Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Just found out they don't let you play non optimal class combos in prison? Anyone know if I have a legal leg to stand on to play more DEFis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Just found out they don't let you play non optimal class combos in prison? Anyone know if I have a legal leg to stand on to play more DEFis?
You have to play a minotaur fighter and attack the biggest @ in the yard.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You have to play a minotaur fighter and attack the biggest @ in the yard.

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

PleasingFungus posted:

trivia: the_glow (in the old entries i linked) is dis astranagant, possibly the best goon crawl player. he still posted on SA until very recently...

false, the best goon crawl player is the guy who posted the epic thread in the diary subforum where he chronicled his sexual confusion and drug addiction while doing an LP of crawl . also can anyone link that? it's in the goldmine

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

goferchan posted:

false, the best goon crawl player is the guy who posted the epic thread in the diary subforum where he chronicled his sexual confusion and drug addiction while doing an LP of crawl . also can anyone link that? it's in the goldmine

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718266

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wow

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've read that like 5 times but I forget the details so it's always fresh

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goferchan posted:

im on my phone so pretend i quoted your post history

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it is funny tro me that fyad is considered the trolling suboforum with no rules. because when I make bad posts in there they say things like "i think youd find the gbs forum more your kind of humor" or "please dont post here" and one time Maltag sent me a PM explaining to me that what I was doing was like going up to a group of friends and trying to interject in conversations without getting to know anyone which makes sense to me.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

dis astranagant posted:

This is old as gently caress but I just saw this and

Yeah I'm none of that. I last played Crawl in like 0.7 or something and have maybe 3 wins to my name. Back when DDNe turned heavy armor axe jerk was a near guaranteed 5 rune game.

i was told this by nrook and believed him, since you had a bunch of learndb entries and played wayy before my time. can't believe he would lie to me...

in any case, wb

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
That thread is amazing

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Got owned really hard. Got thrown into the abyss, barely scraped my way out, got thrown in again, didn't make it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

THANK you. i've read this 3 or 4 times i really think it's a work of art

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PleasingFungus posted:

i was told this by nrook and believed him, since you had a bunch of learndb entries and played wayy before my time. can't believe he would lie to me...

in any case, wb

Just imagine seeing a young looking thread for a thing you haven't messed with in years, popping in to see what's new and one of the developers is accusing you of being good at it out of the clear blue. My wins don't even count because they were before webtiles was a thing and I mostly used CAO for combos so bad that people thought I was startscumming.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 04:50 on May 29, 2017

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This thread is incredible, I can't believe I've never seen it before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Startscumming is absolutely the thing to do if the dungeon entrance isn't nice enough or your starting gear looks bad.

• Locked thread