Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Ippei_painter/status/1782299850916376638
https://twitter.com/Ippei_painter/status/1782342565154742365

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
https://x.com/fe_heroes_en/status/1782332964124397764?s=61

This looks like it’s going to cause problems. You can get a forma Alfred but he will still follow the inheritance rules of forma units, which is that you cannot inherit skills from a forma unit. That’s kinda the whole purpose of the rearmed hero.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Spectral Werewolf posted:

This looks like it’s going to cause problems. You can get a forma Alfred but he will still follow the inheritance rules of forma units, which is that you cannot inherit skills from a forma unit. That’s kinda the whole purpose of the rearmed hero.
I've also seen people reporting on Reddit that despite Alfred being in the hall (and thus allowing access to Arcane Qiang as per IntSys' own wording), Chloe cannot pick up Qiang on her own in the Hall. You know, the one thing people expected Alfred and other Arcane weapon users to allow when IntSys made that statement of "Arcane weapons will only be available when a Rearmed Hero is in the Hall".

So, good job IntSys! :bravo:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Now that people have messaged IntSys about the "problem", we've been given a straight answer; it is not a bug, it was IntSys being bad with words as usual.

What they wrote:

quote:

Arcane weapon skills will appear as options in Hall of Forms only when the Forma include the Rearmed Hero whose arcane weapon skill it is.
What they should've wrote:

quote:

Arcane weapon skills will appear as options in Hall of Forms only for the Rearmed Hero who owns them if they are among the Forma.

And as has already been established, Forma'd Rearmed Heroes can't give Skill Inheritance. So the gist of the mistaken message was meant to be: "We're not giving you Arcane weapons for free. Give us your moneyOrbs, nerds."
I'm choosing to ignore the fifth set of Combat Manuals when saying this, since those are oneshot inherits that can't duplicate skills.

Basically a Rearmed/Attuned Hero is only in the Hall so that you have a chance to summon them from the accompanying banner. You can use a Forma Rearmed/Attuned Hero as a merge project if you actually like using the unit, but know that by doing so they'll lose the ability to duplicate rare skills -- that's the most important part of their toolkit, and one that actively saves you the game's paid currency, so sacrificing that is a very, very bad idea.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 24, 2024

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

The way it's worded was dumb, but I don't understand how anyone seriously thought the correct interpretation was "no arcane weapons in the hall, except if a rearmed hero is one of the forma, but also, if they are, then the arcane weapon can show up for anyone who can use it." That's like, the least intuitive way that it could possibly work. Also, it's not like it even matters unless you were looking to put Qiang specifically on Chloe.

E: Qiang doesn't even seem that great on her? It's mostly just a sidegrade to the prf she already has. (This will likely be true pretty much every time this situation comes up, since a set of forma units are always going to be more or less contemporary with each other.)

Cattail Prophet fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 24, 2024

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Good to see you can still cheese every rokkr with a legendary female shez and 3 dancers

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

As I expected Rokkr are too easy with modern powercreep. Even the aoe attack is not a problem since a lot of units are bulky as gently caress and heal themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
My CYL tickets spat out some interesting things.
  • Astrid
  • Caeldori
  • Hector
  • Asc!Fjorm
  • Marianne
  • Gatekeeper (actually wanted!)
And then I broke my pity rate on New Heroes by snagging a third Attuned Azura.

Pretty good haul, all told. My only gripe is that I got no new Flares or Flared Sparrows to add to my arsenal, but I've got the former on a Rearmed, and the latter is the new Atk/Spd A Slot hotness that is probably going to end up on seventeen different new units.