Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Larryb posted:

I hope Twigs will be just as entertaining as Mae was (also, do we know if they’re a boy or a girl yet?)

The PlayStation blog post you linked to earlier refers to Twigs as "he"

Very excited for this. Night in the Woods was a phenomenal experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

The PlayStation blog post you linked to earlier refers to Twigs as "he"

Very excited for this. Night in the Woods was a phenomenal experience.

Ah, I just checked and didn’t see a specific gender mentioned but I could have overlooked something. Thanks

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if they decided to tie this back into Night in the Woods somehow but either way I’m really looking forward to this and hope we get a release date soon (as I said, it probably can’t be that far in the future if it’s also getting a PS4 version)

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I have a feeling Night In The Woods is somewhat stained mentally for them with the thing what happened and this is going to be thematically relevant but not actually connected at all.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Well the game’s set in 1919 so unless it specifically says otherwise there’s no indication at the moment that it CAN’T take place in the same universe either. Either way I’ll be curious to see where the story ultimately goes

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

I hope Twigs will be just as entertaining as Mae was (also, do we know if they’re a boy or a girl yet?)
what if they were just "cat"

(i'm looking forward to getting to know twigs)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Regardless of whether it turns out to be a direct prequel or merely a spiritual successor I’m just happy to finally be getting a new NitW esque game again (I was kind of worried about its future after the whole Alec debacle and the planned side story mentioned a while back getting cancelled)

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 25, 2023

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Hooray!

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:smith:

https://twitter.com/theglorysociety/status/1721935584006979771

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Jeez, just feels like there's never any good news in the games industry anymore. I'm sure the individuals will go on to do other cool stuff of course but even just that small trailer which was mainly just a tone piece looked like it was extremely my jam and I'm bummed that's probably never gonna manifest into anything now.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1721936535434518951

Some more context as well. Hope they can make a good recovery, and am glad they're able to actually take time off for this.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Aw man, that's a bummer. I was really looking forward to that game. Very much hoping that person can recover from this and get better.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Damnit, I was looking forward to this too. Hopefully they make a quick recovery and these guys can get another project off the ground someday though

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

drat this is pretty crushing. I love NITW and it meant a ton to me. I was really looking forward to this.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Kazy posted:

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1721936535434518951

Some more context as well. Hope they can make a good recovery, and am glad they're able to actually take time off for this.

Yeah I know he talked vaguely about severe health problems finishing the last game as well. It's interesting he says it's probably viral in origin, I don't think I've heard that outside of COVID

Larryb posted:

Damnit, I was looking forward to this too. Hopefully they make a quick recovery and these guys can get another project off the ground someday though

I assume (especially based on his explanation) that the "two key members" leaving were Benson and his wife, not multiple sick people. I guess it's fair, if that is referring to some other team member, that they might not want to out themselves as such, though.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Fuschia tude posted:

Yeah I know he talked vaguely about severe health problems finishing the last game as well. It's interesting he says it's probably viral in origin, I don't think I've heard that outside of COVID

I assume (especially based on his explanation) that the "two key members" leaving were Benson and his wife, not multiple sick people. I guess it's fair, if that is referring to some other team member, that they might not want to out themselves as such, though.

There was an artist that left the team not that long ago. So it might be in reference to that person. But yeah they've unfortunately had a lot of issues so hopefully things go better for them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fuschia tude posted:

there's a few other viruses or groups of viruses that can cause severe permanent damage to the heart, or even target it directly (unlike covid, which is mostly targeting the lungs)

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Man, this sucks! I was just rambling on about this game and it's themes to my buddies this weekend.

I was so excited to just the art style again.

I hope all involved get better though.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What a pisser. While I would have wanted the game, I obviously want the health of the creators first and foremost.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

on the bright side, scott has normal arteries

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1721947086629875958

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
great. can’t go wrong with normal arteries

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Jesus christ gently caress the game (even tho I would've loved it obv), I just hope they are all OK and healthy...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

repiv posted:

on the bright side, scott has normal arteries

https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1721947086629875958

MY ARTERIES ARE OK
MY ARTERIES ARE OK
MY ARTERIES ARE OK
MY ARTERIES ARE OK