Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
As long as they steal Mawuh and Ronch it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Digimon Rum Power is my new techno-ska band.

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013
I'm disappointed that the neural network learned how to name pokemon so fast because now I want a whole pokedex generated by it :allears:

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Now watch this edit show up in the next update of Uranium with no credit whatsoever.

If it means Theo gets a parasite attached to him, I am perfectly fine with this.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Echo Cian posted:

Then I had to move his eye in and up, and then fix the shape of his head, which still doesn't look right but then I would have to change his hairstyle and I'm drawing the line on this joke there.

Looked like fun so I joined in.

The nose looked weird because it was basically a straight line from inner eyebrow to nose tip. I gave him a suggestion of a nose bridge and evened out his eyes. It's not perfect but ten minutes of idle curiosity is all I have to give.

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Looked like fun so I joined in.

The nose looked weird because it was basically a straight line from inner eyebrow to nose tip. I gave him a suggestion of a nose bridge and evened out his eyes. It's not perfect but ten minutes of idle curiosity is all I have to give.

Nice, the nose bugged me too but I had to stop somewhere.

But I didn't stop soon enough.

...At least it doesn't have buttwings?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Echo Cian posted:

Nice, the nose bugged me too but I had to stop somewhere.

But I didn't stop soon enough.

...At least it doesn't have buttwings?

This makes it look more like a Minum than a Plusle. Is it worth changing that for a more restrained palette?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

If this keeps going we're going to end up crowd-developing a fixed version of Uranium by accident.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Goon projects only succeed when they're started by accident.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Haifisch posted:

Goon projects only succeed when they're started by accident.

Or the worst things ever.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

iospace posted:

Or the worst things ever.

swap.avi is SAs greatest legacy

Echo Cian
Jun 16, 2011

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This makes it look more like a Minum than a Plusle. Is it worth changing that for a more restrained palette?

You're right, I should respect the original intent.

Fearless_Decoy
Sep 27, 2001

You shall all soon witness the power of my Tragic 8-Ball!

Echo Cian posted:

Something tells me that bi-polar pokemon would fit right in.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Echo Cian posted:

Should the Minun one have flame wings and tail, so its crossed with Moltres instead of a red Articuno?

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

MissileWaster posted:

Should the Minun one have flame wings and tail, so its crossed with Moltres instead of a red Articuno?

I was gonna say that it could be Articuno's shiny colors, but sadly that's just a lighter shade of blue.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Man, Plusle and Minun have awful shiny versions. Shiny Plusle is almost indisingushable from regular Plusle. I was thinking maybe they would swap colors or something, but no. Instead of being blue and red, they are slightly different blue and also red.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Echo Cian posted:

Shrinking his forehead didn't help.

That's wonderful. The expression seems much more human and relatable than his vanilla one, too, which is impressive considering it now involves a forehead snake. :allears:

edit: it probably helps that the dumb sideways Sonic grin is gone

Aithon fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 24, 2017

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Ariong posted:

Man, Plusle and Minun have awful shiny versions. Shiny Plusle is almost indisingushable from regular Plusle. I was thinking maybe they would swap colors or something, but no. Instead of being blue and red, they are slightly different blue and also red.

Shiny Minun is Green, I thought Shiny Plusle was pink or orange but no it's just darker red.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
There's quite a few shiny pokemon where it's just a very slightly darker/lighter shade of their original.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
My shiny Mightyena (who prefers to go by Izza) shines brighter than the sun

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

MR. J posted:

There's quite a few shiny pokemon where it's just a very slightly darker/lighter shade of their original.

Guess which one's the shiny.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

MR. J posted:

i remember reading once that they did shinys by just upshifting the pallete of the pokemon, no clue how true that is but would explain why some of them are basically the same but darker and others are drastically different

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

i remember reading once that they did shinys by just upshifting the pallete of the pokemon, no clue how true that is but would explain why some of them are basically the same but darker and others are drastically different

That's how it worked in Gen II, yeah. They just used an alternate palette. Later gens are more deliberate. Furret is a great example: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Furret_(Pok%C3%A9mon)#Sprites

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Solumin posted:

Good job, he's recognizably a human teenager now. Nice hair edit, too!

Although, he is supposed to be like 10

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Raserys posted:

Welp.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Raserys posted:

Look, he clearly spent a few days training his Pokemon in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. Also known as a stasis pod.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's how the uranium devs believe radiation poisoning works

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So Theo is going to rapidly age and die before he hits 30?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

no his head is going to inflate like a balloon and eventually he'll float off into space if he's not tied down

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So THAT'S where Drifloons come from.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
In the Pokémon universe, puberty is just evolution between life stages, it's like the sims

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Theo is secretly from the Ransei region and thus has the ability to evolve as a Warrior along with his Pokemon :v:

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Mycroft Holmes posted:

swap.avi is SAs greatest legacy

You imply that it was an accident; from what I understand, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Also, :catstare:
---

On a thread related note, Top Boy stalling the final boss is tied with the existence of MEGAWEAPON for favorite thing.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
He's got Jack disease

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bogart posted:

He's got Jack disease

Ripper Mode?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
That'd be way better.

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

KataraniSword posted:

"Volume Warning" was not enough of a warning, holy poo poo. :catstare: I think that's the first time in at least two years a video game has gone full-blown Screamer Flash at me.

Aside from that, it's actually not bad.

Ok, it isn't GOOD, per se, but if you go into a game called Edge Rising and get shocked by it being completely edgy and over-the-top in that edge, you goofed somewhere. I actually played through the thing, and while the end section is a bit of an odd thing, I would wholeheartedly recommend it over Uranium any day of the week. If nothing else, Edge Rising takes like, maybe 6 or 7 hours to beat, so if it sucks it sucks for far less time than Uranium does.

I mean, both are edgy as heck, but Edge Rising doesn't really at any point pretend it's serious when it does so, and I can respect that it owns that. (Also you can get a cool tanky pasta snake pal that does Stockpile/Spit Up/Swallow shenanigans and how can you hate that?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I finally read through this whole thing and it sure was a ride. Thanks for taking us through it so we didn't have to play it ourselves!

With all its numerous faults, Uranium was still a completed fan game and I think that's an accomplishment in itself. Plus, it let someone actually make their Fakemon which I think is something everyone has wanted to do at some point in their Pokemon careers. (I'm still waiting on my Duskull evolution branch that actually looks like a grim reaper instead of a cyclops mummy pot, personally.) So to go out there and make something passable, even competent at times, is pretty admirable. It just really, really needed an editor and a strong coat of polish. Honestly, all Uranium makes me want to do is try out Pokemon Sage instead. It looks way better and way closer to the authentic product.

• Locked thread