Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Orange Devil posted:

Thought this thread was going to be about Duterte.

Oh, you aren't too far off!

That said, I realize this is an obvious low effort troll, but anyway:

Cobra_Commander posted:

Temporarily banning immigration for 90 days (until a proper vetting process can be established) from 7 countries that were on Obama's watch list is not a Muslim ban. Most of those countries are failed states with no proper method currently of properly vetting. Non-citizens have no rights under the US constitution so it certainly is not "unconstitutional" to impose a temporary ban until proper vetting procedures can be put in place.

Cobra_Commander posted:

Only within US territory, not other countries

"Within U.S. territory, non-citizens have rights because of the 14th Amendment, which declares “nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.”

As hilarious as it is to watch people go "temporarily banning people isn't a ban", it is incorrect to state that non-citizens have no rights under the Constitution so long as they are outside US borders.

Trump's muslim ban harmed green card holders, who are lawful permanent residents of the United States and thus entitled to the full protection of the Constitution no matter their place of residence.

For a more detailed but still accessible summary of the muslim ban's constitutional deficiencies, see here: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...n_violates.html It's unconstitutional in its entirety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobra_Commander
Jan 5, 2017

:siren:SHITPOSTER ALERT!:siren:

Put this Nazi-loving dipshit on ignore immediately!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Oh, you aren't too far off!

That said, I realize this is an obvious low effort troll, but anyway:

As hilarious as it is to watch people go "temporarily banning people isn't a ban", it is incorrect to state that non-citizens have no rights under the Constitution so long as they are outside US borders.

Trump's muslim ban harmed green card holders, who are lawful permanent residents of the United States and thus entitled to the full protection of the Constitution no matter their place of residence.

For a more detailed but still accessible summary of the muslim ban's constitutional deficiencies, see here: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...n_violates.html It's unconstitutional in its entirety.

I said it wasn't a "Muslim" ban. The Muslims located in the 7 countries involved in the temporary ban make up less than 13% of the world's Muslim population, 87% of Muslims are not affected. And the temporary ban is for all people in those seven countries regardless of religion. Liberals and their distortion of the truth knows no bounds.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...xecutive-order/

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cobra_Commander posted:

I said it wasn't a "Muslim" ban. The Muslims located in the 7 countries involved in the temporary ban make up less than 13% of the world's Muslim population, 87% of Muslims are not affected. And the temporary ban is for all people in those seven countries regardless of religion. Liberals and their distortion of the truth knows no bounds.

It's a ban that specifically targets Muslims by prioritizing non-Muslim people for getting through it. It not banning literally ever Muslim ever does not mean that it's not primarily targeted at Muslims.

For someone complaining about "distortion of the truth" you sure are disingenuous as hell.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

GODdammit, at least TRY wrapping your Breitbart link into some other slightly obfuscating poo poo source

What happened to the whacky blog posts with weird capitalization?!

Cobra_Commander
Jan 5, 2017

Roland Jones posted:

It's a ban that specifically targets Muslims by prioritizing non-Muslim people for getting through it. It not banning literally ever Muslim ever does not mean that it's not primarily targeted at Muslims.

For someone complaining about "distortion of the truth" you sure are disingenuous as hell.

It's specifically targeting the 7 countries Obama had placed on a watch list where he also placed restrictions on Visas. These are countries that are considered failed states or nations where the government actively supports terrorism (ISIS / Hezzbollah) and no proper method of vetting those people leaving those countries for the United States.

Where was the outcry from the left when Obama banned refugees from Iraq, who were being systematically slaughtered by ISIS, for 6 months?

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Cobra_Commander posted:

It's specifically targeting the 7 countries Obama had placed on a watch list where he also placed restrictions on Visas. These are countries that are considered failed states or nations where the government actively supports terrorism (ISIS / Hezzbollah) and no proper method of vetting those people leaving those countries for the United States.

Where was the outcry from the left when Obama banned refugees from Iraq, who were being systematically slaughtered by ISIS, for 6 months?

nope

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
What is the current vetting procedure and what would a proper vetting procedure be?

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.
And it turns out populist nonesense that sells well to voters in an election is often poo poo policy which is one reason better past presidents haven't followed through.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cobra_Commander posted:

Competition between insurance companies help to drive prices down. Which is why competition between insurance companies should be opened across state lines. There is also more incentive to provide better services when there is competition. What incentives will the government have to provide quality healthcare when they have a monopoly over the entire healthcare system?

This is a naive understanding of how capitalism ought work.

A business similar to insurance is credit cards (risk of default, profit's in the premiums, etc.). When those were opened up to cross state line competition, they all just moved to Delaware. It did not turn out well.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/credit/interviews/mierzwinski.html

Instead of lowering rates (what competition was supposed to do) it actually enabled usurious rates. Given the similar structures of their business model, I don't see why the same thing wouldn't happen with insurance. Why would it happen?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Cobra_Commander posted:

By this warped logic, Jim Crow wasn't targeted at black people, because most black people live in Africa, not the southern United States.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cobra_Commander
Jan 5, 2017

Ok, who is the butthurt loser who paid $5 to change my icon and text?

lol, whatever. I'm not wasting $5 to change it back

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Cobra_Commander posted:

Ok, who is the butthurt loser who paid $5 to change my icon and text?

lol, whatever. I'm not wasting $5 to change it back

Buying derogatory avatars for morons is an entrenched tradition on this forum boyo. This one's not very imaginative but you don't really deserve more.

Also it costs :10bux:

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Since we're getting rid of the Mexicans, would they include Puerto Rican's too? Like a two for one thing.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMspcxr1Vi8

Cobra_Commander
Jan 5, 2017

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Buying derogatory avatars for morons is an entrenched tradition on this forum boyo. This one's not very imaginative but you don't really deserve more.

Also it costs :10bux:

lol, $10?

Well whoever it was wasted their money. I already mentioned I was a poo poo poster in my original text and I don't mind the new avatar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Peven Stan posted:

remember amateur economist? he's still in the most ignored list I think. Kids today get their lazy trolling jollies off reddit and never learn to develop a proper persona like toblerone triangular

I swear the new generation of people who think they're hilarious trolls are super lazy and unoriginal as hell about it

• Locked thread