Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

It's too bad that identity politics can so easily be exclusionary, indeed are designed to be exclusionary. Feminism? Don't you mean White Feminism? Black Lives Matter? Well I'm not black so.... Immigrant Rights? I'm not an immigrant... Poor? Well you are white, so you are still privileged. Not LBGQT? Well you must not care then. Ad nausium.

ID Pol is inherently exclusionary. Without common identity, it's nothing but a distraction from those that control the lever's of power the rich.

Donald Trump is only superficially different from Hillary Clinton.

gently caress off back to crying over tumblr with the rest of the shitheads and fuckups in the liberal tears thread, powercrazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Oxxidation posted:

gently caress off back to crying over tumblr with the rest of the shitheads and fuckups in the liberal tears thread, powercrazy

so understanding, much tolerance, wow

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so what im getting here is that idpol is only divisive if you have no empathy for people outside your identity group

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

paranoid randroid posted:

so what im getting here is that idpol is only divisive if you have no empathy for people outside your identity group

also if you think your identity group is somehow more special than other identity groups

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

well thank goodness that a distinction between in-groups who deserve empathy and out-groups who are less than us isn't a heavily embedded part of human psychology then!

o wait

maybe we better rethink this

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gringostar posted:

also if you think your identity group is somehow more special than other identity groups

hey that's literally everybody that focuses on a particular identity group.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
acknowledging people who dont look like me as human beings deserving of dignity and their individual struggles as important facets of the greater peoples war against exploitation?

boy, i dunno

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 43 hours!
Wasn't the Saurus permabanned?

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
hey, gently caress 'em if they didn't vote for hillary.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

acknowledging people who dont look like me as human beings deserving of dignity and their individual struggles as important facets of the greater peoples war against exploitation?

boy, i dunno

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Wasn't the Saurus permabanned?

Obviously not.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Sorry about your thread, I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you locked it at this point.

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xa0iLqYKz8x9Yc_rfhtmSOJQ2EGgeUVjvV4A8LsIaxY/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Loose estimates are that the protests today had anywhere between 3.6 million to 4.5 million people across the US.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

VirtualStranger posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xa0iLqYKz8x9Yc_rfhtmSOJQ2EGgeUVjvV4A8LsIaxY/htmlview?sle=true#gid=0

Loose estimates are that the protests today had anywhere between 3.6 million to 4.5 million people across the US.

:yeah:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

VirtualStranger posted:

:eyepop:

VirtualStranger
Aug 20, 2012

:lol:
If those number are accurate, it would probably the largest mass gathering in US history.

3.6 million is 1.1% of the entire US population
4.5 million is 1.4%.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Oxxidation posted:

:qq:

Sorry I care about things that affect us all, and not just a subset.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

I'm mostly surprised that the attendance was so good despite the poo poo weather that was seemingly happening everywhere all at once in the US. Imagine if it had been clear and sunny these past two days.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

The Saurus posted:

well thank goodness that a distinction between in-groups who deserve empathy and out-groups who are less than us isn't a heavily embedded part of human psychology then!

o wait

maybe we better rethink this
Wait, before you answer this I need to kno what percentile your penis length is in. Is it the 1th percentile?

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

The Juneau, AK one had tremendous turnout. Something like over 1,000 people in attendance. And in an isolated tourist town in the winter thats about 1/15th our total population.

TheDon01 has issued a correction as of 08:54 on Jan 22, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

god drat austin

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Trump got more fat women to exercise in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The Saurus posted:

Obviously not.

Can The Saurus be permabanned?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

L-Boned posted:

Trump got more fat women to exercise in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
Spite is a powerful motivation for white womyn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

:qq:

Sorry I care about things that affect us all, and not just a subset.

you really don't

• Locked thread