Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
All the best instances of philosophy, action, environmentalism, and court intrigue take place in the first book.

Flubby posted:

We're not supposed to like the Golden Path, either. It will be a harsh, unrelenting, and seemingly endless tyranny that will make sure we never vote wrong again.

Edit: Come to think of it, Alia was also a terrible choice. Terrible decision that year.

The Golden Path propels humanity away from the tyranny of the empire and into self-defined existence. Trumps Golden Path will see an end to democracy as we know it.

Although Alia had experience and frankly it was her turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Crash_N_Burn posted:

People will try to argue this, I think, but the first one only. From the second book onward the writing is worse by measures.

I think the second one "Dune Messiah" is fine. FRANK hadn't gone into professor mode and it has a pretty good bookend to the Paul story. After that though, he loses the narrative. Character development takes a back seat to strawmen and strawlesbian warriors expositioning the other character motivations and feelings.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
Remember:

The slow hand grabs the pussy.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Angela Lansburial posted:

Remember:

The slow hand grabs the pussy.

:golfclap:

village catamite
Apr 7, 2009
It is by walls alone I block their immigration.

It is by the sweat of mexico that the drugs come 'cross the border, the illegals rape our women, and some I assume are good people.

It is by walls alone I block their immigration.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
We sift through brown people to find the humans.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Op, i think youd have attracted a lot more posters if you had shortened the title to Trune

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toadvine posted:

All the best instances of philosophy, action, environmentalism, and court intrigue take place in the first book.

The Golden Path propels humanity away from the tyranny of the empire and into self-defined existence. Trumps Golden Path will see an end to democracy as we know it.

Although Alia had experience and frankly it was her turn

Actually the Golden Path propels America away from the tyranny of empire and into a better, self-defined existence of America for Americans. We are not the world police anymore. All we need is strong borders and a strong domestic economy

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Trump is the Baron and Kushner is his Feyd-Rautha, how is this not obvious to you?

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Bernie Sanders as Duke Leto, leaving his lush home world of Vermont to the blasted lands of Washington, Desert Congress.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Tricky D posted:

We sift through brown people to find the humans.

Put your papers in the box.

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Op, i think youd have attracted a lot more posters if you had shortened the title to Trune

Nah, wouldn't want to confuse the transgendered goons.

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Bernie Sanders as Duke Leto, leaving his lush home world of Vermont to the blasted lands of Washington, Desert Congress.

I deliberately avoided doing any of the heroes.

But now that you mention it, Bernie Sanders is clearly Thufir Hawat, Mentat of House Atreides

The smartest guy in the room, but in the end, no one listens to him. Terrible grooming.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
tiny hands equals tiny wormsign. sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Actually the Golden Path propels America away from the tyranny of empire and into a better, self-defined existence of America for Americans. We are not the world police anymore. All we need is strong borders and a strong domestic economy

Thanks for this you little shill.

• Locked thread