Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Chingon
Oct 9, 2012
Hi guys, I have a little problem setting up my Bose Quitecomfort 35 to receive VoIP calls on my work PC using Win7. These headphones can connect to 2 devices at the same time, so it would be extremely comfortable to listen to music in my mobile and also receive VoIP calls from my work laptop.

I'm connecting the headphones as a handsfree device in win7, so Windows can "forward VoIP to handsfree". I make a test and I'm able to get the call in the headphones, and I can hear the other person calling, the problem is they can't hear me back, so it may be a problem with the microphone not transmitting.

I read that these headphones have a sort of 2 different channels, one for listening music, which is high quality (and turns the noise cancelling on), and the other that make the headphones act like a handsfree bluetooth device. This works wonders on my cellphone. I notice that the channel is changed when receiving the VoIP call, as the noise cancelling feature is disabled when this happens, but I can't make the mic to work on PC.

If I go to the windows settings, I go to Recording Devices and I can see the "Bluetooth Microphone" selected as communications device.

Any help on setting this will be greatly appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Make sure what you're using to Voip is set to use the default communications device as input, and not just the default recording device. Heck, might want to just set it to that input manually.

When you go to recording devices, is it registering any input at all on the green bar?

• Locked thread