Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The pilum was a javelin, so while it was technically a pole arm it was meant to be thrown, not used in hand-to-hand combat.
gently caress, how did I forget to mention that. You're absolutely right, they threw them before a charge to gently caress up the enemy formation.

Sheep-Goats posted:

Also it got replaced with what are basically lawn darts pretty quickly because they were cheaper and easier to use.
Nice. Plumbata are pretty brutal. http://mrtalkstoomuch.blogspot.com/2014/08/weapons-warriors-plumbata-of-romans.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Toadvine posted:

Not if you're the Kings fancy little boy

Honestly wearing that metal must have been painful and exhausting not at all my jam

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I have a bunch of throwing knives that an old roommate gave me as a parting gift. To be fair he was a good friend and actual trained ninja so he thought it was cool probably but i was kinda like uh cool okay. Anyways they are sharp af and could probably kill the shut outta a home invader if I knew how to use them but if someone broke into my home I'd probably just grab one of my rifles

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
You had a ninja as a roommate?

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Did your uncle also work at Nintendo?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
If Nooner is a ninja it explains why he won't meet me at pineapple hill saloon in sherman oaks at a time of his choosing like i have asking for the past 2 years

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Smythe posted:

If Nooner is a ninja it explains why he won't meet me at pineapple hill saloon in sherman oaks at a time of his choosing like i have asking for the past 2 years

Nooner why won't you show up to fight Smythe?

Maybe after the last few days opportunity to browse Budk this changes and you guys can duke it out with some poorly manufactured sticks with stainless steel glued to the top. But with full platemail armor.

For this medieval duel you're gonna need about 39.95.

Dave_Indeed fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 24, 2017

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Yeah my roommate went to nijitsu classes he was close to becoming a blackbelt I think.

Let's go to Pineapple Hill next Wednesday night, like 8:00, Smythe, it will be good to finally meet in person so I can give you a few tips and tricks for good and powerful posting :grin:

Risky
May 18, 2003

Which of you wrote this review

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
He was too a real ninja! He took ninja classes at the mall!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Risky posted:

I like the fact that he left him trapped in the window for 20 minutes.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Risky posted:

Just an observation but every review on this website appears to have been made by the adult version of that fat kid on the school bus that was constantly reaffirming his physical prowess with stories about beating up adults and teenagers.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Chitin posted:

He was too a real ninja! He took ninja classes at the mall!

lol no he went to a warehouse in Ventura County to take them and the guy who runs it is hella serious like he goes to Japan to do trainings and poo poo!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nooner posted:

Yeah my roommate went to nijitsu classes he was close to becoming a blackbelt I think.

Let's go to Pineapple Hill next Wednesday night, like 8:00, Smythe, it will be good to finally meet in person so I can give you a few tips and tricks for good and powerful posting :grin:

i have rehearsal weds evening so we will have to sidebar this planning so as not to gently caress up the budk thread even more. be well my friend

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
What kind of idiot b&e doesn't wear shoes?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He was wearing sneakers for sneaking, did you even read the review GOD

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Those caltrops look really lovely, I have my doubts they could pierce a shoe,

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I thought about buying some caltrops and putting them in a hidden compartment in my rear bumper I could activate with a string that led to my drivers seat but then I saw that weaponizing your vehicle to cause jerks to crash is extremely illegal.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ugh thanks Obama

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

If you go into their Survival section you can totally buy "fish" antibiotics. They're "not" for human consumption. ;)

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

If you go into their Survival section you can totally buy "fish" antibiotics. They're "not" for human consumption. ;)

I was so close to buying some last year when I had had an obviously infected cut on my arm but then I sobered up and went to a clinic. I told the doctor lady about it and she just looked really sad.

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.
You really can't beat BudK for stocking stuffers and cheap gifts for friends. If you have a nose for quality some good things can be acquired there. Anything Kriegar is pretty mindblowing when you actually get it:

http://www.budk.com/Kriegar-German-Stiletto-Knife-Imitation-Pearl-Handle-29300

This blade is incredible, just order it if you have a high quality grindstone because it took me about a month to finally hone it.

http://www.budk.com/Genuine-Gurkha-Kukri-Knife-1115

This thing is just flat out handy:

http://www.budk.com/11-Function-Credit-Card-Survival-Tool-18557

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
let's talk more about nooners idiot roommate

• Locked thread