Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna play a lot more of this today :) the DLC added an infinite port-to-town stone and im gonna pick that up lol. was getting a little tired of fighting the same band of goblins outside town over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
I'm pretty sure Dark Arisen is also responsible for putting lots of portcrystals around the world that you can grab and put wherever you want. My pro tip teleport locations are the Shadow Fort, Bloodwater Beach, and the little cliff that you end up on when leaving the Witchwood by Selene's house.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

fought a golem and why did they put one of its weakpoints under its foot :/

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i hate golems

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Crimson Harvest posted:

I'm pretty sure Dark Arisen is also responsible for putting lots of portcrystals around the world that you can grab and put wherever you want. My pro tip teleport locations are the Shadow Fort, Bloodwater Beach, and the little cliff that you end up on when leaving the Witchwood by Selene's house.

I always keep at least one as a floating fast travel point for quick trips to town and back.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i get really anxious thinking about all the loot ive lost because instead of making the materials all glowy like every other game ever they have a very subtle shining effect thats hard to spot in the grass and rocks and shadows etc. sometimes youll kill something big and the loot will drop inside of it and you have to wait for the corpse to vanish for 3 minutes to pick up what it dropped and aggghh

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

It's fine, there's more loot. Enemy drops are all day every day, it's the quest loot you have to watch out for.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i am in love with hitting poo poo with a big hammer

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

jumping and doing a strong attack for a big legend of zelda downward leap attack that goes THU-THU-THU-THU with a big CRUNCH at the end, thats my poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

human bones that move on their own!!

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

What a large tree...

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wolves hunt in packs!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was climbing a bunch of destroyable boxes to get to a treasure chest and a hired pawn just smashed them before I got up there

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Same, I was trying to stack up some barrels to get up onto a busted roof and welp. Thanks for your enthusiasm, pawn.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crimson Harvest posted:

Same, I was trying to stack up some barrels to get up onto a busted roof and welp. Thanks for your enthusiasm, pawn.

he got the boot from a gigantic orc and I didn't revive him so

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I kept hiring ncs's pawn and throwing it off cliffs and sending back with all 1s and a rotten fish. I can't remember why and would like to apologise

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

What's the maximum badfeel gift you could receive? Rotten kept giant fish? Rotten kept ambrosial meat?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A white wolf... 'Twill be red soon enough!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made my pawn chipmunk voiced bc I didn't grasp the importance of pawns and I was owned by 50 hours of panicked squeaking about trolls, gryphons and wolves.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I kept hiring ncs's pawn and throwing it off cliffs and sending back with all 1s and a rotten fish. I can't remember why and would like to apologise

BEcause I modelled her after my sexy then-gf. As a result, much buttsalt was harvested.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wormskull posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

discovered that you can just hit minable rocks and all the ore will drop off it immediately..watching my huge hombre pull out a tiny pick and delicately carves stones out is too fun though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

BEcause I modelled her after my sexy then-gf. As a result, much buttsalt was harvested.
I knew she was going to break your heart my man.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

I made my pawn chipmunk voiced bc I didn't grasp the importance of pawns and I was owned by 50 hours of panicked squeaking about trolls, gryphons and wolves.

I regularly hired a really good sorcerer pawn called Eugene who was just a little bit too tall and skinny and had a voice much higher than is normally possible. He was otherwise just really solidly built with good AI, the guy just hacked Eugene to have a particularly stupid beard, build and voice, and I loved him.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

started actually doing quests instead of wandering everywhere and it's leading me to all the dungeons and poo poo i stumbled into -_- quests also give you soooooo much poo poo. a quest to retake a fort from goblins gives you 5 billion powerful healing items and tons of money

the acting in this is so loving goofy i love it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of the quest markers bugged out so now I'm waiting for the guy who yells about dragons on Gran Soren. My paw keeps waving her hand in front of my face

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
the original theme song from the first release
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNbabKjKpA

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
i'll never forget booting up dragon's dogma on ps3 for the first time and the intro hits u with sweeping fantasy vistas with this song. I couldn't help but listen to it every time I started the game lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I knew she was going to break your heart my man.

Well, thanks for throwing her off cliffs and sending me rotten fish in that case

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Is one of you Medium Pace? Cause that's an excellent reference and thanks for the rank 3 BBI weapon.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

It seems all roads lead to Gran Soren

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

However,

The Duke could stand to commission some new roads.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

i finally did it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

Went up the Bluemoon Tower in the post-game to fight the wyvern, and gently caress me I got 3 Wyvern Tears on the first kill. Last time I played this I never even got one.

It's a rare drop from wyverns that gets you more loot from other dragon enemies.

• Locked thread