Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
A buddy and I wanna play games together. We have tons fun doing comp-stomps like in Killing Floor 1, Left 4 Dead 2 or Mass Effect 3's multiplayer horde mode. Recently we played Overwatch, but that has the tendency to become stressful due to the nature of PVP. I know there's plenty of games on steam that have what we're looking for, but we don't have the cash to try one after another. Any recent-ish titles stand out? Preferably something we could sink a bunch of hours into together. We burned through the Borderlands games sorta quickly.

Thanks pals.

e: this is PC only. Sorry for misunderstanding!

buglord fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shadow Warrior 2

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Any of the "main" Serious Sam games.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Is this only PC or consoles too?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

payday 2 is pretty good.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Shadow Warrior 2

Shadow Warrior 2 has co-op? Hot diggety drat

The Zombie Army Trilogy on Steam is actually surprisingly good, it turns out. Left 4 Dead but with semi-realistic bullet physics and more nazis.

work the balls Sally
Feb 20, 2006
Even as you read this, I'm masturbating to my own post.
Nevermind

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
lost planet 2

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Sven Coop, think its even free on Steam.

Duke Nukeem 3D, might be possible to get it on Steam or GOG.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Gears of War 4 has a decent campaign and a great coop Horde mode.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

This gets my vote because it was one of my favorite games to play with my friend.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
If you liked Killing Floor 1 then its sequel is kind of a no-brainer.

And if you liked L4D2 then its spiritual sequel Vermintide is a no-brainer.*

Those two games are both kind of replayable horde shooters but seconding SW2 for a full co-op campaign, and while I haven't actually played it yet, Goons rave about Dying Light which will give you a huge open world to tool around in with your bud.

*Actually fairly dissimilar in terms of how it plays, VT being much more melee-oriented.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Warframe (it's free)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Saints Row 3/4 are great in co-op

Doom WADs will keep you entertained for decades

Portal 2 is kind of a shooter and you should play that

EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Tellaris posted:

This gets my vote because it was one of my favorite games to play with my friend.

Also because it's got a variety of stages and goals, so you get a few breaks from pure shootmans.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Agree on Lost Planet 2. It's starting to show its age and it was always a bit janky but it's perfect for co op play.

Also heard zombie army trilogy was mindless shooting fun

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Fear 3 isn't a great game on your own but I've had a lot of fun with the co-op. One guy plays the shooty military guy with slo-mo and the other plays his weird ghost brother who gets to fly around possessing people and shooting ghost energy at people.

It's a fun ride, especially with the batshit story.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Seconding F3AR, it's a lot of fun as either character.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Lacklustre Hero posted:

Warframe (it's free)

Gonna have to second Warframe. It's probably one of the better f2p games out there like poe

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

RBA Starblade posted:

Seconding F3AR, it's a lot of fun as either character.

Thank you for correcting my mispelling of the game's name.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It was mentioned earlier, but Earth Defense Force 4.1. EDF 5 if it comes out this year.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Sanctum 2 is a fun mix of FPS and tower defense.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Doodmons posted:

The Zombie Army Trilogy on Steam is actually surprisingly good, it turns out. Left 4 Dead but with semi-realistic bullet physics and more nazis.

This is a really great game, playing this has led me to buy an Xbox one and three other games in that series.

I'm not a huge gamer and Sniper elite 4 (released 02/14/17) is the first game I can ever remember preordering.

FAKE EDIT: This is a PC title as well, but just thought I'd back up the recommendation.

504 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 17, 2017

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Saints Row 3/4 are great in co-op

Doom WADs will keep you entertained for decades

Portal 2 is kind of a shooter and you should play that

EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF

these are all great, edf 4.1 isnt for everyone but its the most fun ive had playing a co-op campaign in years

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
Orcs Must Die is also fun, my GF and I are playing through that, and it's good even with her crappy rural Internet.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
If you get them on sale, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Resident Evil 5, and COD WAW are all good, although relatively short coop experiences. RE5 is the best of the bunch, Vegas 2 is the kind of hilarious trainwreck that will have you laughing the entire time. WAW has like 95% of the campaign and also has zombies which is good for a couple more hours of fun.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
my dude let me direct you to:

E.Y.E DIVINE CYBERMANCY
http://store.steampowered.com/app/91700/

earn brozefs with your brosuf

E.Y.E is like an insane version of Deus Ex mixed with Warhammer 40k run through a French -> English google translator. Steam says I played the game for 38 hours but I honestly can't tell you what the plot is. I do know that you blow up heads with warhammers, shoot chainguns, cast magic, summon werewolves, hack people's brains, earn brosefs (french money), get your own brain hacked, and travel to the moon to fight people in rice farmer hats. It goes on sale constantly for like 3 bux, but the normal price of $10 is still worth a play through with a co-op buddy.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 17, 2017

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The Division has plenty of PVE content now. It used to be that you had to PVP to get the better loot but there's been a lot of additions over the last bit that make it a worthwhile PVE game. If you get the season pass there's even more so. The new Survival mode comes in both PVE and PVP formats and is a lot of fun.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Captain Beans posted:

my dude let me direct you to:

E.Y.E DIVINE CYBERMANCY
http://store.steampowered.com/app/91700/

earn brozefs with your brosuf

E.Y.E is like an insane version of Deus Ex mixed with Warhammer 40k run through a French -> English google translator. Steam says I played the game for 38 hours but I honestly can't tell you what the plot is. I do know that you blow up heads with warhammers, shoot chainguns, cast magic, summon werewolves, hack people's brains, earn brosefs (french money), get your own brain hacked, and travel to the moon to fight people in rice farmer hats. It goes on sale constantly for like 3 bux, but the normal price of $10 is still worth a play through with a co-op buddy.

I love EYE, but isn't it almost impossible to get co-op going? I'd tried a few years ago but no dice.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Vakal posted:

Sanctum 2 is a fun mix of FPS and tower defense.

I was actually considering putting this in my post but I figured it was too different from what the OP was looking for. Definitely seconding this game though.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Mordja posted:

I love EYE, but isn't it almost impossible to get co-op going? I'd tried a few years ago but no dice.

I was definitely able to join servers back in the day but I spent most of my play time SP anyway.

Seconding the recommendation, for all its thorns it's probably my favorite FPS, just don't go in expecting a stealth game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

you can sometimes stealth it with reasonable success until a horde of 100 Xenomorphs spawns and charges at you because you used an ATM

• Locked thread