Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

nielsm posted:

It seems so ridiculous that when you find whatever magic anvil, the blacksmith can only use it for you once and then never again. It's not like the anvil should break or lose its powers is it? Just let me craft a new drat weapon when I want to, take payment for it or whatever, but don't just stash that magic anvil and forget all about it.

I actually cut the audio out, but I mentioned something kind of similar during the Anvil of Fury briefing. I was kind of a dumb kid, and swore up one side and down the other that Griswold's selection got better after rescuing the Anvil. Probably just confirmation bias from his stock naturally improving by getting farther in the game.

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Did you ever get Telekinesis? I remember that being pretty good for a few things like barrels, collecting loot piles, and earlier in the dungeon opening doors from longer distances and shooting at them.

I'm sure I have it, as Rogue's spell library is pretty impressive. I just don't have it hotkeyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Direct Link

Zeratanis returns for even more Diablo action. This was the third video we recorded in the session, so at this point we'd devolved into discussing Don Bluth, the Titanic, and Stephen King.

ps An American Tail and An American Tail: Fievel Goes West are on Netflix. So, y'know, it's like your duty to go watch those.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

one of the things that sucks about An American Tail is that the only version you can see now is a "remade" one that adds a lot of extra sound effects that were kind of inappropriate. That and when Fievel is in Orphan Alley they redubbed the voices of the kids and...they do not sound like kids anymore and it takes away some of the gravity of the scene.

I am also one of those people who saw sequels first as a kid, I saw The Rescuers Down Under first, Fievel Goes West, T2, poo poo Undiscovered Country was the first Star Trek movie I ever saw

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I didn't even realise there was a Retro store. They need to advertise that better if so. I wouldn't have even hesitated to throw down $10 on it. Ah well. got it on CD now.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Aces High posted:

one of the things that sucks about An American Tail is that the only version you can see now is a "remade" one that adds a lot of extra sound effects that were kind of inappropriate. That and when Fievel is in Orphan Alley they redubbed the voices of the kids and...they do not sound like kids anymore and it takes away some of the gravity of the scene.

I am also one of those people who saw sequels first as a kid, I saw The Rescuers Down Under first, Fievel Goes West, T2, poo poo Undiscovered Country was the first Star Trek movie I ever saw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCgWnA2cprg

The VHS version is indeed a lot better. And, yeah, same. I didn't mention it in the video, but I'm kind of the same way. Saw Aliens long before I saw Alien. T2 before The Terminator, Star Wars 4, 5, 6 before 1, 2, 3... :v:

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Return of the Jedi was the first movie I ever saw in the theater. I saw Star Trek II years before I saw the first one; I didn't miss out on much. Still haven't seen Fievel Goes West.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'd say "you're missing out" by not seeing Fievel Goes West but honestly that depends a lot more on how you feel about An American Tail in the first place. It's more of the same except with the historical backdrop of going and homesteading in the "wild west". The music is still pretty great though since James Horner did the soundtrack again, and I believe it features Jimmy Stewart in the last acting gig he ever did

• Locked thread