Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
reebuffering
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
nothing beats MK2.

i'm also partial to MK4 for some wierd reason. strangely crude pixelated 3d characters give me a boner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liB_rXvnErM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reebuffering
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
mkx was meh. but the one before it was carnal pleasure

reebuffering
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe
mk 3 def the worst

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
MK9 and MKX have the best story. I loved both of them.

reebuffering
Feb 7, 2017

by Smythe

Malcolm Excellent posted:

MK9 and MKX have the best story. I loved both of them.

better than armageddon or whatever. they were just getting lazy

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MK9/2011 is the best because it's just an updated version of the first three, and the first three are the ones I played as a child so they're the ones with all the characters I know. I haven't played MKX but it looks bad.

MK9 isn't perfect though. The way it compensates for your ability by dropping the difficulty makes the difficulty pretty random (unless you're already good at it), and the story kind of falls apart in the second half - it;s really not clear, narratively speaking, why the characters we've been following thus far suddenly get relegated to the background or why we should care about the new ones. It's really fun having the story integrated somewhat with the gameplay and getting to play as a bunch of different characters throughout though.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Deadly Alliance was cool. I loved impaling people with weapons. I didn't understand why they took it out of the sequel. They didn't really replace it with anything interesting, so Vengeance was just like...it's exactly like Deadly Alliance but sans impalement and maybe different characters? Whatever, it felt the same, just less interesting.

Edit: Wait, Deception? Whatever. It sucked.

vvvvv Sucked. vvvvv

credburn fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Feb 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I bought a PS2 for Deception. It was worth it.

MKX also fuckin owns.

• Locked thread