Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

You can make a pretty good argument he's the 4th best WR in that draft. I think you could probably find a lot of drafts where he would have been the best WR though (assuming last year wasn't indicative of him falling off already).

That was such a crazy good WR draft.

e: Eh, maybe not best receiver in other drafts after looking him up, I thought he had two awesome years instead of just the one. Still I'd be pumped about him going forward if I were a Jags fan, we should let him be happy.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Robinson is great but he's not arguably the best. He's had a single good season. The argument is between OBJ and Evans for first place and everyone else is fighting for third.

gently caress this draft was insane for WRs
OBJ
Evans
Landry
Watkins
Benjamin
Cooks
Robinson

I think Evans might end up the biggest name from this draft to be honest. OBJ is insane and is the best so far but Eli won't be around for much longer and he'll likely drop in production when we wallow in the QB desert once again, whist Evans has a probable franchise QB to grow with.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 2, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Also a draft in which you find all 3 starting WRs, a good guard, and a very good linebacker has to be graded higher than a C-, even though the top pick is a bit of a disappointment

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010

SHOAH NUFF posted:

how can you say that in the draft that had Evans, OBJ, Landry

Because I need something to help me sleep at night...

I rated C- as a whole because wasting a top 5 pick is Real Bad.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Robinson is great but he's not arguably the best. He's had a single good season. The argument is between OBJ and Evans for first place and everyone else is fighting for third.

gently caress this draft was insane for WRs
OBJ
Evans
Landry
Watkins
Benjamin
Cooks
Robinson

I think Evans might end up the biggest name from this draft to be honest. OBJ is insane and is the best so far but Eli won't be around for much longer and he'll likely drop in production when we wallow in the QB desert once again, whist Evans has a probable franchise QB to grow with.

Get that fat gently caress out of here.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

FizFashizzle posted:

Get that fat gently caress out of here.

Was he really that bad this past season? What happened?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Febreeze posted:

He fat

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Febreeze posted:

He was supposed to come back healthy and be the missing piece that made that offense go.

Instead all their tackles died and he seemed.... good, but not amazing. Granted I didn't exactly watch many Panthers games, so maybe he's way worse then his 54% catch rate for 950 yards and 7 TD's seems.

You know, he's pretty close to what Alshon Jeffery did last year actually

Benjamin: 117 passes, 54% catch rate, 950 yards, 7 TD's
Alshon: 94 passes, 55% catch rate, 810 yards, 2 TD's.

oh wait, this one's funnier:

Mike Wallace: 115 passes, 63% catch rate, 1015 yards, 4 TD's.

Or poor DeAndre Hopkins, showing just how badly QB's affect receiver stats:

Hopkins: 152 passes, 51% catch rate, 954 yards, 4 TD's

.... and the most Rams line possible

Tavon Austin: 106 passes, 59% catch rate, 509 yards, 3 TD's.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kalli posted:

.... and the most Rams line possible

Tavon Austin: 106 passes, 59% catch rate, 509 yards, 3 TD's.

Austin basically has infinite speed, and yet has the yards per reception of an above-average fullback. Talk about wasted talent.

e: It's like half of what Chris "Literally just a random Caucasian" Hogan got.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
When you add his utility ability I put Jarvis #3.

Evans
OBJ
Landry
Cooks
Allen

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

TSBX posted:

Round 1 (#4): Blake Bortles - QB - UCF

Coming off the heels of the Chad Henne experience, it was hoped that Blake would evolve into the franchise QB this team has lacked since Brunell really. As of yet that has not happened.

D+ (B if he can fix his poo poo)

Bortles was #3 overall, not #4.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Right? Clearly it's Mike Evans.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Washington Redskins

Round 1 (#2): Sadness

F due to opportunity cost.

Round 2 (#47): Trent Murphy - LB - Stanford
A consistent starter who's received high marks from PFF, Trent Murphy is a young but integral part to a Redskins defensive front that desperately needs all the talent it can get. A grade.

Round 3 (#66): Morgan Moses - OT - Virginia
After going on IR in 2014 Moses won the right tackle job over 2015 first round pick Brandon Scherff. He's been a consistent and reliable starter and an integral part of the line. A grade.

Round 3 (#78): Spencer Long - G - Nebraska
A consistent starter sine 2015, Long has transitioned between Guard and Center as required. Having received high grades he's become a major part of one of the better lines in the NFL. A grade.

Round 4 (#102): Bashaud Breeland - CB - Clemson
Three year starter in a desperately depleted secondary who has shown plenty of flashes and is a great deal as a fourth round pick. While not an absolute stud, a starter is a starter and he gets a B grade.

Round 5 (#142): Ryan Grant - WR - Tulane
Still active on the roster but after three years has yet to show anything of worth and may not survive training camp. May possibly see more action with Garcon and Jackson possibly out on FA, but unlikely to be anything notable. D grade.

Round 6 (#186): Lache Seastrunk - RB - Baylor
Didn't make it out of training camp. F.

Round 7 (#217): Ted Bolser - TE - Indiana
Didn't make it out of training camp. F grade.

Round 7 (#228): Zach Hocker - K - Arkansas
Didn't make it out of training camp. Yet another F.

I'll give this year a solid B since all of our early picks are starters who are doing well.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Round 1 (#2): Sadness

Are you doing a Redskins one or a Rams one

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

The Texans were fairly boring too aside from Wilfork's custom overalls and CJIII's socks. I guess the whole "is there water in space" thing was endearing

I believe you'll find the exact quote is "Is there water on space?"

e:

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 3, 2017

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Big Jesus posted:

Same and also Landry Jones

gently caress Landry Jones. My team is probably going to give that clown a 2nd contract and the thought of it is making me feel queasy

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I can't imagine why they would, he hasn't really played well in any of his relief work has he? Might as well throw away a 5th rounder on somebody this year and let him walk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thrilla in vanilla posted:

I can't imagine why they would, he hasn't really played well in any of his relief work has he? Might as well throw away a 5th rounder on somebody this year and let him walk

he has the look

• Locked thread