Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hummingbird hoedown
Sep 23, 2004

IS THAT A STUPID NEWBIE AVATAR? FUCK NO, YOU'RE GETTING A PENTAR

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made Products
A couple of years ago I saw a picture of a desk with a strange looking phone on it. The phone had a keypad and a bunch of buttons but the weirdest thing about it was that it had two handsets. I thought maybe it was so two people could listen and talk on a conversation without being in speakerphone or a way to share a phone between two people.

In the last few weeks I discovered that they're called trading turrets.

Here's an example of really nice one.

I've become obsessed with learning about these things and I've discovered two things: they're very expensive and there aren't many soft versions of them.

They have all kinds of interesting functions like hoot and holler, intercom, multicast, and other stuff.

I've read that these turrets can end up costing $10,000 per seat sometimes, inclusive of hardware and support software and licenses.

I've been able to find a single provider of a trading turret softphone from this company. It looks old and costs $1,000 for the software.

Can someone tell me more about these turrets or if there are cheaper alternatives to the professional grade versions sold to financial companies?

hummingbird hoedown fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
If your retail/clearing brokerage is using telephony for order management & execution you really need to find a new one because there is absolutely no way you are getting fair execution & pricing on trades.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
The only thing I care about is now Ill start seeing trading turrets in things, when I have never heard of them before.

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

jbusbysack posted:

If your retail/clearing brokerage is using telephony for order management & execution you really need to find a new one because there is absolutely no way you are getting fair execution & pricing on trades.

You use them to talk to brokers and traders at other shops to arrange bilateral trades, not to trade liquid products through an exchange

• Locked thread