Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

pwn posted:

It's kinda blowing my mind that this year is the first time since I began watching that as many people are watching it as were back then

I have to imagine it's almost entirely due to Alec Baldwin doing Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

IRQ posted:

Vintage, so no new episode? That loving sucks.
WHO ARE THE AD WIZARDS WHO CAME UP WITH THIS ONE?!?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I'm curious to see what happens with Trump next season - whether they get someone in the cast to do it, whether they get Hammond to reprise it (i know he does the announcing but hows his health?), or whether they bring someone new in.

Either way it won't be Baldwin.

Side note: if you haven't read Darrell Hammond's book it's both amazing and heart breaking.

blunt fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 26, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

blunt posted:

I'm curious to see what happens with Trump next season - whether they get someone in the cast to do it, whether they get Hammond to reprise it (i know he does the announcing but hows his health?), or whether they bring someone new in.

Either way it won't be Baldwin.

Yeah, Baldwin's made it clear that he's doing it for the money at this point because it's a pain for him to travel to New York every week. Last I heard, Hammond is still sober and his bipolar disorder is being managed, but he only does a random spot here and there because the stress of the rehearsals and whatnot is a big trigger for him. I figure they'll toss it to Beck Bennett or maybe Alex Moffat if they bump him up to repertory (since I'm almost positive Moynihan, Villasenor and Strong are gone after this year).

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

They can't toss it to Bennett; if he's Trump then there will be fewer appearances of his Putin.

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
What incentive would Cecily have to leave? It's not like she's highly sought after in Hollywood and she's pretty important to the show.

This is the year (which has already taken too long) Sasheer is ousted.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I'm wondering if this might be a big turnover year. Bobby is going, I can't imagine Keenan or Bayer staying much longer. McKinnon is getting lots of film work and isn't going to get to play Hillary for the next 4 years. Sasheer barely ever gets on.

What a strange world we'll love in when Lesley Jones and Kyle Mooney are two of the longest tenured cast members.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
People like Keenan are perfect for this format. Unless Lorne is kicking them out what exactly do you imagine they'd be moving on to?

CaveGrinch
Dec 5, 2003
I'm a mean one.
Kenan has pretty much already said he's going to stay as long as they'll have him.

pwn
May 27, 2004

goodnights in 360 degrees :wow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXyEkfM8DuA

pwn
May 27, 2004

Tonight's Vintage: Bradley Cooper with TV On The Radio from February 7th, 2009

Regular timeslot repeat: Alec Baldwin with Ed Sheeran.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I kind of hate it when the vintage is less than 15 years old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

diggin the stylish new threads

• Locked thread