Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the top dog in BFC?
This poll is closed.
Gunther IV 2 6.67%
Simon 2 6.67%
Madison 5 16.67%
Vintage Rough Coated Collie Lassie Dog Puppy Ceramic Figurine Statuette 3 10.00%
Rufus Wolf St. 15 50.00%
Coco the Winking Office Dog 3 10.00%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 2: Subforum Voting

The nominees for the BFC champion are listed at the bottom of this post. Choose wisely, as our subforum is nominating a dog to compete against all the other top dogs across the forums!

Voting will be open until at least Wednesday, March 8.

Questions and Answers
  • How should I choose who to vote for?
    It's up to you! Maybe it's a dog that makes you :3: Maybe it's a dog that makes you :laugh: Maybe it's a dog that represents the id of our subforum. Vote however you like!

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! If you dislike any dogs you will probably be banned. Just kidding! But please try your hardest to like every dog you see.

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

BFC Nominees

Luvcow posted:

Gunther IV

When Countess Karlotta Libenstein of Germany died in 1991, she left her entire $80 million fortune to her pet, a German shepherd named Gunther III. Trustees of the estate have done well with investments, turning the inheritance into roughly $375 million, which now belongs to the next in line, Gunther IV. The pampered, jet-setting dog owns villas in Italy and the Bahamas, and in 2000 purchased Madonna's Miami Beach mansion for $7.5 million.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Simon

Was a rescued stray from the streets of West Philadelphia, has now survived cancer and struggles daily with obesity. Loves belly rubs and his new baby sister. He is peak BWM as he once ate a bag of jelly beans and ran up hospital bills on our credit cards of over $2,000.

pig slut lisa posted:

Madison

Not only is Madison the official BYOB dog, but she also came with free shipping.

Tomfoolery posted:

Vintage Rough Coated Collie Lassie Dog Puppy Ceramic Figurine Statuette

Its previous owner says:
"Great vintage ceramic rough coated collie dog figurine. This piece was a great estate find, it's in good condition, with small chips/nicks to the ears. I think it could be touched up with a marker, but didn't attempt to cover it up. It's a rough coated collie like collie dog. Please examine the pictures closely. It measures 4 1/2" from front paws to tail by 4" high. Great piece for any collectors!"

Thoguh posted:

Rufus Wolf St.

He is a good dog because he is a very BFC dog.

Sundae posted:

Coco the Winking Office Dog

Coco is a good dog because she understands that an upbeat personality with lots of winking goes a long way towards creating a high-quality workplace and increased productivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Rufus Wolf St. is the only choice here.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
I can't believe not more people voted for the statuette. I was torn but ended up voting for Coco, because drat if Coco doesn't look like a Good Dog

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
I voted for Rufus because really, he's the only true BFC option. You can just tell that every night once you crate him, he spends hours with a tiny flashlight reconciling his YNAB accounts and calculating when he'll reach financial independence. The only reason he still works at all is so his secretary can turn doorknobs for him, you know.

And Coco died of winking-related multiple organ failure last year at the ripe old age of God only knows, probably like twenty.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I'm glad every dog has at least one vote. They all deserve a bunch more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

:siren: Voting is now closed :siren:

Congrats to Rufus Wolf St. on a runaway victory!

Please tune in this weekend when Rufus Wolf St. goes up against the Top Dogs from around the forums. Thanks for voting!

• Locked thread