Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

redshirt posted:

They killed Mrs. Krabapple??? How? Why? When?

Well, the actress died. The character's death has been referenced on the show but wasn't shown. Edna died offscreen basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I didn't know that either. What the hell. That actually is kind of a major character.

e: oh yeah that makes sense

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
She died like ten years ago lol. Last original episode was a season 25 sideshow bob ep, grim

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
troy mclure is still out there, getting banned from every aquarium he can

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

And Hutz is currently in hiding, working in an Orange Julius in Capital City

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Paingod556 posted:

And Hutz is currently in hiding, working in an Orange Julius in Capital City
Say hello to Miguel Sanchez

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

shyduck posted:

Say hello to Miguel Sanchez

I fuckin’ LOVE Phil Hartman’s inflection in that one line.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Phlegmish posted:

I didn't know that either. What the hell. That actually is kind of a major character.

e: oh yeah that makes sense

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
this picture is from more than ten years ago

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

You Are A Werewolf posted:

I fuckin’ LOVE Phil Hartman’s inflection in that one line.

The man could make anything hilarious. His performances on NewsRadio were enough to make Joe Rogan look downright rational from time to time.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Alright I got a chuckle out of the mirror (assuming that was intentional)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Solid, but a better joke if Marge is in there

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

so whats with the kid in the lower left

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Regular Wario posted:

What do you think the cornstarch is for

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Regular Wario posted:

That's Moe's girlfriend (or maybe wife I don't remember). She is a little person, not a kid.

I think she's showed up once since they became a couple.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

PostNouveau posted:

I hate that I know this, but if you're talking about the person in red that's actually Maya, a little person once engaged to Moe.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I'm pretty sure that's who the picture beside Edna is supposed to be. Marge's mom looks different

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

womb with a view posted:

I'm pretty sure that's who the picture beside Edna is supposed to be. Marge's mom looks different

I looked this episode up and it is indeed an aged Marge. The episode itself sounds dumber than hell. Bart sees ghosts after being struck by lightning and he helps them move on after fulfilling something the ghosts never got to finish in life while he’s in a coma somehow. Episode is called “Flanders’ Ladder” after Jacob’s Ladder… I guess?? Cuz there’s ghosts???

Anyway, I leave you with this pile of butt farts from the episode:

quote:

The ending montage is a parody of the last episode of the HBO series, Six Feet Under depicting the demise of various Simpsons characters:

Smithers commits suicide at the age of 50 after Mr. Burns marries Angelina Jolie.

Homer dies at the age of 59 after being shot by police after leaving a building with a sandwich. Clancy Wiggum takes the sandwich and eats it, but dies at 62 after choking to death on it.

Marge, being remarried to Ned, dies at the age of 84 peacefully after taking a drink out of a glass of tea (Ned later hangs her portrait on his wall of the many pictures of his dead wives).

119-year-old wheelchair-bound Seymour Skinner suffers a fatal heart attack when Bart launched fireworks (reading “SKINNER SUCKS”) into the air. Skinner's corpse runs over an 80-year-old Bart, which kills him.

Lisa, now working at a Buddhist monastery, proceeds to meditate when she realizes that it was all a waste of time, collapsing and dying at the age of 98.

120-year-old Ralph Wiggum, now a king at this point, dies after his descendant poisoned his drink, and his descendant becomes the new king.

Maggie is revealed to have never passed on, becoming a constellation, or becoming powerful enough to have her own moving constellation.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Death is where Ralph is a bi king.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

man Ned has some really high ceilings there, huh

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

You Are A Werewolf posted:

I looked this episode up and it is indeed an aged Marge. The episode itself sounds dumber than hell. Bart sees ghosts after being struck by lightning and he helps them move on after fulfilling something the ghosts never got to finish in life while he’s in a coma somehow. Episode is called “Flanders’ Ladder” after Jacob’s Ladder… I guess?? Cuz there’s ghosts???

Anyway, I leave you with this pile of butt farts from the episode:

The "Maggie never died" at the end I'm not gonna lie was absurd enough it made me smile. The Wiggum bit and the Lisa bit especially made me do the opposite of smile.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
And okay, we can all admit spider-pig was freaking epic and twisted.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The Awesomesaurus posted:

It’s weird how random parts of the new Simpsons are suddenly over-animated, but it still manages to look like poo poo.

Haha yeah some of the hot dog mans laughter you could tell someone was doing their best to make it look like hearty laughter but then it just kind of sticks out, not used to seeing simpson do a micro expression in between frames for a scene laughing at their own bit.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Someone please tell me that the picture in the bottom right (above Ms. Hoover) isn't supposed to be Shauna Chalmers, because if it is, that's loving gross. She's a teenager!

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Shauna_Chalmers

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I want an episode about Flanders marrying Kearney in a wig, getting a divorce, and marrying Bart in a wig now. Isn't present day Ned supposed to be 60, I guess here he's like 110. Also, no Vegas wife so I guess she's still alive.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i don't want any of that

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
That's a very nice wig Kearney.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

homewrecker posted:

Someone please tell me that the picture in the bottom right (above Ms. Hoover) isn't supposed to be Shauna Chalmers, because if it is, that's loving gross. She's a teenager!

https://simpsons.fandom.com/wiki/Shauna_Chalmers

Oh that is Shauna.

:lol: they used the current photos of everyone but Marge because they were too lazy to do aging for anyone else they hadn't already done it for

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Nah, she's just the only one that ned let live a little longer :skeltal:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

like the ending montage to that one clipshow episode, every single one of those marriages will someday not be a joke but a real episode

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Oh wow, queer erasure as well in service of a joke that's not even funny?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It is funny though

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

A thought: when The Be Sharps perform at the Statue of Liberty’s centennial and Homer is introducing the statue, does he pause after saying “200…” because he has to think about it and doesn’t want to gently caress it up by saying pounds instead of tons, or was the wink with the pause just for panache?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Well he's smiling as he winks. The wink and pause are for, like, the audience is "expecting" him to say pounds, but when he says tons they can be like "Ohh, the statue". I always took it as Homer thinking the joke and delivery is more clever than it actually is. And then it backfires on him because someone freaks out.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

HJE-Cobra posted:

man Ned has some really high ceilings there, huh

the town rebuilt his house as best they could after the hurricane but they're not good contractors

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Toxic Mental posted:

It is funny though

Is it, though?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Well he's smiling as he winks. The wink and pause are for, like, the audience is "expecting" him to say pounds, but when he says tons they can be like "Ohh, the statue". I always took it as Homer thinking the joke and delivery is more clever than it actually is. And then it backfires on him because someone freaks out.

Makes sense. Thanks :tipshat:

I love the freak out guy. :byodood: “QUIT STALLING! WHAT’S THE PLAN!!?

You Are A Werewolf fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 26, 2024

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

It's not the jape of the season but it is a witty and humourous way to reveal the statue as the subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Huh, I always took it as more of a "never ask a woman her weight" kinda thing, but you might be right