Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hmmm if you're not playing Pirate's Curse on 3DS you're missing the most important feature...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

pirates curse is epic.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
Not playing enviromental station alpha is literally a crime against metroidvanias everywhere.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VideoGames posted:

A Metroid 2 Remake.
This is what I am looking forward to the most. Metroid Zero Mission, Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion were a whole ton of fun and beautiful on my WiiU. This has such rave reviews and is basically a Zero Mission version of 2. How can I not love it?
Playing an illegal game right after the biggest Nintendo game of the year... Somewhere Reggie sheds a single tear

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CrashCat posted:

Playing an illegal game right after the biggest Nintendo game of the year... Somewhere Reggie sheds a single tear

Nintendo are straight up fools for not just buying the game from the dude and releasing it officially.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Honestly it's probably a little more complicated than that. I understand where you're coming from, and that would've been the outcome in a perfect world. Law is scary and tangly, though, and I guess protecting their IP came before considering any business deals.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lurdiak posted:

Nintendo are straight up fools for not just buying the game from the dude and releasing it officially.

Yeah, let's give this guy money for making a thing using our own assets without permission.
AM2R is a good fangame and all but let's not be ridiculous here

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

raditts posted:

Yeah, let's give this guy money for making a thing using our own assets without permission.

Almost all of the assets are unique except for a couple sound clips.

The White Dragon posted:

Honestly it's probably a little more complicated than that. I understand where you're coming from, and that would've been the outcome in a perfect world. Law is scary and tangly, though, and I guess protecting their IP came before considering any business deals.

Yeah you're probably right, but I've seen a few fangames get released officially, so I think if Nintendo was willing they could find a way to do it without damaging their IP rights.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah you're probably right, but I've seen a few fangames get released officially, so I think if Nintendo was willing they could find a way to do it without damaging their IP rights.

Nintendo is the last video game company on earth that will be open to releasing fan games. Hell, the internet infrastructure on their consoles still feels like it's a decade behind the times let alone their policy on this sort of stuff. I think the fact that Nintendo waited until the game was out and available to send the C&D is the best anyone could've hoped for.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lurdiak posted:

I mean, at that point why don't you just try to release a new game "inspired by Metroid", you could even sell it with no issues

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I mean, at that point why don't you just try to release a new game "inspired by Metroid", you could even sell it with no issues

One of the devs suggested that partway into it, but the other guy was like "I ain't finna make anything but a Metroid".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm mad at am2r because no matter what pad i plugged in it refused to allow movement on the dpad and it sucked with the analog stick very very hard and when i got to the point where it was unplayable and had to install joy to key my lovely laptop died forever and i had to stop playing

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm mad at am2r because no matter what pad i plugged in it refused to allow movement on the dpad and it sucked with the analog stick very very hard and when i got to the point where it was unplayable and had to install joy to key my lovely laptop died forever and i had to stop playing

Were you using lovely Sony controllers or something, because it allows D-pad movement just fine on all my pads.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i wanted to try the switch pro but alas the computer is dead.

it was a good game though.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Lurdiak posted:

Were you using lovely Sony controllers or something, because it allows D-pad movement just fine on all my pads.

Yeah, I had no problem using the d-pad on an xbone controller, which honestly is the only controller you need for pc gaming. You don't even need a dongle for the newer ones anymore, they connect via bluetooth.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

raditts posted:

You don't even need a dongle for the newer ones anymore, they connect via bluetooth.

but i don't have bluetooth on my computer

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The White Dragon posted:

but i don't have bluetooth on my computer

Then buy a bluetooth dongle off amazon for $2 or buy a computer made this decade I guess

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

raditts posted:

Then buy a bluetooth dongle off amazon for $2 or buy a computer made this decade I guess

i built mine a couple years ago but buying an extra pci adapter or dongle that costs more to ship to me than the unit itself for something i can just wire up with a usb cable i have on hand seems unnecessary

maybe i'm just a luddite but my opinion of bluetooth has always been "yeah so :geno:"

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

i built mine a couple years ago but buying an extra pci adapter or dongle that costs more to ship to me than the unit itself for something i can just wire up with a usb cable i have on hand seems unnecessary

maybe i'm just a luddite but my opinion of bluetooth has always been "yeah so :geno:"

I think he might've been assuming you were in a position in which wireless was the only option. Wired Xbox One is the way to go.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

raditts posted:

Computers don't have bluetooth anymore

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

In Training posted:

Computers don't have bluetooth anymore

Pretty much every laptop I've had over the last 7-8 years, including the one I bought a year ago, has had one, and the last desktop I bought maybe 5 years ago does too so I can't imagine why they would suddenly stop including them.
But even so,

raditts posted:

buy a bluetooth dongle off amazon for $2

because it's not like computers these days have any shortage of USB ports.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

64-bit Windows 7 is kinda fucky in terms of Bluetooth, actually.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I mean when you put it that way, sure, there are mobos with built-in Bluetooth and wi-fi receivers. For me, it's more important that it's compatible with a multi-OS system than having those other features.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Having hardware support for VM seems pretty standard these days.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Oh no man not VM, I multi boot, which is just sliiiiightly more of a pain in the rear end :v:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm not sure what your use case is but the last time I looked into hackintosh, it was such a huge pain in the butt, with all kinds of asterisk-filled white lists of parts to buy and some pretty annoying stuff to do to get a stable installation of OSX working. Blugh.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
It's pretty easy to get a stable build, it's mostly the motherboard that's the limiting factor. Unless it came out like last month, most popular models of cpu and gpu are supported. I mean, unless you like AMD processors

but then my tolerance for bullshit is extremely high, i put up with a linux installation back in the days when they expected you to ping a server from the command line to get ethernet drivers... but i can totally relate to your dislike of building hackintosh because i haven't used linux since for this exact reason

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 10, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My gaming pc has shuffled from this mortal coil.
I am sad to say that this is the end of this thread because the majority (95%) of my games were steam based and I was trying to cut down my steam library. I did enjoy a lot of things I might never have tried.

Before it died I was REALLY enjoying Rayman Origins, Shantae and AM2R.

I thank you for keeping up with me even if I am not a prolific poster. I will be mostly PS4 gaming now and will have to set this whole thing aside for 2018 (at least by then I will have a new PC I think!)

You all rock and thank you for keeping me in high spirits/watching me/recommending things to me :D

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

VideoGames posted:

My gaming pc has shuffled from this mortal coil.
I am sad to say that this is the end of this thread because the majority (95%) of my games were steam based and I was trying to cut down my steam library. I did enjoy a lot of things I might never have tried.

Before it died I was REALLY enjoying Rayman Origins, Shantae and AM2R.

I thank you for keeping up with me even if I am not a prolific poster. I will be mostly PS4 gaming now and will have to set this whole thing aside for 2018 (at least by then I will have a new PC I think!)

You all rock and thank you for keeping me in high spirits/watching me/recommending things to me :D

Thank you for even attempting this thread, and good luck at getting your computer fixed/replaced!

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Tldr: he wants to play his switch and his pc had an "accident"

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

koolkal posted:

I don't believe Video Games would lie to us!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

koolkal posted:

:(

It's an old PC that I bought in 2009. The only things I've not upgraded were the motherboard and CPU. The CPU is flaking out now when I boot (its an old 2500k) and I have been meaning to upgrade it since I got my GTX970 two years ago, but it just hasn't happened yet. It's easier just to keep it turned off until I can afford a new motherboard/cpu combo and do some electronic surgery.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Press F to pay respects.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

On the upside you can get one of the hot new Ryzen 5s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

raditts posted:

Yeah, I had no problem using the d-pad on an xbone controller, which honestly is the only controller you need for pc gaming. You don't even need a dongle for the newer ones anymore, they connect via bluetooth.

Any idea if they play well with the Bluetooth on an Mac? I got pretty far in AM2R on a PS3 remote, but I had to quit when the remote stopped connecting (both wired and through Bluetooth). Was playing on an iMac from 2011 if that matters.

I tried getting a 360 controller dongle, but apparently they only work with Windows OS.

• Locked thread