Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Hell yea let's play some MLS FANTASY 2017! In MLS fantasy, you create a team of your favorite aging Euros, journeyman South/Central Americans, and regular US Americans who could be The Next Big Thing (but won't!) to score fake points based on their real points. You get $100 million to buy 15 players, and (new this year!) you get unlimited transfers every round. Buy your players, watch this dumb league (or don't!), and you, too, could win the pride and admiration of all your peers by being the nerdiest MLS goon on the forum.

Our league is a head to head league, because classic is incredibly dumb and boring.
League Name: SA Goons
Join code: 12267-2483

If the pride and admiration of your fellow goons isn't enough motivation, then check out these sweet prizes!

PLAYOFFS WINNER: I will mail you a Barack Obama postcard!

REGULAR SEASON WINNER: I will ALSO mail YOU a Barack Obama postcard!

WOODEN SPOON: I will mail you a postcard of Donald Trump!

(look I bought a bunch of Barack Obama postcards last time I went to the Air and Space museum and I gotta get rid of them somehow. Feel free to volunteer other prizes and I will add them to this post.)

Go forth and create your teams! Post about them in this thread because the main MLS thread is full of fantasy haters! Fight... and win!

We now have a Classic League for anyone who missed the Head to Head signup!
League Name: SA Refugee Camp
Join Code: 25138-4554

camoseven fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
I am signed up as Calvinball Eternal. Leggo.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
In as the Handy J's.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

I can't decide between Higuain and Kevin Molino, and I'm certain that whichever I don't pick will score a hat trick.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

The Light Eternal posted:

I am signed up as Calvinball Eternal. Leggo.

So far so good, imagine not making Valeri captain this weekend, smh

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Or Adi. I went with an Adi and Giovinco pairing up top. Thankfully I picked Valeri, too. And made him captain.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Hey now I never claimed to be good at this.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
In week one action I lost against the average. Not a great start.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Wait, they're resetting all the scores for week 2? :wtf:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I haven't been able to figure out if they're just resetting classic leagues or all leagues.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

plainswalker75 posted:

Wait, they're resetting all the scores for week 2? :wtf:

Considering I currently sit in the top 2% of all players (and lead the SA group currently :smuggo: ): gently caress THAT.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I keep getting "this league is closed to new entries" when I try to join. :confused:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Syrinxx posted:

I keep getting "this league is closed to new entries" when I try to join. :confused:

Ahhh lame, that must mean they aren't resetting head to head leagues. They should really put that info on the site somewhere instead of the huge banner that says all leagues are getting reset. I'll look into it a bit more tonight and if I can't come up with another explanation I'll remove my post from the other thread.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

Syrinxx posted:

Me too. Was there a team limit that was hit? Weird.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

If anyone missed out on the real league and just wants to be in a dumb classic scoring league with no Barack Obama postcards, I made one. http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com?autojoin-code=25138-4554

I think you can also join this even if you're already in the SA Goons head to head so why not?

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Thanks, I joined and added that info to the OP!!

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Syrinxx posted:

If anyone missed out on the real league and just wants to be in a dumb classic scoring league with no Barack Obama postcards, I made one. http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com?autojoin-code=25138-4554

I think you can also join this even if you're already in the SA Goons head to head so why not?

This was the right solution.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The standings after week 2! We're so poo poo that if the league ended today, AVERAGE would make the playoffs! My title defense is off to a wretched start, and I'm feeling very stupid for dropping Miguel Almiron using the logic that he wouldn't score in the snow.

This week's biggest score (80 points!) was put up by Kanye 2020, despite one of his players not playing at all. Well done!

You've got til Saturday at 2pm to get your new lineups in, and don't forget to join the Classic league, too. (Join Code: 25138-4554) You've missed a week, but we're all really bad so you've got a great shot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
What's that? It's an international break but MLS is still playing 3 games for some stupid loving reason? Thank goodness you get unlimited transfers this year!

• Locked thread