Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
As Enacted By Popular Vote In C-SPAM Initiative 0003

This is a thread for january through march to read and post about saul alinsky books

i'm gonna be reading Rules For Radicals and if you want to read that over the next few months between your busy schedule of posting and getting loving drunk and high and whatever, I'm able to read it for free because I googled and found the full text available in multiple places posted by lots of different people so

I know nothing about this book going in other than back when obama and clinton were primary opponents the republicans were acting like it was extremely degenerate and bad that Obama and Hillary had read books by this dude and maybe hung out with him? I'm interested in what was so terrible about this dude, and big-league interested in where and how his students failed and if there's anything at all to actually use or just all teaching by a failure to failures but either way it's of some relative historical relevance so

here's /
that /
thread /

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
first off idk if radicals shld follow rules???

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I don't read, OP

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

first off idk if radicals shld follow rules???

right? like ok so you wrote a book great job still not sure what makes this guy the expert on how to affect change given that with literally all the power in the world his own people couldn't stop a racist rapist tv star fake billionaire man. like there's probably some major mistakes here and it's all from before internet and social media were a thing too so who knows. maybe this is a *extremely paul ryan voice* fucken waste of time

i'm gonna start postin about rules for radicals by saul alinsky 2mrow but anyone who's reading an alinsky thing or this one or has read em before and wants to post about em is welcome or just has more background info on what this dudes deal was and why the gop acted like he was a monster is good too

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

I don't read, OP

you spelled everything in your post very well for someone who doesn't read unless you were lying but that would be messed up 2 do imo

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

crazy cloud posted:

you spelled everything in your post very well for someone who doesn't read unless you were lying but that would be messed up 2 do imo

I didn't say that I couldn't read just that I don't. Please don't disable me unfairly.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

I didn't say that I couldn't read just that I don't. Please don't disable me unfairly.

i apologize for the unintended mischaracterization all are welcome itt reading and non-reading you can be here and not read go for it

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

crazy cloud posted:

i apologize for the unintended mischaracterization all are welcome itt reading and non-reading you can be here and not read go for it

Remember, ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

rules for radicals is basically just How To Organize and tea party people took a lot of pro tips from it. I've been meaning to read it for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

I don't read, OP

I can read. but like with Trump, it's a real struggle.

• Locked thread