Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jose posted:

more money was spent on this than the entire UK general election that just happened lol

how many panera breads does the uk have moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
lots of voters are shitheels who don't want anything that would help the undesirables, op

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro

LolitaSama posted:

What do they have to lose from single payer?

Healthcare currently composes 1/6th of the US Economy. The irony is that while single payer is objectively cheaper and more efficient, the effect of putting so many middlemen out of work at once will probably start another depression.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
Now you may be asking, why is it important that the US have millions of people working in meaningless bullshit jobs revolving around needlessly complicated paperwork and scamming sick people, and the answer is

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Digiwizzard posted:

Healthcare currently composes 1/6th of the US Economy. The irony is that while single payer is objectively cheaper and more efficient, the effect of putting so many middlemen out of work at once will probably start another depression.
im just screaming

forever

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Allow me to be sad that the Republicans aren't crying in their beer because they're losing major parts of Georgia. Oh no, I'd better give up everything I hold dear because I didn't get the big moment of the Republicans crying and beating their chests.

Seriously, the left in this country doesn't know how to counter propaganda at all. It's like Republican smug is an honest thing instead of something they throw out to get what they really want: people angry as them. We made a loving deep red district in Georgia in an off-year drat near winnable and now we're upset? Jesus Christ, what more do you want?

The democrats not to be a bunch of cucks who take it up the rear end from Corporations?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crowsbeak posted:

The democrats not to be a bunch of cucks who take it up the rear end from Corporations?

I was with you until you said 'cucks.' I think you want the party next door, the one with the old guy with the lovely toupee talking about 'winning' despite having to beg the Russians for cash due to his lovely spending habits.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

I was with you until you said 'cucks.' I think you want the party next door, the one with the old guy with the lovely toupee talking about 'winning' despite having to beg the Russians for cash due to his lovely spending habits.

Sir, please do not use that word, we need to respect the political discourse. Why would you want a win rather than a closer than usual loss?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Well, I will not stop you from continuing to live your Sorkinesque fantasy. But I'll live in reality where working with everyone who wants to stop America from turning into an Anarcho capitalist hellhole is a the goal.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 20:06 on Jun 22, 2017

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

logikv9 posted:

lots of voters are shitheels who don't want anything that would help the undesirables, op

those are called democrats

the voters that want to actively gently caress over undesirables more are the republicans

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--hoskx8tC8

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Digiwizzard posted:

Now you may be asking, why is it important that the US have millions of people working in meaningless bullshit jobs revolving around needlessly complicated paperwork and scamming sick people, and the answer is

keynesian make-work

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Good work helping the Dems take the offensive in Georgia Congressional Election, April 18th, everybody.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
http://i.imgur.com/c80tSY5.gifv

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Ossof did worse than the candidate who didnt exist lmao.

He seriously got less votes than the fake perdon that ran last time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

hillary 2016 lost by 1.5 points in the district

ossof 2017 lost by 4 points

they did loving worse 8 months after trump got elected

centrist dems are a more toxic brand than loving trump

• Locked thread