Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
Not that anyone thought he'd be back, but Lamela is finally getting surgery and is officially done for the rest of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
I wish Lamela had stayed with Roma. There's a really good player that's getting wasted since he doesn't seem to fit in Spurs' first choice system.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

quote:

On the issue of his future Sánchez said: “I’m happy in London and I want to finish my contract. That’s what I want. I like to stay in one place, one city, where the team fights for titles.”

The on-stage interviewer then joked that he could move to Chelsea. It was a light-hearted moment and Sánchez smiled along with it. He was determined to be polite and respectful towards Arsenal and not to say anything controversial.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/29/alexis-sanchez-claims-he-wants-to-finish-contract-with-arsenal?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Brony Car posted:

I wish Lamela had stayed with Roma. There's a really good player that's getting wasted since he doesn't seem to fit in Spurs' first choice system.

He was certainly first choice the last two seasons :confused:

Or are you saying he is being played in the wrong position?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Xabi posted:

Lallana injured of course. Please nuke international football.

Real loving bad. It's amazing how inept we looks with Lallana or Henderson missing. Can seems to have remembered how to play football which is nice but I'm still not overly confident without the former two. Coutinho looked alright when he played deeper so maybe they'll throw him back into midfield and start Origi. Wouldn't mind seeing more of Wilson tbh though, feel he deserves an opportunity.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/29/premier-league-illegal-streaming-tv-audiences

quote:

The Premier League has launched its biggest crackdown on piracy with a series of moves to combat illegal streaming, in light of fears that widespread availability of new consumer-friendly devices could fatally undermine its business model.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
I'm a Big Streamer so I don't like that one bit.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Yeah it's definitely streaming that's the problem here and not the ridiculous greed that makes it so I can watch more games in the US with basic TV package than someone in the UK can with multiple expensive premium channels.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Yeah it's definitely streaming that's the problem here and not the ridiculous greed that makes it so I can watch more games in the US with basic TV package than someone in the UK can with multiple expensive premium channels.

Ridiculous greed on whose part exactly? I'm pretty sure the big clubs, the PL and the TV channels would all make more money if the 3:00 blackout were lifted.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Their partner in Japan only got worse. Dutch games with Japanese players got priority over top 6 BPL teams (Im including Man U) and when Leicester got Okazaki they showed all those leaving out other games live and they stopped putting all games on demand which sucks with the time difference. There was no point keeping it when you could stream and that's what I'll continue to do.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Read it and weep

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/30/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-18-match-run

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Ridiculous greed on whose part exactly? I'm pretty sure the big clubs, the PL and the TV channels would all make more money if the 3:00 blackout were lifted.

I don't think this has much to do with his point. poo poo like Sky is mind bogglingly expensive and you dont even get many games on it

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Why? They've lost 3 times this season and will lose again before it ends. They're not "Invincibles" in the sense that Arsenal were just because they put together an extended unbeaten run (with a lot of draws).

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't think this has much to do with his point. poo poo like Sky is mind bogglingly expensive and you dont even get many games on it

If its wrong to be bombarded with the same 4 ads for betting companies then I don't want to be right

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

38 points in this 18 game run. Chelsea had 39 in their 13 game unbeaten streak this season. :smug:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puň essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Shoren posted:

Why? They've lost 3 times this season and will lose again before it ends. They're not "Invincibles" in the sense that Arsenal were just because they put together an extended unbeaten run (with a lot of draws).

Probably because "Manchester United: An Association Football Team That Both Wins And Loses Games" is poor-quality clickbait if you're a sub-editor

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Aren't their viewer numbers well under expectations this year? I thought I'd heard that but I could be wrong. If that's true, responding by going after streamers is pretty funny

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Thom P. Tiers posted:

He was certainly first choice the last two seasons :confused:

Or are you saying he is being played in the wrong position?

The times I've seen Lamela play for Spurs, he's been a sub. I also got the overall impression that he was viewed as a flop.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

He is also a massive oval office, let's not forget.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Brony Car posted:

The times I've seen Lamela play for Spurs, he's been a sub. I also got the overall impression that he was viewed as a flop.

the ROI def is like -69

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Xabi posted:

He is also a massive oval office, let's not forget.

In what way?

Can't remember hearing anything good or bad about Lamela.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

- dirty
- petulant
- awful hair

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Xabi posted:

- dirty
- petulant
- awful hair

Don't multiple sign you're posts haha

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Lamela was a regular starter (when fit) for two campaigns. he's quite good, and far more aggressive than most people realize- highest number of fouls for Tottenham iirc

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Lamela is a dirty argentine twat and also a prick on the field

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Xabi posted:

- dirty
- petulant
- awful hair

- what's
- his
- name

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puň essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Step 1 in driving all Americans out of the game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39454492

Step 2 TBC

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

"Attempted damage"

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Some tasty matches tomorrow in this boobies opinion

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Mata groin surgery, could miss rest of season

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

TheBigAristotle posted:

Mata groin surgery, could miss rest of season

He trained so hard and stretched so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

No Henderson and no Lallana for the derby. That's really not ideal. Losing so much energy there.

• Locked thread