Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birds
Jun 28, 2008

My parent's house recently experienced a blackout and when power was restored, have found that their iDevices cannot connect to their wifi network anymore. They have a Windows laptop that is connecting fine, but things like my dad's iPad and iPhone just cannot connect despite the wifi network showing up in the menu. They've reset the router and when that didn't work I recommended resetting the affected device's network settings but to no avail.

I actually experience this sometimes myself at my apartment where randomly the wifi will stop working on my phone but my MacBook Air can still connect. It usually fixes itself in a couple hours but my parents have been affected by this for a couple of days now.

All devices are updated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
What's the wireless access point? Linksys, Netgear, etc?

When you say they can't connect, do they get an error message at all or does it just spin trying to connect? Does the router have any logs you could look through for information about the connection attempts?

My first thought would be to check the configuration settings for the modem and the router; if everything looks good with respect to DHCP / NAT on the router, try unplugging the modem and router for 5 minutes; if still no good, you can try updating the firmware on the router.

Mo_Steel fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 12, 2017

• Locked thread