Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

extremely steampunk posted:

Why does that trailer have so many downvotes, are people mad it's a standalone game?

Lots of people are angry that it isn't another historical game I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
From what I can tell people are angry about having to pay $60 for several new armies, new campaigns, a new continent, new skirmishes etc instead of paying $20 for each new army or w/e because the PC gaming community is 99% uptight brats

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Looks like you're right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

I love Dark Elves in all fantasy worlds that have them so I'm pumped as hell.

I will buy this for a high price

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

From what I can tell people are angry about having to pay $60 for several new armies, new campaigns, a new continent, new skirmishes etc instead of paying $20 for each new army or w/e because the PC gaming community is 99% uptight brats

That said this is absolutely a way to charge $60 for what was probably originally a $20-$40 stand alone expansion like FotS

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Average Bear posted:

That said this is absolutely a way to charge $60 for what was probably originally a $20-$40 stand alone expansion like FotS

preach

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I'm still gonna be hype as gently caress for Total Warhammas Two and can't wait for the rat hordes to melt by poor PC

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Lots of people are angry that it isn't another historical game I guess

people are constantly so angry about anything to do with TW that you can change 'pontus' for 'skaven' or 'lizards' or pretty much anything else and it has been said earnestly at some point on the official forums.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bought this by accident because I signed up for a humble monthly for xcom 2 and didn't realize it was recurring, still haven't played it but I kinda hope I have time soon

Korthal posted:

Yeah, I just watched the trailer and saw one.

I'm pumped now.

Lmao are those some dudes carrying around a dead Knight and his horse for some kind of battle purpose?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

Bought this by accident because I signed up for a humble monthly for xcom 2 and didn't realize it was recurring, still haven't played it but I kinda hope I have time soon

Lmao are those some dudes carrying around a dead Knight and his horse for some kind of battle purpose?

That is exactly what they are

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ristolaz posted:

That is exactly what they are

That's cool as hell

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Tender Bender posted:

That's cool as hell

This game kicks rear end and has a lot of cool stuff. I like getting armies of monsters and tossing infantry around like babies do with cheerios

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I love the giant bat monster the vampires have. I always just charge him straight into the middle of the enemy army as soon as the battle begins and he just takes on the whole army single-handed while I get the rest of my units ready. I keep thinking they're going to need him and they never do lol

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tender Bender posted:

That's cool as hell

it pumps up all the dudes around them to fight harder and longer

this is a serious problem with the faction that's on the screen because their front line infantry is the hugest pile of poo poo ever

I love the giant bat monster the vampires have. I always just charge him straight into the middle of the enemy army as soon as the battle begins and he just takes on the whole army single-handed while I get the rest of my units ready. I keep thinking they're going to need him and they never do lol
they look so happy charging into a battle too, still half expect :glomp: instead of :black101:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Looks like you're right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXxe897bW-A

I love Dark Elves in all fantasy worlds that have them so I'm pumped as hell.

Skaven have all the coolest poo poo, can't wait to get this

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Enjoying this a lot, as my first total war game. I'm not a fan of the expensve dlc on top of a full price game but the battles are fun and remind me of playing the tabletop w/ friends after school in 5th grade

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

This is on sale again and #2 is coming out and there's gonna be another race released for #1 before then (which you get for free if you preorder 2)

I'm fairly, fairly loving hyped

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ca apparently have this framed in their office

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

This is on sale again and #2 is coming out and there's gonna be another race released for #1 before then (which you get for free if you preorder 2)

I'm fairly, fairly loving hyped

What's the race?

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Korthal posted:

What's the race?

Hasn't been revealed yet but people are speculating it's playable Norsca. Tilea/Dogs of War also fits the description.

They werent originally planning on adding more races to TW:W1 but said that TW:W2 development gave them a "unique opportunity" to do it so I assume it's a race that will appear in the new world and both of those make sense

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Have they said more about how the grand campaign works? I remember hearing that it basically has less factions+zones, to the point where there's about as many of them as there are in a standard TW:W2 game, which kind of sucks but maybe it makes sense from a hardware standpoint.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Have they said more about how the grand campaign works? I remember hearing that it basically has less factions+zones, to the point where there's about as many of them as there are in a standard TW:W2 game, which kind of sucks but maybe it makes sense from a hardware standpoint.

afaik theyre still not talking about it but its in the game and stuff

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They just made a blog post about it today: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

Basically it's a brand new map that includes both maps, just with continents slightly moved to make it all fit right

Currently the original map has 66 factions over 142 settlements, the combined one will have 117 factions and 295 settlements

It'll also have TW:W2 mechanics, like factions can settle anywhere and dragons get breath attacks

Also Norsca won't be in at launch, but will get patched in later

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

They just made a blog post about it today: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires

Basically it's a brand new map that includes both maps, just with continents slightly moved to make it all fit right

Currently the original map has 66 factions over 142 settlements, the combined one will have 117 factions and 295 settlements

It'll also have TW:W2 mechanics, like factions can settle anywhere and dragons get breath attacks

Also Norsca won't be in at launch, but will get patched in later

Awesome

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Total War: Warhammer 2 came out, and it's a lot of fun

I'm playing the campaign as the lizardmen, aztec dinosaur people

and we're fighting the skaven, the ratmen from vermintide

So we brought dinosaurs with ballistas on them

Unlike normal artillery, they actually get better when the enemies get close

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

That looks awesome. I got the game but I only get 10-15 fps ;_________;

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Didn't they use one of the original games on some show on the history channel waaaay back or am I thinking of something else

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Didn't they use one of the original games on some show on the history channel waaaay back or am I thinking of something else

I just remembered this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cax2vIb22nc

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
This game snuck by me. It would probably take a year to download it on this Wi-Fi, so I have to wait until I move into my apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

oh... my god. by Sotek i cannot wait to play this

• Locked thread