Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Moms Penis
Feb 21, 2017

by zen death robot
topics? I would do it myself but I don't really consider myself an expert.

• food justice
  • the US prison system
    [8]urban planning, gentrification, and systemic racism and their connections
  • identity politics
Thanks!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

can we get a freakin trump thread in here people?? cmon

My Moms Penis
Feb 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Karl Barks posted:

can we get a freakin trump thread in here people?? cmon

There is actually already one I think.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

i dont know poo poo about any of those or anything so ill just make the wiki

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

My Moms Penis posted:

topics? I would do it myself but I don't really consider myself an expert.

• food justice
  • the US prison system
  • urban planning, gentrification, and systemic racism and their connections
  • identity politics
Thanks!

No. Also, D&D might have a thread about the Prison system maybe. Probably one for Identity politics too.

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
honestly those all sound boring. do one about revolution and war and stringing up the fash. lets talk about WWII and operation gladio and poo poo

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

My Moms Penis posted:

food justice

Glad I looked this one up, because my first thought was that this was related to that horrible Washington Post article about "food racism" and was about to get mad all over again.

For those that are interested: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/04/22/the-great-ethnic-food-lie/?utm_term=.d74f24ddbc6d

The tl;dr version: "If you want cheap ethnic cuisine, you're a loving racist."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
sup powerball

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

here's some food justice for you: throw all the fascists and rich people on a grill and then eat them

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
No one cares if you're well informed enough, make the thread or don't

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

the solution to the housing crisis is relaxation of zoning regulations, op

My Moms Penis
Feb 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Sole.Sushi posted:

Glad I looked this one up, because my first thought was that this was related to that horrible Washington Post article about "food racism" and was about to get mad all over again.

For those that are interested: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/04/22/the-great-ethnic-food-lie/?utm_term=.d74f24ddbc6d

The tl;dr version: "If you want cheap ethnic cuisine, you're a loving racist."

I was thinking more along the lines of this: http://justfood.org/advocacy/what-is-food-justice

quote:

Food Justice is communities exercising their right to grow, sell, and eat healthy food. Healthy food is fresh, nutritious, affordable, culturally-appropriate, and grown locally with care for the well-being of the land, workers, and animals. People practicing food justice leads to a strong local food system, self-reliant communities, and a healthy environment.

Food deserts are almost predominantly in poor communities of PoC rather than white people, for example.

rudatron posted:

No one cares if you're well informed enough, make the thread or don't

I can't just post a thread that says hey I would like to talk about this but don't know a lot about it.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

don't ask CSPAM to do your homework for you

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

My Moms Penis posted:

I can't just post a thread that says hey I would like to talk about this but don't know a lot about it.
yes you can

like literally, you can do that here

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
have you tried reddit op?

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Judging by your two-day-old reg date, you may not know this, but you can make a "tell me about X" thread pretty much anywhere that will not only inform you of the topics you wish to know more about, you'll get a myriad of viewpoints that often shed light even upon well-trod subject matter, and you'll also spark debates and discussions on the subject if it's complex enough.

Generally the rule on Something Awful has always been a "lurk for a while before posting anywhere for any reason" kind of deal, but honestly if your thread subject and the subsequent content is good enough, you really don't need to worry about that ever.

rudatron posted:

yes you can

like literally, you can do that here

Yeah, this guy gets it.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
the hell is food justice? I am not familiar with this.

My Moms Penis
Feb 21, 2017

by zen death robot

Grognan posted:

It's just a phrase to describe inequities in food production and distribution. These inequities unsurprisingly track class and race inequities. I guess I will post a thread later since I don't know a ton about it but people seem interested.

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

can we just get rid of threads? like all of them

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

My Moms Penis posted:

It's just a phrase to describe inequities in food production and distribution. These inequities unsurprisingly track class and race inequities. I guess I will post a thread later since I don't know a ton about it but people seem interested.

sorry I'm still just picturing Veggie Tales in a court room

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Grognan posted:

Here's a good resource on the subject.

• Locked thread