Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
can we just stick whitehouse.gov there and be done with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Ed Balls

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Seriouspost, just replace ALOTD with a new feature called "Reddit Roundup", content for years :discourse:

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Maybe like...make the ALOTD link to a random thread on the forums every day that has a Crap rating? Probably a bad idea, I guess.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Maybe like...make the ALOTD link to a random thread on the forums every day that has a Crap rating? Probably a bad idea, I guess.

could just link directly to [poster you hate]'s posts too

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

HappyKitty posted:

Seriouspost, just replace ALOTD with a new feature called "Reddit Roundup", content for years :discourse:

Probably for the best now that the internet is centralized.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

sout posted:

the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

I'm here to talk about the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

HappyKitty posted:

huh I like this concept

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Put me in charge of alotd Richard. My fee is 15 dollars US per article but I'm willing to go lower.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Also change the name to awful links of the day because I'll be churning out articles like a machine gun shooting a typewritter. Also my writing is full of really funny smilies like that one.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

FedEx Mercury posted:

Even when the front page was bustling with fresh articles every day, the alotd was a throwaway gimmick. It's not needed anymore, just put Lowtaxs Twitter feed in there.

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
Woah hey look at that another reddit ALOTD today

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

HappyKitty posted:

Heh hehh.. Second

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

greetings, fellow allcaps-item-of-clothing-fetish username

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i genuinely had no idea what the ALOTD day was until I started pawing through the front page, and there it was.

yeah i don't give a poo poo about it. it's that small and concealed for a reason.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
People don't actually make their own websites anywhere near as often as they did from '93-'10 or so because why bother learning HTML if you can just make a Facebook group/subreddit and use someone else's servers?

Also western financial and entertainment industries have had a significant investment in keeping people outside of their influence from creating their own original content for decades, but that's a long story

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

greetings, fellow allcaps-item-of-clothing-fetish username
I got a real big hat on, and an even bigger hat-on

Dirty Beluga
Apr 17, 2007

Buy the ticket, take the ride
Fun Shoe
maybe it should be Forums Follies where we post about other weird communities - Tommy Aspergers spiderman geocities fan club may be gone but money's on him still posting somewhere.

I'm all for whatever generates the most legal threats.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ALOD more like WIOTD (Worst Internet of the Day) (Daily Worst Internet [DWI])

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme

HappyKitty posted:

LOUD MOUTH FAGGOT
Feb 24, 2017

by Smythe
Removed

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Paladinus posted:

Had to check, and the autistic fuckers forum is up and running again. Autism stronger than death itself.

Null's autism was more potent than Vordrak's

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Lookism.net

There is my awful link for the day.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Also if anyone wants to make me the mod of reorganizing the smilies page I would not bat an eye :corrupt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
It still is.

• Locked thread