Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Teikanmi posted:

I love how all of the twitter posts showing the birth omit this part:

It's the cirrrrrcle of life :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm the startled dad.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

kindermord posted:

hyenas then?

hyenas and other predators will definitely go after giraffe babies, just not giraffes themselves, since giraffes will kick the everlasting poo poo out of anything that bothers them

hyenas are also gross fuckers, as discussed by wikipedia

quote:

The genitalia of the female closely resembles that of the male; the clitoris is shaped and positioned like a penis, and is capable of erection. The female also possesses no external vagina (vaginal opening), as the labia are fused to form a pseudo-scrotum. The pseudo-penis is traversed to its tip by a central urogenital canal, through which the female urinates, copulates and gives birth. The pseudo-penis can be distinguished from the males' genitalia by its greater thickness and more rounded glans. In both males and females, the base of the glans is covered with penile spines. The formation of the pseudo-penis appears largely androgen independent, as the pseudo-penis appears in the female fetus before differentiation of the fetal ovary and adrenal gland. After parturition, the pseudo-penis is stretched, and loses many of its original aspects; it becomes a slack-walled and reduced prepuce with an enlarged orifice with split lips.

the tl;dr is that female hyenas have dicks, to gently caress the males have to stick their dick in the female's dick, and when a female gives birth the babies come out of its dick, destroying it in the process

nature owns

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
women sounds hella gross

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
My name vote goes for Placentina.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

women sounds hella gross

True. They call it the miracle, but the first time you see a woman giving birth you realize we are all just disgusting animals.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Mods please change the thread title to reflect recent developments

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Mods please change the thread title to reflect recent developments

This stupid giraffe gave birth to a waterfall (and a stupider giraffe)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
did it piss on its baby or is it just like womb juices

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tired Moritz posted:

did it piss on its baby or is it just like womb juices

womb juices. if you look up a video of a baby horse coming out of a horse vagina you'll be able to get a much more HD view of how much womb juice these critters pupate in

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I keep looking at the gif and I love how it just flops on the ground. mom giraffe gives no fucks.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I swear to God if you call my wife a giraffe one more time, doctor

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
So uhh are there any other pregnant animals i can watch dick around for a month before making GBS threads life

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I think your mom went through menopause already so probably not.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Birth looks like a pretty awful process for baby giraffes. Then they spend a few hours falling down trying to walk. Tough day for the kid.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Birth looks like a pretty awful process for baby giraffes. Then they spend a few hours falling down trying to walk. Tough day for the kid.

Better than human birth, except maybe the initial garbage chute drop to the ground.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Pvt.Scott posted:

Better than human birth, except maybe the initial garbage chute drop to the ground.

Gotta wonder how many baby giraffes just snap their neck because of the drop

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

You would think the momma giraffe would like kneel down a bit, but nope. If it can't survive a 5 foot drop, it's not fit to survive.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

You would think the momma giraffe would like kneel down a bit, but nope. If it can't survive a 5 foot drop, it's not fit to survive.

The brain is like the least important part of the giraffe and you aren't going to hurt that neck.

I'm just spitballin' here.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

Gotta wonder how many baby giraffes just snap their neck because of the drop

It would explain why giraffes are so dumb. Their necks probably aren't full of blood yet, so it's like a floppy dong. It would cushion the fall, if anything. I'm literally guessing here though.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Reading GBS today I think most of goons were also dropped 5ft the day they were born

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Psycho Society posted:

Reading GBS today I think most of goons were also dropped 5ft the day they were born

I was born in Texas, so same effect.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Pvt.Scott posted:

It would explain why giraffes are so dumb. Their necks probably aren't full of blood yet, so it's like a floppy dong. It would cushion the fall, if anything. I'm literally guessing here though.

their hearts are fuckin' huge for that reason, and two feet long and the walls are three inches thick in some spots

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Appearantly the vet came in to check on the baby and April kicked him! Finally she does something worth talking about!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Whatever, just click it.

https://youtu.be/JIf6EfAlJPI

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Very sophisticated way to weigh a giraffe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAHORcV1elU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it would be cute if there were pygmy giraffes that stayed that size

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Mozi posted:

this sounds like a job for science

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bonsai acacia to match. That would be cute for sure.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Mozi posted:

I need a purse sized giraffe that just rides around in my messenger bag all day.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

But his head is sticking out so you can just feed it leaves and poo poo all day.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
put a little spiked collar on it

Scroon
Oct 22, 2016

What does giraffe meat taste like, I wonder

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Scroon posted:

What does giraffe meat taste like, I wonder

Long horse.

Scroon
Oct 22, 2016

I went googling for "exotic tasty meat" to investigate further

I, uh, did not find giraffe. Lotta beaver, though.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Has the baby died yet? What's the death pool looking like?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Well, they're letting the internet name the baby.

...the part of the internet with money, anyway. $1 per entry/vote, minimum of five.

So troll names have to be subtle for a chance at success. I'm scouring Behind The Name for names that could potentially mean stupid, in case anyone has spare money but no ideas.

E: I like Shouta: From Japanese 翔 (shou) meaning "soar, glide" and 太 (ta) meaning "thick, big". It's one way to describe his birth - yeah, he soared very directly to the ground from six feet up.

VivaLa Eeveelution fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Gif.raffe

• Locked thread