Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'd love to learn more because there are few things funnier than somebody who obviously has no power over their personal life getting drunk on mod power on a dead forum. I remember that poo poo happening back in the early byob days and it was hilarious.

I love forums drama.

Perhaps there is some mysterious link between this and being unable to look away from the glorious trainwreck that is Trump?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I mean you just have to read Lowtax's current announcement and this post LadyAmbien (Lowtax wife) made in D&D to get a sense of what happened. Lowtax got dragged back to the forums back around mid-Nov because Ermax wouldn't initially ban the Hillary toxx people and didn't like what he saw after lurking for a while.

LadyAmbien posted:

Mods, if you are banning and probating people that have a different opinion/stance/political agenda/view than yours, when does the debate begin to happen?

Debate and Discussion does not work in an environment where everyone has the same opinions. It does not exist to be a special space for you to all circle jerk each other off and feel superior to anyone who thinks differently EVEN IF that opinion is offensive. Abusive? Sure - ban the hell out of them.

Things need to change around here. This is not LIBERAL DEBATE & DISCUSSION. This is a place where people pay to post, and have a right to express their personal opinions as long as they are not personally attacking anyone else. Which does NOT include blanket statements regarding groups, unless it is especially extreme.

A good example of things needing to change is the hypocritical bullshit that took place after the election when it was arbitrarily decided that those who volunteered to be banned if Hilary won, were not. The fact that we all know that had the result been reversed, every one of those bans would have been enforced is embarrassing.

Do your jobs impartially or resign.

FEEL FREE TO DEBATE AND DISCUSS THIS POST.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

This is confusing a number of things that happened, but you're right that it was focused mainly on D&D moderation and didn't spill over here.

couldn't have happened to a nicer forum

now do pyf :twisted:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

BexGu posted:

I mean you just have to read Lowtax's current announcement and this post LadyAmbien (Lowtax wife) made in D&D to get a sense of what happened. Lowtax got dragged back to the forums back around mid-Nov because Ermax wouldn't initially ban the Hillary toxx people and didn't like what he saw after lurking for a while.

I get what's he's going for but there's a line with this sort of thing and being a fascist is pretty far over it imo

but it's his forum so ehn

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Harrower posted:

*disappears for 6 months out of each year and everyone wonders if he is dead or not*

So he'd be GWB

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Chokes McGee posted:

I get what's he's going for but there's a line with this sort of thing and being a fascist is pretty far over it imo

but it's his forum so ehn

Fascist is a meaningless term

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Fascist is a meaningless term

words don't have meanings. you can't just communicate things

god

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Chokes McGee posted:

words don't have meanings. you can't just communicate things

god

Words have meaning as long as they are used in a sufficiently narrow scope. When "Fascist" can apply to literally anyone, it loses all meaning.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Words have meaning as long as they are used in a sufficiently narrow scope. When "Fascist" can apply to literally anyone, it loses all meaning.

it cannot be applied to literally anyone, hoping that this helps.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Do you consider internet funnyman "Lowtax" a Fascist?

What about a Trump voter?

What about someone who thinks you are gay?

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fidel Castronaut posted:

You know who else claimed he was an authority on what is and isn't fascist?

FART

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Do you consider internet funnyman "Lowtax" a Fascist?

What about a Trump voter?

What about someone who thinks you are gay?

i honestly do not know much about lowtax but i would wager on him not being a fascist. i think trump voters are for the most part authoritarian and that, while not 100%, there's a whole bunch of fascism and fascism apologia in that demo. someone who thinks i'm gay may or may not be a fascist. can't say because that's not a lot to go on to develop an idea of their general political ideology.

but, um, anyway, words mean things so i repeat, it cannot literally be applied to everyone.

hoping that what i typed is going to be helpful to you in your time of need.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i honestly do not know much about lowtax but i would wager on him not being a fascist. i think trump voters are for the most part authoritarian and that, while not 100%, there's a whole bunch of fascism and fascism apologia in that demo. someone who thinks i'm gay may or may not be a fascist. can't say because that's not a lot to go on to develop an idea of their general political ideology.

but, um, anyway, words mean things so i repeat, it cannot literally be applied to everyone.

hoping that what i typed is going to be helpful to you in your time of need.

Ok I agree with you. However there is a word that I hope will help you in this era of confusion. That word is "context." The context of my comment was a poster calling internet funnyman Lowtax a "fascist." Since I disagree with that assessment I was using a technique called "exaggeration" to demonstrate the absurdity of calling literally everyone a "Fascist." Because I believe that if you can successfully paint a dying forums admin as a Fascist, then who isn't one?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

i still can't get over how it looks like your av is mufasaing a butthole. "this your land, butthole. all this, for you, butthole son of mine."

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Glad you understand. Thanks!

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Pls raise ur right hand, lotax "rich" kyanka

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Glad you understand. Thanks!

One day, all that you goatse before you shall be yours.

• Locked thread