Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Zack looks like a puffer fish when the rangers are in the car during the credits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What's the numbers at the end? Secret passcodes?

Also thanks for showing off this game.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

get that OUT of my face posted:

Zack looks like a puffer fish when the rangers are in the car during the credits.

Spritework is hard.

Carbon dioxide posted:

What's the numbers at the end? Secret passcodes?

Also thanks for showing off this game.

They enable you to play the Megazord battles in 2-player versus.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Blaze Dragon posted:

So the game ends with entirely different gameplay than the rest of the game. That's...that's really weird. I get that the Megazord had to be in but you can't just suddenly substitute the entire gameplay for the final two bosses.

That's Power Rangers in a nutshell.

GamesAreSupernice posted:

They enable you to play the Megazord battles in 2-player versus.

Oh man, I used to play that all the time with my younger brother.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I liked the opening better when Zordon said he needed 5 overbearing and overemotional humans.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I see Billy's been practicing the Monkey Island Dance

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Wait a minute, did Rita's palace have a giant neon sign on the front...?

I didn't imagine that, right?

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.
Why does the pink ranger have a pants bulge???? :gonk:

In other news, thanks for this LP! I never played this as a kid (I was more of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles gal) but it was a fun ride.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

KieranWalker posted:

Wait a minute, did Rita's palace have a giant neon sign on the front...?

I didn't imagine that, right?

No you didn't, and it's show-accurate. It says "Bandora Palace" (Bandora is the name of Rita's Japanese counterpart).

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The round thing on top also spun around. The palace was way more animated than in the game.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Holy poo poo, that Zack sprite is...troubling.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

SonicRulez posted:

Holy poo poo, that Zack sprite is...troubling.

I was trying not to comment on it.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

whitehelm posted:

No you didn't, and it's show-accurate. It says "Bandora Palace" (Bandora is the name of Rita's Japanese counterpart).
I remember always wondering what the sign said when I was watching MMPR as a kid, getting frustrated because I never got a good enough look at it. Now that I'm watching the show on Netflix (and have seen a couple of episodes of Zyuranger) I'm noticing they tried to obscure the sign via editing, so it's blurred in some episodes and even when it's not they cut away so fast you can't read it. Clearly something they did to avoid confusing kids who didn't know what a Bandora was, but had they actually called Rita's lair "Bandora Palace" on MMPR we probably wouldn't have minded (it still sounds suitably evil without the context).

edit: this game is not accurate to the source material at all, Power Rangers fights are supposed to take place in a park or quarry somewhere in Japan

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Forget the unfortunate racism, why is he dancing on a smiling pentragram at the end?!

• Locked thread