Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

manyak posted:

I didnt watch it but apparently he was a stupid dick head on the show and lots of people didnt like him. I only started watching him after that and i like him so i will never watch it

yeah he was a huge rear end in a top hat and got drunk and said some weird poo poo to people but he is so fun to watch fight that it is easy to forget it. but you have the right idea in not watching his tuf season.

Him vs Khabib is the fight I've been most excited to see for a long time so this card is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

manyak posted:

I didnt watch it but apparently he was a stupid dick head on the show and lots of people didnt like him. I only started watching him after that and i like him so i will never watch it

Yeah I just remember he gets drunk as gently caress at one point and starts yelling at some dude who's divorced or something like WHERES YOUR SON HUH WHERES YOUR SON WHERES YOUR SON trying to start a house fight. Really sweet mma boxer though.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
lol yeah here we go, the target of his rant was going through custody issues over his kid

https://streamable.com/t4uk

quote:

Why did I bring up Charlie's son? I have no idea, but I have a guess. My birth father wasn't there for me growing up. Somehow Charlie's situation mixed in with my adrenaline from fighting and the booze all worked together to bring up my own issues. I learned a lot about myself watching that on tape and how I felt about certain things in my life. I was under a lot of pressure, I was trying to bottle up frustration and it didn't work. Well, it worked for a while, but ultimately did not.

I said some things I shouldn't have said. I was in a weird place. I was having crazy dreams in that house. The entire experience took me out of my own independence and removed all of my release valves.

I really regret saying what I said to Charlie and we've talked about it since the incident. I've spoke to Clay Harvison and Chuck, too. We are in a better place now than we were that night.

In Trump's America that's pretty much a straight up hand on heart apology.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol yeah here we go, the target of his rant was going through custody issues over his kid

https://streamable.com/t4uk

In Trump's America that's pretty much a straight up hand on heart apology.

Well thats nice.. i went from not knowing about it to forgiving him for it. I think he is a changed man

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The best outcome will be for Khabib to sit on Tony for 5 rounds punching him in the head, just riding the line between stopping the fight and not. 5 rounds, 10-7 each round. Too bad this isn't in New York.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

That would be a poo poo outcome.

Tony is super slick in scrambles and isnt afraid throw up crazy poo poo.

I can't wait for this or the main event and I think a lot of people especially the betting public are really overlooking just how good ferguson is.

This is a dude who hosed up Barboza using kickboxing and then solidly out grappled thompson and trujillo.

I can certainly see the possibility of ferguson cracking khabib and getting a sub in a scramble. I can also see t ferg getting bulled and ridden.

Im full rogan in bald man shout times excited.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Stipe Rules

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

manyak posted:

Yeah he basically had Chris Leben level baggage while being the baddest guy in the house.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Dickhead Tony "where's your son" Ferguson called Khabib a bully for some reason, I hope Khabib suplex him into a crater

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
even if khabib can dominate tony on the ground, khabib has slowed down in the third before and he's never gone five. and tony will not be easy to hold down for any amount of time. i'm thinking tony takes this, and will bet that way, but honestly either outcome will be sick and the fight cannot be bad.

oh and maia / masvidal is confirmed apparently. did we already discuss this?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

chaleski posted:

Dickhead Tony "where's your son" Ferguson called Khabib a bully for some reason, I hope Khabib suplex him into create a crater

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

even if khabib can dominate tony on the ground, khabib has slowed down in the third before and he's never gone five. and tony will not be easy to hold down for any amount of time. i'm thinking tony takes this, and will bet that way, but honestly either outcome will be sick and the fight cannot be bad.

oh and maia / masvidal is confirmed apparently. did we already discuss this?

Poor maia. Hes gonna miss his shot isnt he :(

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Khabib is my current "I have no idea how he could lose his undefeated streak" guy. I have faith in him and if he wins I'll probably have a heart attack from the Khabib/Conor hype and eventual fight.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the more time has passed hte more convinced i am tony ferguson will win this fight. he's just too loving sick.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

manyak posted:

he was an insufferable handjob on tuf and I specifically regarded him as subhuman garbage up until his fights became very fun to watch on the regular

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

i think overeem is gonna try to get it to the ground where he has an enormous advantage

basically everybody who has fought Hunt in the UFC had the same advantage, but not many have been able to punish him for it. In his title run Overeem mixed in takedowns and grappling in several fights, but I think you can also see he's very conservative about getting caught in striking exchanges (i.e. getting on his bike against Stipe). Hunt has shown that he's vulnerable to somebody shooting in on a single, but Overeem's preferred entries are different--compare what happened to Hunt against Lesnar and Stipe to what he did to Mir and Nelson.

The difference might be that Hunt has to actually respect Overeem's striking, which would help Alistair set up takedowns.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/836749631128240128

With the title fight this weekend surprising a bit that Maia accepted a fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Digital Jedi posted:

gsp is coming back. maia needs to stay relevant. he can't just hope for a woodley.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Overeem can very easily gently caress it up but that goes without saying.

Yeah, I think that's in the bible or something.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Digital Jedi posted:

Oh boy I might have to go see Cub Swanson fight

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Digital Jedi posted:

At this point I believe they want Lobov to be the first in octagon death. Cub is a tough loving fight for a guy who only has a job due to nepotism.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Same

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'm within driving distance to Nashville but the tickets better be nearly free for that loving thing.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
the NYSAC has denied that appeal]NYSAC denied Holly's appeal

New thread is up!. Let me know where I inevitably hosed up, because I inevitably gently caress something up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Memento posted:

the NYSAC has denied that appeal]NYSAC denied Holly's appeal

New thread is up!. Let me know where I inevitably hosed up, because I inevitably gently caress something up.

I just wanted to close my thread with one of those thread-closing posts, so here it is.

• Locked thread