Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I actually think Grimm has been pretty awesome this year. If they had come up with some of this last year they might have gotten a full season this year.
This show probably only got a chance because of NBC's lovely ratings but I'm glad it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
yeah

this is what makes Grimm so infuriating.

the cast was either great or improved greatly, the world has a ton of potential, but the writers really don't know how to chart it out.

they should have fallen back on the buffy style of storytelling .

I still haven't forgiven them hiring alexis desinof and then not using him as the big bad. :(

PowerBuilder3
Apr 21, 2010
I know it won't happen, but I want Bud to use his "woodchuck" vessen powers to eat the bad guy's wooden staff (from out of nowhere) and save the world!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So far, this finale is really...

Grimm.

:downsrim:

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Going 20 years into the future was kinda dumb. Should have ended with Rosalee and Monroe talking about how he has more power now than the skullhead dude, and slowly zoom out as Nick looks at the staff.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Going 20 years into the future was kinda dumb. Should have ended with Rosalee and Monroe talking about how he has more power now than the skullhead dude, and slowly zoom out as Nick looks at the staff.

20 years in the future i expect nick to hologram into the trailer and tell his son to haul rear end on his self driving tesla cycle to kill some vessen.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I am kind of happy I feel like this season went out in the spirit the show started.

They may have kneecapped the whole show with one of the shittiest seasons of TV I've ever seen but it's good to see them not end that way.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

rocket_man38 posted:

20 years in the future i expect nick to hologram into the trailer and tell his son to haul rear end on his self driving tesla cycle to kill some vessen.

It's 20 years in the future. The 50's trailer has an iMac in it. It's so high tech, the screen is like 5000 pixels wide.

Seems like Diana kind of outclasses everyone, though. As a telekinetic and psychic that can astral project and what-not. And now that she's grown up, she's no longer literally the worst child actor I've ever seen.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Xealot posted:

It's 20 years in the future. The 50's trailer has an iMac in it. It's so high tech, the screen is like 5000 pixels wide.
and they're referencing books and weapons from hundreds of years ago and have a fricken staff referenced in all holy texts.

Also, nice drop that Trubel was, in fact, Nick's third cousin on his mother's side.

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 1, 2017

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xealot posted:

Seems like Diana kind of outclasses everyone, though. As a telekinetic and psychic that can astral project and what-not. And now that she's grown up, she's no longer literally the worst child actor I've ever seen.

If they ever did a spin-off series, they should totally make that a plot point.

Their version of old books is a low tech iMac.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
All I know is that I literally cheered when Adalind got the axe in the neck. It made my dad laugh because he's been enjoying my hatred of the whole rape lover thing going on. And I totally called they would rewind the day since they were killing too many people too fast.

If it had been 1 in one episode, then 1/2 in another over the course of the season then it'd been less obvious.

Edit: Also, Diana's actress was horrible. That, or the writers can't write children.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I think Diana was intentionally meant to be that terrible. It was too bad to not be intentional.

Also I think she was originally being set up to be a big evil force, and they dropped that.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Medullah posted:

I think Diana was intentionally meant to be that terrible. It was too bad to not be intentional.

Also I think she was originally being set up to be a big evil force, and they dropped that.

I think they were going for an Alia Atreides thing where she was supposed to be unnervingly precocious and articulate for a child. But they wound up with the most rigid child actor they could find, delivering truly horrendous line-readings with zero comprehension of her character's emotional state.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I can't be too harsh on the little blossom, I don't expect a child to be able to act. Those that do show some talent are usually huge messes.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

tessiebee posted:

I can't be too harsh on the little blossom, I don't expect a child to be able to act. Those that do show some talent are usually huge messes.

Kiernan Shipka was probably the best child actor in the past decade or so and we had to sit through Matt Weiner's creepazoid kid to watch her act.

Seriously

quote:

His talents include: creeping everybody out, watching grown women pee, asking for locks of their hair, and being show producer, Matt Weiner’s kid in real life!

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Hey, I liked Marten Weiner in that show. I mean, the character Glen Bishop is a weird creep, but that's not the actor's fault. He was fine. (Also, the lock of hair thing is apparently a true story. Matt Weiner asked someone for their hair when he was a child.)

I'd say he was above average on the spectrum of child actors. Though certainly below Kiernan Shipka and every goddamn kid on Stranger Things.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

tessiebee posted:

Still a better actress than January Jones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prairie Bus
Sep 22, 2006

My wife and I enjoyed this season. We've always enjoyed this terrible show - the first couple of seasons felt new and weird to us because of how unprofessional and unusual they were. We could not stop laughing when, at the end of the second (?) season, they apologized for leaving it on a cliffhanger. It always felt a little clumsy, a little anarchic, and a little charming.

I loved watching Nick be a terrible cop who constantly blundered into easy solutions for all of his cases. I loved that he was constantly an rear end in a top hat to his friends, and even more I loved that the show refused to ever address what a dick he could be. Honestly, the show was carried by Silas Weir Mitchell and Sasha Roiz. Roiz did some great work as a morally grey character in the early seasons (aside: did anyone else think he had a strong sexual chemistry with the woman who played his mom?). Neither my wife or I minded Adalind that much - the show was loyal to its actors, and it would never let some seriously bad writing pigeonhole somebody. Since the show didn't care, we didn't either.

Another unpopular opinion: we hated Drew Wu. He was constantly smug when he shouldn't have been, dropping the most groan-worthy one-liners. The show was never better than when Nick and Hank didn't give a gently caress that Wu was eating his furniture.

Overall, the season was good and the show was mostly worth watching.

• Locked thread