger, i am a patriot

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
lol just lol if you don't already pay $3.20 per gallon in taxes like the UK.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
janet you bitch!!!

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

i approve but would like to attach a rider for a $0.10 tax on every vegan item sold to fund the bacon research institute

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.
Why not just raise the capital gains tax to an effective rate, while doing away with the estate tax entirely so trust-fund kiddos won't whine about mumsie and paw-paw's inheritance being double taxed?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Noun Verber posted:

Why not just raise the capital gains tax to an effective rate, while doing away with the estate tax entirely so trust-fund kiddos won't whine about mumsie and paw-paw's inheritance being double taxed?

Well then what incentive will anyone have to work hard???

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.

Wheeee posted:

Well then what incentive will anyone have to work hard???

Just lol if you're not putting all your funds into robotraders and putting real finance men out of work.

VVV Sir I don't think you've been workshopping your ideas as much as I have. Might I suggest a high-level simulation known as 'Democracy 3'? VVV

Noun Verber has issued a correction as of 19:13 on Jan 15, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Noun Verber posted:

i try to deal with one issue at a time but you raise a good point
30% cap gains tax, 100% inheritance tax. all revenue will go to nasa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Not a Step posted:

I understand jokes, but its also a thing people actually argue about. Also they assume all poor people are bad at budgeting and would therefore squander money on video games if they didn't have the morality police looking out for them, because people think poors are automatically stupid instead of just poor.

Go back to the jokes, I won't do it again, it's just a thing I have to yell about for a minute sometimes.

Absolutely, I was just making it clear that under no circumstances do I subscribe to that line of thinking, that poors need restrictions.

Like those dumb laws that require drug-tests before people get unemployment benefits that wind up costing way more money than the benefits "saved" by denying them to drug users.

• Locked thread