Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
Good news for trickle downers, because it turns out the top 0.0000001% of the world's population now has as much wealth as as the bottom 50%, i.e. the 8 richest men on the planet could between them buy half the world's poors. Seems like that's more poors than anybody could possibly use in a lifetime, but somehow the rich still need to get richer, and we certainly support them in their noble quest!

This thread is for marvelling at the awesome majesty and splendor of our modern-day Sun Kings. Post your favorite income inequality stories and news here, also pictures highlighting the contrast between gut-wrenching opulence and heart-wrenching squalor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nuSnE6GNdo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
eat the rich

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

property is theft

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
everyone's a winner baby

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
nothing is stopping you from handing over your money to the poors (send money low on doritos)

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

now thats proper winterwear, not like those ugly 1997 FUBU jackets ppl are wearing now

im gonna pintrest it so will remember it in the famines to come

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Mariana Horchata posted:

now thats proper winterwear, not like those ugly 1997 FUBU jackets ppl are wearing now

im gonna pintrest it so will remember it in the famines to come

Stay warm citizen!

:hai:

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Duscat posted:

Good news for trickle downers, because it turns out the top 0.0000001% of the world's population now has as much wealth as as the bottom 50%, i.e. the 8 richest men on the planet could between them buy half the world's poors. Seems like that's more poors than anybody could possibly use in a lifetime, but somehow the rich still need to get richer, and we certainly support them in their noble quest!

This thread is for marvelling at the awesome majesty and splendor of our modern-day Sun Kings. Post your favorite income inequality stories and news here, also pictures highlighting the contrast between gut-wrenching opulence and heart-wrenching squalor!

My a child is richer than his parents using the criteria that comes to the conclusion as this article. It does not make much sense to me that a child would be richer than his parents, but it arises when debt is taken into consideration as a kind of negative wealth. So in this way, a child with ten dollars is more wealthy than his parents who have mortgage and car loan.

No doubt the most rich have a lot of money but the article is a little misleading, I think, but that is what statistics was created to do, mislead.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
"We've had to endure much, you and I, but soon there will be order again, a new age. Aquinas spoke of the mythical City on the Hill. Soon that city will be a reality, and we will be crowned its kings. Or better than kings. Gods."
\

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
old men

warning

warning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy