Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitScreenGamer
Feb 16, 2017

Bringing back the fun of local multiplayer gaming!

THE SHOW

We wanted to combine fun, local multiplayer gaming with the variety of a reality show format. We mix our let's plays with commentary interview cut-aways to expand the story of each player. This allows for drama and comedy to create some of the most entertaining let's plays we've ever done. We are using shows like Geek & Sundry's "TableTop" as inspiration for "The Split Screen". Our day job is video production and we're bringing this experience to our show and our channel to not only entertain but also deliver a show with high production quality.

THE GAMES

We are exploring a wide library of 4 player local competitive games across any and all platforms both current and retro. We will be featuring games that are very popular and games you may have never heard of.

THE FUTURE

We will be releasing new episodes of "The Split Screen" every 1st and 3rd Monday of the month. Our goal is to grow, improve and entertain. We appreciate (AND NEED!) any and all feedback you give to help us make the best show possible.

SEASON 1

TIP

Watch later episodes first. We're continuing to improve the format as we learn from each video. Thanks for watching!

YouTube.com/NextWaveDV - Filmmaking Training
YouTube.com/SplitScreenGamer - Local Multiplayer Gaming
Over 75K Subscribers

SplitScreenGamer fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Pass, Pass, Would, Pass

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
e: I'll get back to this.

SplitScreenGamer
Feb 16, 2017

Mega64 posted:

Thanks for the spam...?

Why is it spam? This is our let's play show. I've enjoyed discovering people's let's plays on this forum and we're hoping to share our hard work with the community.

I spent an hour creating this post to match the format of this forum. I'm trying to follow forum rules. Please let me know if there's anything I'm doing to go against the rules of the forum.

Thanks!

SplitScreenGamer fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 18, 2017

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
That was rude of me, sorry about that. I got the vibe that you were one of many LP groups who stopped by, dumped your channel, and went on without a second thought.

Watched a few minutes and it actually looks good. Quite different from the standards on this forum, but honestly you guys seem to pull it off well enough. People might give you poo poo since we don't like people who reg just to promote their channel, but this looks good enough and you've been posting enough that I'm happy giving this a chance and seeing if it gets an audience here. Hopefully things turn out well for you guys!

SplitScreenGamer
Feb 16, 2017

Mega64 posted:

That was rude of me, sorry about that. I got the vibe that you were one of many LP groups who stopped by, dumped your channel, and went on without a second thought.

Watched a few minutes and it actually looks good. Quite different from the standards on this forum, but honestly you guys seem to pull it off well enough. People might give you poo poo since we don't like people who reg just to promote their channel, but this looks good enough and you've been posting enough that I'm happy giving this a chance and seeing if it gets an audience here. Hopefully things turn out well for you guys!

Very kind of you. Thanks! I'm hoping people will enjoy this experiment. It's a ton of work (takes us about 20-30 hours to shoot and edit each episode) but our goal is to entertain and have fun.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It's clear you put a lot of work in this, so kudos for that.

I see what you're trying to do with the format, but it doesn't really work for me. The thing where every few seconds you put in a cut of a 'personal response' by one of the players, kinda feels like a Discovery Channel documentary... but it distracts from the gameplay so much that I become unable to follow anything that's going on anymore.

But maybe it works for others, I don't know.

SplitScreenGamer
Feb 16, 2017

Carbon dioxide posted:

It's clear you put a lot of work in this, so kudos for that.

I see what you're trying to do with the format, but it doesn't really work for me. The thing where every few seconds you put in a cut of a 'personal response' by one of the players, kinda feels like a Discovery Channel documentary... but it distracts from the gameplay so much that I become unable to follow anything that's going on anymore.

But maybe it works for others, I don't know.

Thanks for the feedback. We had a few people say the same thing during the first episode. Going forward, we are trying to favor the gameplay and do the commentary mostly during breaks. Since this is a new format, we are learning as we go and we appreciate all the feedback you guys give us. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitScreenGamer
Feb 16, 2017

Just wanted to share that Episode 3 is up! This time we duke it out with our long, pointy...tusks in Starwhal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HTxwHyeoBY

• Locked thread