Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 1: Subforum Nomination

To nominate a dog for the tournament, please post ONCE AND ONLY ONCE in this thread in the following format:
  • Dog name
  • One sentence about why this dog is a good dog
  • Picture of dog

An example of a properly formatted nomination post is as follows:

quote:

Otis

Otis is a good dog because he once ate an entire loaf of pumpkin bread and pooped bright orange for two days

Nominations will be open until at least Wednesday, March 1. Polls for subforum voting will open shortly after.

Questions and Answers
  • Do I have to post my own dog?
    No! Post any dog you like.

• Can I nominate more than one dog?
    No! Please nominate only one dog and choose one subforum to nominate in.

• Does the dog I nominate have to be a real dog?
    Nope! Paintings, cartoons, doodles, ASCII art, it's all fine. The only condition is that the dog must be Good.

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! Please only post nominations in the nomination thread.

It is illegal to dislike any dogs

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Gunther IV

When Countess Karlotta Libenstein of Germany died in 1991, she left her entire $80 million fortune to her pet, a German shepherd named Gunther III. Trustees of the estate have done well with investments, turning the inheritance into roughly $375 million, which now belongs to the next in line, Gunther IV. The pampered, jet-setting dog owns villas in Italy and the Bahamas, and in 2000 purchased Madonna's Miami Beach mansion for $7.5 million.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Luvcow posted:

Gunther IV

When Countess Karlotta Libenstein of Germany died in 1991, she left her entire $80 million fortune to her pet, a German shepherd named Gunther III. Trustees of the estate have done well with investments, turning the inheritance into roughly $375 million, which now belongs to the next in line, Gunther IV. The pampered, jet-setting dog owns villas in Italy and the Bahamas, and in 2000 purchased Madonna's Miami Beach mansion for $7.5 million.

On the glasses alone, you can consider my vote for this dog, in this subforum.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Luvcow posted:

Gunther IV

This is a very good dog and apparently literally the only one in BFC because nobody else is nominating one???

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

pig slut lisa posted:

This is a very good dog and apparently literally the only one in BFC because nobody else is nominating one???

You're not allowed to nominate one?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Simon

Was a rescued stray from the streets of West Philadelphia, has now survived cancer and struggles daily with obesity. Loves belly rubs and his new baby sister. He is peak BWM as he once ate a bag of jelly beans and ran up hospital bills on our credit cards of over $2,000.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Madison

Not only is Madison the official BYOB dog, but she also came with free shipping.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

pig slut lisa posted:

Madison

Not only is Madison the official BYOB dog, but she also came with free shipping.

Would watch that unboxing video.

Tomfoolery
Oct 8, 2004

Vintage Rough Coated Collie Lassie Dog Puppy Ceramic Figurine Statuette

Its previous owner says:
"Great vintage ceramic rough coated collie dog figurine. This piece was a great estate find, it's in good condition, with small chips/nicks to the ears. I think it could be touched up with a marker, but didn't attempt to cover it up. It's a rough coated collie like collie dog. Please examine the pictures closely. It measures 4 1/2" from front paws to tail by 4" high. Great piece for any collectors!"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I don't know the name of this Dog so I'm gonna go with Rufus Wolf St.

He is a good dog because he is a very BFC dog.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Coco the Winking Office Dog

Coco is a good dog because she understands that an upbeat personality with lots of winking goes a long way towards creating a high-quality workplace and increased productivity.

potatoducks
Jan 26, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

The BFC Nomination Thread is now closed! Congratulations to all the nominees. Voting in this and other participating subforums will commence this weekend.

• Locked thread