Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.

On this day, may we remember the great tragedy that devastated Boston with a tidal wave of hot sticky sweet and covered people from the head right to their feet. We will get a movie for a silly marathon bombing, but I think this is the true historical event that needs to be taken advantage of and made into a blockbuster flick to satisfy our media consumption needs.

The tank was newly filled with 2.3 million gallons of Puerto Rican molasses. By noon, the powers above decided to money shot Boston and its inhabitants. The tank burst and unleashed a wave of Aunt Jemima that travelled at about 35 MPH. The unstoppable destructive force of this wave was strong enough to rip building from their foundation and snapped the support girders from an elevated train track. 21 lives were claimed and many more were injured. The loss of property was also great. Medics and police had to walk through a waist-high sea of Buttersworth to find those who needed help.

Decades later, the residents claimed to still be able to smell the sweet, sweet scent of sugar and death. Let us all keep this memory alive on this solemn day!

Troll Bridgington fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
molasses is very thick, this is fake news.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

eonwe posted:

i dont appreciate this

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I think the real heroes were the police and firefighters who first responded to the molasses flood :911:

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH
I wonder if you could encase someone in molasses like that one guy from star trek and carbonite

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
cover story.

a breach got sealed and all that stuff was ectoplasm. thats why you can still smell it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sounds like a sticky situation, OP.

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

Rayjenkins posted:

I wonder if you could encase someone in molasses like that one guy from star trek and carbonite

then they could suck blood out of you millions of years later to make clones

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Macasaurus posted:

then they could suck blood out of you millions of years later to make clones

would your dna be infused with the deliciousness and will it pass on to my clone progeny? If not then no deal I will not be submerged into a vat of molasses and love it no sir

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sweet sassy molassy

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sweet sassy molassy

please dont sass the molass

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
i like maple syrup better, it's worth the extra money imo

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

:prepop:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
movies arent conspicuous consumption ha ha they're like fifty - sixty bucks all included dude and you're sitting in a dark room lol nobody can see you

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

lmfao

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

nice! gonna forward that to my coworkers

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Toadvine posted:

movies arent conspicuous consumption ha ha they're like fifty - sixty bucks all included dude and you're sitting in a dark room lol nobody can see you

thx fam

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

whew

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Hey OP,

Molasses is sweet
And so are you
Now let me gaze on your meat
And klurf the poo

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 16, 2017

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Thats a lot of mole asses

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
e: oops wrong thread

Molasses kills!!!

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

Troll Bridgington posted:

On this day, may we remember the great tragedy that devastated Boston with a tidal wave of hot sticky sweet and covered people from the head right to their feet. We will get a movie for a silly marathon bombing, but I think this is the true historical event that needs to be taken advantage of and made into a blockbuster flick to satisfy our media consumption needs.

This will only work if they bring back smellovision

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

eonwe posted:

Heat up some molasses in a pan and try scooping it with your fingers. I think you'll see

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Imagine being killed that way tho. Imagine sweet hot molasses surging towards you, engulfing you, slowly rising from your feet to your head, deliciously burning you all the while. Mmmmmhhh oh yeah baby spill that molass all over me.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

Son of Rodney posted:

Imagine being killed that way tho. Imagine sweet hot molasses surging towards you, engulfing you, slowly rising from your feet to your head, deliciously burning you all the while. Mmmmmhhh oh yeah baby spill that molass all over me.

Sweet sassy molassy!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Rodney posted:

at first i was all "well just run away duh" but lol 35mph. My second reaction would be to get onto something higher up like 2nd floor of a building but then it's like ripping that poo poo off at the foundation so I'd just be all fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *engulfed in molasses*

would be pretty fuckin' terrifying.

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016

Rasta_Al posted:

Sweet sassy molassy!!

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Imagine being Superman and having to save people from this garbage.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if i was superman i'd address the cause of such misery and implement full communism now

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016

Bob James posted:

Imagine being Superman and having to save people from this garbage.

Maybe he shouldn't be so curious on ehat its like to jerk off in a vat of molasses then

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Op, molasses != maple syrup :sperg:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
It's fuckin' gnarly to think about molasses taking twenty one souls. But a lot of them were probably near instantaneous as it went off like a fuckin' bomb.

So let's look at this poo poo. Someone mentioned molasses is pretty thick, let's say about 90 lbs/cubic foot. So they decided it would be a good idea to make a wooden tank with metal straps 50 ft deep and 90 ft across and fill it with this poo poo on a cold day. Then it goes up like 30 degrees over the next few days...

The metal strap at the base of the tank is a foot and a half wide. So integrating over height from 48.5' to 50' multiplied into 90lbs/f^3 * 90π ft ...

When it failed it released nearly two million pounds of force just on that one strap.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
muh lasses

m'lassie

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

The Protagonist posted:

It's fuckin' gnarly to think about molasses taking twenty one souls. But a lot of them were probably near instantaneous as it went off like a fuckin' bomb.

So let's look at this poo poo. Someone mentioned molasses is pretty thick, let's say about 90 lbs/cubic foot. So they decided it would be a good idea to make a wooden tank with metal straps 50 ft deep and 90 ft across and fill it with this poo poo on a cold day. Then it goes up like 30 degrees over the next few days...

The metal strap at the base of the tank is a foot and a half wide. So integrating over height from 48.5' to 50' multiplied into 90lbs/f^3 * 90π ft ...

When it failed it released nearly two million pounds of force just on that one strap.

poo poo was pretty brutal. rip in molasses

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
killdozer vs great molasses flood, who would win???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Protagonist posted:

Most of then got covered in warm molasses

Then because it was January, it cooled off quickly and hardened into a sweet shell of death.

• Locked thread