Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Oh go eat a dick Costas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

VInce is such a god damned lunatic. I love it

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think my favorite thing I never knew before is the dude who wanted to be called Teabagger.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh get hosed Costas.

Holy poo poo someone needs to punch Costas asap jesus gently caress

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

maxallen posted:

bob costas owns because he made vince look like an rear end in a top hat chump
not that vince needs much help

Bob Costas and Vince are both gigantic flaming assholes of entirely different varieties.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bob Costas and Vince are both gigantic flaming assholes of entirely different varieties.

i know nothing about bob costas other than he hates vince mcmahon and thats good enough for me

e: also he does the olympics

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ch3cooh posted:

VInce is such a god damned lunatic. I love it

hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf-sNmLjzz0&t=104s

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

maxallen posted:

i know nothing about bob costas other than he hates vince mcmahon and thats good enough for me

e: also he does the olympics

He is easily one of the most smug, sanctimonious motherfuckers on the planet and the part that's amazing about it is I don't know that much about him either but he just makes it that painfully obvious in even the smallest of soundbites.

Doesn't mean he's bad at his job or wrong about every point he makes but God does he ever make me want to smack him upside the head.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Bob Costas appeared as himself in Pootie Tang.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

joshtothemaxx posted:

I think this is the best part. Vince's crazy loving ideas were just ahead of their time and/or required the best players to make work. Their production value was A#1 (except for forgetting to put gasoline in the generator hahahaha).

Yeah, it's no coincidence that when Ebersol launched SNF on NBC he went all-in with the Skycam and flashy player intros.

I wonder how an XFL-type league would work today, without the obvious mistakes like the trashy sex stuff and the blatantly dangerous rules. At the time people rolled their eyes, but Vince may have been on to something with calling out the NFL's stuffiness, and now that anti-NFL sentiment is reaching a peak there could be a real demand for a "fun" alternative with the big personalities and silly dances.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

...Also, Vince's number one babyface gave the POTUS a stunner at Wrestlemania.

Vince > Bob

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I don't want it to be lost on us that one dude's name on that doc was Chemish. His parents went with Chemish

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

schweens posted:

I don't want it to be lost on us that one dude's name on that doc was Chemish. His parents went with Chemish

He was an admitted Mormon though, they have some weird names.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Benne posted:

Yeah, it's no coincidence that when Ebersol launched SNF on NBC he went all-in with the Skycam and flashy player intros.

I wonder how an XFL-type league would work today, without the obvious mistakes like the trashy sex stuff and the blatantly dangerous rules. At the time people rolled their eyes, but Vince may have been on to something with calling out the NFL's stuffiness, and now that anti-NFL sentiment is reaching a peak there could be a real demand for a "fun" alternative with the big personalities and silly dances.

The concussion stuff would be a huge issue.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4414963/xflfan2.jpg

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I don't know if I've just been keeping up with the presidency too much but all I could hear was Trump when listening to Vince describe his vision for the XFL and the build up to the first game.

But I do know for sure that I want to give Bob Costas pink eye while wearing an XFL jersey.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if they made the xfl again today you can bet id eat lovely pizza and drink lovely beer and watch the gently caress out of it every week

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

MotU posted:

if they made the xfl again today you can bet id eat lovely pizza and drink lovely beer and watch the gently caress out of it every week

Especially in like May when football is long gone

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

keevo posted:

I don't know if I've just been keeping up with the presidency too much but all I could hear was Trump when listening to Vince describe his vision for the XFL and the build up to the first game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gepgI83xwQw

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

keevo posted:

But I do know for sure that I want to give Bob Costas pink eye while wearing an XFL jersey.

I found his descriptions of the media to be completely Trumpish

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

joshtothemaxx posted:

Holy poo poo are they teasing a new loving league with Vince-NBC-Jerry Jones?!

Big problem with NFL is that there's little to no methods in terms of a second division. The league could use something for the teammates that get no game minutes running, similar to JV/Varsity. Also gives players a place to rehab during injury before being thrown back into a big game.

If Vince/Dick/Jones can pitch it to the NFL, also to use as a testing ground for new production methods, angles, tech, etc, and throw the games on NFL Network, they could have something running there.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I can't see any of them wanting to be part of a product which would never be seen as equal footing to the nfl itself.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

keevo posted:

TREMENDOUS

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

I'm assuming everyone in this thread already knows that Trump and Vince are best buddies and Don is in the WWE Hall of Fame, right?

e, God drat that is some sweet old school green screen in that USFL clip

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Stealth Tiger posted:

I'm assuming everyone in this thread already knows that Trump and Vince are best buddies and Don is in the WWE Hall of Fame, right?

Yes. And Linda has a position in a fascist administration.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

joshtothemaxx posted:

Yes. And Linda has a position in a fascist administration.

when it all goes tits up she's going to claim she was Albert Speer.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Stealth Tiger posted:

I had no idea actually, this has brought me into the biggest existential crisis I've had since someone told me a week ago that wrestling isn't real. :ohdear:

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
god this was some bad football

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
playing defense in the xfl and being told that you'd make more money the harder you concussed the opposing team into submission sounds pretty awesome imho.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
also i'm really pissed that they completely neglected to mention the opie & anthony xfl preshow.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
This was pretty good but would have been better if they fixed the intro to not make it WWE revisionist history and added another 30-45 minutes to flesh some things out.

I found the XFL business plan part really interesting, since it shows how little long term planning Vince has been doing for years. Going to launch a rival league against the most powerful entity in US sports? Lets bang it out in like 6 weeks and launch way before we're ready.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Sugar Blaster posted:

also i'm really pissed that they completely neglected to mention the opie & anthony xfl preshow.

opie's probably crushed

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
I just spent a few fake google bucks to watch this on youtube.

Holy poo poo is Bob Costas a massive loving douche.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Sugar Blaster posted:

playing defense in the xfl and being told that you'd make more money the harder you concussed the opposing team into submission sounds pretty awesome imho.

Yeah it's important to remember this was during the time of "JACKED UP" and celebrating trying to kill guys with hits. I think it didn't stop until like 10 years later. The NFL essentially incentivized head hunting by promoting highlight reel hits.

• Locked thread