Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SachielDVangel
Jun 4, 2003

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

remember the file extensionnnnnnnnn

Cool. Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Wikipedia posted:

Treeing Walker Coonhounds are loving, intelligent, confident, and enjoy interacting with humans.

Edit: and some from his salad days:

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 11, 2017

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Hahaha cute af

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

SachielDVangel posted:

Some real poo poo:

So how often is the hare hosed?

SachielDVangel
Jun 4, 2003

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

So how often is the hare hosed?

I'd guess about 20% of the time with Junior. He's a CC CM (Humbabarauma of Synergon CC CM) so a Coursing Champion and Courser of Merit with NOFCA, both titles requiring kills. He's one of the only afghans (and hounds for that matter) to have caught a hare each day at the Grand Course which is like the big season ender for open field coursing. He's one badass afghan hound. We used him for our second litter out of Soleil which gave us our Brienne, the bitch running in the first pic. She's won Best in Event at the Afghan Hound Club of America National Specialty twice now in '14 and '16 (her brother won it in '15 (yellow in the second pic)).

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Soooo if my dog dna results are true, my dog is not any hound at all. She is equal parts pit bull, Great Pyrenees, and too mixed to be able to tell (though I guess there could be hound in there). Not what I expected at all.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Soooo if my dog dna results are true, my dog is not any hound at all. She is equal parts pit bull, Great Pyrenees, and too mixed to be able to tell (though I guess there could be hound in there). Not what I expected at all.

maybe you have the alpha/proto hound with such a mix!

SachielDVangel posted:

I'd guess about 20% of the time with Junior. He's a CC CM (Humbabarauma of Synergon CC CM) so a Coursing Champion and Courser of Merit with NOFCA, both titles requiring kills. He's one of the only afghans (and hounds for that matter) to have caught a hare each day at the Grand Course which is like the big season ender for open field coursing. He's one badass afghan hound. We used him for our second litter out of Soleil which gave us our Brienne, the bitch running in the first pic. She's won Best in Event at the Afghan Hound Club of America National Specialty twice now in '14 and '16 (her brother won it in '15 (yellow in the second pic)).
I'll get a shot of my basset pulling an afghan with a squirrel someday....

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

A Proper Uppercut posted:

She's gorgeous no matter what she is!

We finally got ours done and she turned out to be a 50/50 mix of Treeing Walker and Black Lab. She had a rough day today- needed to go to the vet for an infected anal gland.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Please meet the Esteemed Character Actress Margo Martindale. "Margo" for short:

My wife and I adopted her a month or so ago. She does not listen very well but she likes us and is getting better with consistent training, which is tough because she is our first dog. We're not sure what kind of hound she is. Maybe she is mixed with a GSP or something but she has a very hound-like face and personality and hound stink.

She got her first round of the heartworm medication today, which she got on her adventures before she came to us. She is not acting herself but I suppose I wouldn't either if I had just gotten arsenic injected into my spine. I hope she feels better soon.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I know that look.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Oh, is this a hound thread?

Got anything to eat?

This is Jasper, the worst roommate ever.

He has brain problems;

And nail problems He freaks out if we try to cut his nails, the vet has to sedate him to do it and she will only do it every six months or so

He is also lazy as poo poo;

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Working as god intended.

... Well, existing as god intended anyways.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

Working as god intended.

... Well, existing as god intended anyways.

God didn't do that, some dumb loving Belgian though it would be funny to make dog siblings gently caress until bloodhounds happened.

My dog is like Charles II in both mental prowess and personal hygiene.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
thats a nice looking dogge, does he stink to high hell like other hounds too?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My hound didn't stink up until he got really nasty gum disease about 4 years ago.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
He has a mild musk about him, one of the one's we had before was stinky as hell. His issue is seeming constant ear infections, so he has some gross odors going on in that department.

I love the big dumb guy with all my heart, but they are just awful as pets.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:wrong:

Hounds are the best.*

*The best dogs. Hounds are, I mean. Hounds are the best dogs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eifert Posting posted:

:wrong:

Hounds are the best.*

*The best dogs. Hounds are, I mean. Hounds are the best dogs.

they still stink :colbert: but yes very lovey dovey, unless SQUIRREL then its BARROOOOROOOOROOOO time

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I wish B didn't eat poo; he'd have no smell then. Sometimes he smells like a river!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Jade had her first birthday last week! We tried to get some good pics but doggie cake and ice cream were too enticing to look at the camera.
(Don't worry, we didn't let her eat the candle)

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

basset hounds are able to lick their ear using the cone.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh. a bed.

ok.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Vessel From Denny
Nov 20, 2007

SachielDVangel posted:

is your dog faster than my dog?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Lookit dat crooked face. :allears:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Vessel From Denny posted:

is your dog faster than my dog?

nothing is faster than a dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Whose Mule
May 19, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This is my dog. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My dog is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

• Locked thread