Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

:shibe: :siren:Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament!:siren: :cheerdoge:

pig slut lisa posted:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 1: Subforum Nomination

To nominate a dog for the tournament, please post ONCE AND ONLY ONCE in this thread in the following format:
  • Dog name
  • One sentence about why this dog is a good dog
  • Picture of dog

An example of a properly formatted nomination post is as follows:

quote:

Otis

Otis is a good dog because he once ate an entire loaf of pumpkin bread and pooped bright orange for two days

Nominations will be open until at least Wednesday, March 1. Polls for subforum voting will open shortly after.

Questions and Answers
  • Do I have to post my own dog?
    No! Post any dog you like.

• Can I nominate more than one dog?
    No! Please nominate only one dog and choose one subforum to nominate in.

• Does the dog I nominate have to be a real dog?
    Nope! Paintings, cartoons, doodles, ASCII art, it's all fine. The only condition is that the dog must be Good.

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! Please only post nominations in the nomination thread.

It is illegal to dislike any dogs

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:
:woof::woof::woof:

Get to posting, y'all! :sax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

My catte Elmo is the best dog.

Caedus
Sep 11, 2007

It's good to have a sense of scale.

Awesome Dog

Ten years ago I went to save this image, intending to name it awesomedog.jpg; it was already named awesomedog.jpg and I was blessed.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

His name is Bepis and I love him so much I made him into my avatar!

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Loukanikos was the best dog, because gently caress the police.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

This is my doggo Mimi. She is a rescue from the RSPCA and is the happiest doggo in the world and gets super excited when I get home from work and likes eating grass.

Rats Tossbag
Jan 16, 2014

Rosie

Rosie is the best dog because she is happy all the time and loves everybody and also is really good at swimming.

Rats Tossbag has a new favorite as of 13:47 on Feb 26, 2017

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Your dog is suitably fluffy. Also she looks crosseyed.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
here's my dog Pickles sleeping

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

McGruff likes to bite criminals. That's his thing.

Click for unnecessarily big McGruff.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This is my brother and our family dog, Lady, many years ago.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
I don't know the dog's name, but it's this one.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I nominate goon Senor Dog.

You can tell he's a good dog because I mean just look at this post it's so happy:

Senor Dog posted:

Communism is actually bad because it involves humans being good to each other. But if we could get dogunism then we'd really be on to something.

Here's my favourite picture of him/her:

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

NAME: Reba

WHY SHE IS A GOOD DOG: One time someone left the backyard gate open, but rather than running away, she went around the house and waited patiently at the front door.

PICTURE:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

yo rear end is grass posted:

NAME: Reba

WHY SHE IS A GOOD DOG: One time someone left the backyard gate open, but rather than running away, she went around the house and waited patiently at the front door.

PICTURE:

:colbert: That is a sandwich.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

Name:

Vinnie

Why he is an awesome doge:

- Former stray from California. Survived the mean streets.
- Always Bleppin'
- Super affectionate, loves to snuggle
- Certified Smol Pupper

Photo:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Names: Olive and Gracie

Why they are good dogs: Olive and Gracie are good dogs because they are tiny dog-cows, and always sleep cuddled together. I think they're an exception to the one-dog rule because they're extremely close sisters from the same litter and do everything together, so they are basically judged as one unit.

Panic! at Nabisco has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Mar 1, 2017

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

This is my favourite dog.

edit: here is my other favourite dog

Mameluke has a new favorite as of 15:50 on Mar 1, 2017

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Name: Chester.

He's a good dog because look at how loving stupid he looks...I mean, holy poo poo, this thing used to be a wolf.

Saffronica
Feb 10, 2009
Charlie

Charlie looks like he's about to be interviewed by the Barking Times for his nomination for 'Good Dog of the Year' award.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Laika.

She was the first animal to orbit the Earth, paving the way for the rest of us.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This is my dog Gatoborous.

He's a good boy because he's non Euclidean.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
I don't know this dogs name and I will not disrespect him by giving him a new one, but he is a good dog who should be nominated.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Go vote, suckas!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3812339

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Mameluke posted:

This is my favourite dog.

You won! Which charity would you like to compete on behalf of? They need to be able to accept online donations.

• Locked thread