Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp
I found a scorpion in my house, it's about 2-3 cm (1 inch)....there are no scorpions living in the wild in my country, nomally anyway....so I'm not sure which country this thing is from

any ideas?
(this is not the one I found, but one that is looking exactly like it (found in a house very close to mine, pretty much the same story :-/ )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inkajoo
Oct 4, 2015

nyes
looks like flavor b. scotch put your tongue to the tip and try it out :)

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

That's a bark scorpion and you lucked our they're venomous as all hell.

paraquat posted:

I found a scorpion in my house, it's about 2-3 cm (1 inch)....there are no scorpions living in the wild in my country, nomally anyway....so I'm not sure which country this thing is from

any ideas?
(this is not the one I found, but one that is looking exactly like it (found in a house very close to mine, pretty much the same story :-/ )

Do you live in:

a) Eastern Europe
b) Southwest / Midwest U.S.

???

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

Camel Camus posted:

Do you live in:

a) Eastern Europe
b) Southwest / Midwest U.S.

???

Western Europe,
but like I said, this one must have come here with the suitcase of one of my neighbors.
people travel, so the continent this thing came from cannot be guessed.

Btw, why not Australia?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
https://www.ntnu.no/ub/scorpion-files/european_scorp.php

It looks a lot like other members of Euscorpius to me, there are a lot of species and only some are photographed, you'd probably have to know somebody in the area. From what I could find, there are plenty of scorpion species in western europe, you're probably just not looking where they can be found.

I would bet it's native to your country (or from an adjacent country)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 5, 2017

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

paraquat posted:

Western Europe,
but like I said, this one must have come here with the suitcase of one of my neighbors.
people travel, so the continent this thing came from cannot be guessed.

Btw, why not Australia?

Cause if it was from Australia you wouldn't be around to post right now.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
It's similar to Urodacus Macrurus but the claws are wrong.

Sithas
May 12, 2001
My hovercraft is full of eels.
as a scorpion expert (graduated 2008) and based on the picture, it appears to be offering you a classic scorpion mating dance. have you reciprocated? can't help without further mating information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Camel Camus posted:

Cause if it was from Australia you wouldn't be around to post right now.

Cursory googling indicates that Australia's scorpions aren't very dangerous, less so than the bark scorpion in the Western US.

I was surprised.

• Locked thread