Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

What was the deal with Makoto's aunt? She seemed to know the deal with time jumping but it was because of that walnut time machine thing or whatever. Otherwise I thought it was a very enjoyable film that dealt with personal responsibility and a little bit of romance. I give it an 8/10. Thinking about checking out some of Mamoru Hosoda's other movies eventually, Wolf Children has caught my attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Women's intuition, I suppose.

I enjoyed Summer Wars a lot, and If you haven't seen the Digimon Movie "Our War Game" it's basically a better version of that without Digimon.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

i havent seen this anime but have you considered watching angel beats

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

i havent seen this anime but have you considered watching angel beats

I have considered it actually, but I'm still waiting for you to watch katanagatari

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The movie is a sequel to the book of the same name (rather than an adaptation) and her aunt is the protagonist of the original book.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

littleorv posted:

I have considered it actually, but I'm still waiting for you to watch katanagatari

so what you're saying is if i watch katanagatari you promise to watch angel beats?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

now watch The Girl Who Leapt Through Space

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

VostokProgram posted:

so what you're saying is if i watch katanagatari you promise to watch angel beats?

I uh

I guess so yeah

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

dogsicle posted:

Done

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

The movie is a sequel to the book of the same name (rather than an adaptation) and her aunt is the protagonist of the original book.

Does the aunt ever get married?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I don't know.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

I don't know.

Do you have any anime movie recommendations?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I didn't know the answer, but I didn't need one to adore the movie. There's a live action film too, now i wonder how that relates to the book.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

littleorv posted:

island of baron omatsuri

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

littleorv posted:

watch srice's movie list

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

littleorv posted:

Millennium Actress.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

littleorv posted:

Perfect Blue

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Tokyo Godfathers

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I've seen Tokyo Godfathers and Perfect Blue already and they are indeed great films. I'll check out Millennium Actress later I suppose. However I only experience One Piece in the correct way; musou games.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

littleorv posted:

I've seen Tokyo Godfathers and Perfect Blue already and they are indeed great films. I'll check out Millennium Actress later I suppose. However I only experience One Piece in the correct way; musou games.

Island of Baron Omatsuri is completely different from any other piece of One Piece Animation, and besides the characters, isn't really anything like a typical One Piece thing. Basically it's its own thing, but with OP characters.

It's also directed by Mamoru Hosoda. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

island of baron omatsuri is an art piece about how hayao miyazaki sucks

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

one art piece

hohoho

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Baron Omatsuri is a good movie and does a good job setting up who the Strawhats are even if you don't know anything about One Piece.

Kal-L
Jan 18, 2005

Heh... Spider-man... Web searches... That's funny. I should've trademarked that one. Could've made a mint.
For movie recommendation: Have you heard of small indie flick Akira?

As for The Girl Who Leapt TT: Is it me or was the twist that future dude confessed to her because he originally was in the timeline where she got run over, went back and confessed to her, but since the girl didn't want things to change, she kept going back, so it lead to all kinds of funkyness with the timeline?

It's been a while since I last saw the movie. I guess now I know what movie I'll see with my friend who is a girl next!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Hello it's me Strange Quark posting in your thread

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'm also posting in the orv thread

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dryzen posted:

Hello it's me Strange Quark posting in your thread

This is slander.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm littleorv

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The live action movie is really weird if I remember right, it's very subdued and makes you feel like you're in some sort of trance.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Hal, a good movie about a robot helping a woman move past the loss of her boyfriend. It's really sparse on details and all the emotional payoff is backloaded, but it's also really pretty and all the backgrounds are beautifully detailed.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
One of my favorite scenes in that movie is when Makoto was attempting to test out her time jumping by leaping out the window, but then her little sister saw her and tried to stop her from killing herself. And then from that point onwards she was with Makoto the whole time before Makoto went out

It was super cute

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

One of my favorite scenes in that movie is when Makoto was attempting to test out her time jumping by leaping out the window, but then her little sister saw her and tried to stop her from killing herself. And then from that point onwards she was with Makoto the whole time before Makoto went out

It was super cute

Aw, I never noticed that.:unsmith:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

littleorv posted:

Pirate Warriors 3 is awesome, dodge chaining during combos feels so good. For movies, I recommend watching the Macross Plus OVAs and pretending they're one video.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
I remembered watching this a few years ago, it was really good and had neat storytelling, and I think it still holds up today. Then I watched Time Traveller, I didn't think it was as memorable as TGWLTT but I did feel it could stand out in its own right, although it made me confused and wonder why did the time police only show up in the live action film and not the anime for some reason. It was pretty cool that they got Riisa Naka to play the lead in both the anime and movie.

dogsicle posted:

ha ha ha you give bad advice.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting a sense that a depressing amount of people haven't watched The Tale of Princess Kaguya yet which is the best anime movie I've ever seen.

I love You Are Umasou, which is a kids movie about a t-rex who is accidentally raised among herbivores and it hosed me up emotionally lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really liked this movie, and I wish I didn't have to wade through the mountain of schoolgirl shows and movies to find other good things like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Now do what I did and watch every other Mamoru Hosoda movie.

I will support Barom Omatsuri too, it was the first of his movies I ever saw besides Our War Game in the weird English Digimon movie and it is still my favorite One Piece movie.

• Locked thread