Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
edit: Forgot a thread tag, can a mod edit that?

Some of you may have heard about this already. From what I understand, it was introduced (or at least first discovered) some time around 2014 and was a weird regex crossword puzzle of sorts. I can't find many articles about it beyond 2014, so I guess the excitement wore off.

But it is still alive, albeit in a different form. How do I know? I got the random invite last week while googling stuff on PolymerJS. Here's a screenshot for proof, fwiw:

(yes that code was wrong, don't judge me, I fixed it)

The way it was structured was that it gives you a basic narrative about being a minion infiltrating the evil Captain Lambda's organization, and you have to do a bunch of code challenges to continue up the ranks. You could do each challenge in either python or java, and you could test your code on a set of public tests, though the nature of each test was hidden. There were 5 levels, although level 2 consisted of 2 challenges, and I assume the rest had more than one challenge each as well. I don't know about the rest of the stages because... well, I'm locked out, and I don't know why. I did 3 challenges well before their individual time limits. But when I went to submit the fourth, I couldn't. When I refreshed the page, I was locked out even though I had more than 2 days left on that challenge. My assumption is that there was a 1 week time limit overall that I wasn't aware of. I have no idea.

But anyway, I'm not here to lament my loss. I was curious if any other goons have encountered it, or know someone who has. I'm curious to know what the hell it was. Were people really given a interview if they finished all the challenges? If you did do it, was your challenge structured the same way as mine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
whats happening

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought it was just a game https://foobar.withgoogle.com/

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
No its an actual coding thing, despite the silly storyline.

let i hug
Dec 25, 2011

Finish through level 3 and you'll get an option to send your info to recruiters, and you can optionally keep going. Level 4 is suddenly spirit crushingly hard though.

I did it and my info did indeed go to real recruiters and I was contacted by them to set up a real round of interviews. You actually get to skip one of the rounds of screening (which is basically just a tech challenge in the same vein).

• Locked thread