Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nevermore214
Aug 26, 2011
I'd have to agree, not that I really have too much of a say unless I get a brigade command amongst the reinforcements.

FdE and our positions in the south are our most important defensive points. FdE is farther forward... I think if the enemy attacks in the south, they'll cross the river, but that just puts them in danger of being cut off at a later date. FdE is defensible terrain across the river we own, and we're looking pretty brittle if they come at us with their current forces and even just another brigade or two in the north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Thinking FdE is defensible or good terrain for us is not true. Forest terrain favors the attacker and we suffer even more because our mortars are out.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
I think we still have a chance of going on the offensive in this battle but we need to do a serious change of tactics and I don't have the time to explain right now but with the rbeak I will explain my thoughts later. But for short I think we can still do this.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Saros posted:

Thinking FdE is defensible or good terrain for us is not true. Forest terrain favors the attacker and we suffer even more because our mortars are out.

Yeah... But leaving the bridgehead now would basically concede the game, since we are not likely to make another breach.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
So first off the following plan is going to have to be changed depending on the results of the adjudication for this round of turns. Still it allows us to discuss a possible plan for the future.

Now something I noticed after looking back at our previous turns is that whenever we have launched our attacks it has always been by sending one brigade against the expected position of the enemy usually resulting in a one vs one fight with us coming out badly in the exchange. We need to stop doing so and use weight of numbers in our favour to break through the enemy lines and reach our objective. Thus I present the following plan for consideration;

1st) We relocated any northern surviving artillery to the trenches to their north and we spread the guns out instead of having them in one big line to hopefully not let the enemy walk an artillery barrage along the whole gun line. Once in position the guns begin firing on the BEF brigade inside the FdE.

2nd) Once the artillery begins their bombardment we move the two brigades shown with the red arrows into weapons range of the BEF brigade in the FdE, for this we time it so that both brigades move into weapons range at the same time on the same turn. This would be achieved by having the southern brigade move out first a turn before the northern brigade moves down. The plan is for both brigades to move into weapons range at the same time to split the enemy fire.

3rd) The Jaguars arriving from CC north move into FdE and if the BEF haven't been destroyed by the time they get to the western side of the forest they assist in destroying the enemy there.

4th) Once the BEF presence has been destroyed inside the FdE we plan for advancing further to the west to go for the objective and dealing with BEF forces in our way.

Obviously this will need changing depending on the outcome of the turns we are waiting for from Trin but at least we can discuss what we want to do for the future now.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I like it - we're nearing the limits of what we can do, but I maintain that seizing that north road will prove beneficial in the long run.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

This is a possibility, altough I had the impression before that the majority of commanders were more interested in going defensive and winding down the game. Better hope that second brigade down south doesn't get jumped on the move because a plan like that is predicated on having a solid base to prevent the enemy disrupting your plans. Enemy support fire will hinder our progress as well.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Any reason to keep this alive any longer? I'm gonna go check out the enemy/observer threads tomorrow.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I was hopeful we had just been breaking for Easter :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Panzer
Nov 11, 2016
Shame this died, I was ready to kill more pixelmans in trenches

• Locked thread