Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's the Pet Island Top Dog?
This poll is closed.
Kiska 6 6.74%
Wandy 5 5.62%
Tash 19 21.35%
Gaston 22 24.72%
Hannah 3 3.37%
Charlie 3 3.37%
That Facebook Link 1 1.12%
Oliver 4 4.49%
Cody 5 5.62%
Tarkus 2 2.25%
Butler 2 2.25%
Chloe 2 2.25%
Judah 9 10.11%
Terra 6 6.74%
Total: 89 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

quote:

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 2: Subforum Voting.

Mirror, mirror, on the wall
Who's the goodest dog of all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Tendai posted:

Kiska

Kiska is a good dog because she plays fetch, loves belly rubs, and eats inappropriate things like cardboard :colbert:

learnincurve posted:

Name: Wandy
Reason: Wandy was a good bird and a shining example of what all birds, potato or otherwise, should aspire to be.

GoldStandardConure posted:

Tash

Tash was a good dog because her favorite food was ants. She would find an ant trail and lick them all up.

where the red fern gropes posted:

Gaston

he owns my yard and won't leave

Jose Oquendo posted:

Hannah the African Grey

You better nominate him because otherwise he'll give you the evil eye and murder you in your sleep.

Shark Sandwich posted:

Excellent dogs all around. This is mine. His name is Charlie and he is loyal and he hates playing fetch.

DarkHorse posted:

I want to nominate one of my dogs, but I think this dog is better:

https://www.facebook.com/OficialPomba/videos/665070020342082/

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

Oliver
My adopted buddy. He was pretty fat when I got him, but unlike most goons he is constantly working to better himself through diet and exercise.

Harvey Baldman posted:

Cody

He is terrified of everything, except people, in whom he invests unconditional trust and love, and his water bowl, which is the best thing ever apparently.

http://i.imgur.com/MjAmHLm.gifv

Super Grocery Kart posted:

Tarkus

He's a Good Boy because he let me wear my new moccasins for 3 whole days before chewing them up.

thatbastardken posted:

Butler

butler is a good boy because he kills rats and appreciates visual art

Darth Walrus posted:

Chloe

She's a good puppy...

... and an excellent hat.

Shirec posted:

I'd like to nominate someone else's bird.
Tendai's Judah, an excellent cockatiel, an ur-potato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__YxTVlmcM

His antics were always the best and most potato, and he launched the "Not Judah" award, currently held by Steve. I still miss him, even though I am an internet stranger with my own birds.

Ferryll posted:

Terra is a GoldenAussie (possibly) we adopted 2 months ago from a shelter.
She is a very good dog because:
1. She overcame separation anxiety (with the help of Prozac and behavioral training)
2. She loves all people, kids, dogs, cats, etc. We are in the beginning stages to train her to become a therapy dog. She loves it!
3. She is the softest, calmest thing to pet. If this was a softness competition, she would win hands down.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Grats to everyone on having good dogs. I don't know if it is possible to convert the poll into a checkbox poll at this time, but some of the other subforums use a checkbox poll and it is a great option imo because it allows people to show support for more than 1 good dog.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
vote Gaston
gaston friggin rules

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Vote tash

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Gaston for Top Dog!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

As per tournament organizer pig slut lisa, the subforum voting round is now :siren:CLOSED:siren:!

Congratulations to GASTON, who is actually in no way anybody's pet and has killed at least one goon to date.

where the red fern gropes posted:

Gaston

he owns my yard and won't leave

No one's white as Gaston
No one bites like Gaston
No one causes your cats such a fright as Gaston!

As a specimen, yes, I'm intimidating~

Word, such a bird, that Gaston!

Honorable mention to Tash, who was clearly also a very, very good dog. :)

Final voting will begin Saturday!

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

well poo poo

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
gently caress you gaston!!! i'll fite u irl!!

Congrats dreggon and your crazy yardbirds!

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
A mighty fighty bitey whitey indeed

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Hello! You do not have PMs, so I am just going to post this here and hopefully you see it.

-----

Hello where the red fern gropes,

Congrats on your big win! In a couple days, your nominee will go up against winners from other subforums to determine the Top Dog of Something Awful.

There is a PRIZE for the winner. The PRIZE is donations to the animal-related charity of the winner's choice. How exciting and wonderful!

Please select an animal-related charity you would like to represent in the final voting. This charity must be able to accept donations online. Please make your selection in a timely fashion, as I would like to get the ballot posted this weekend. If I don't hear back from you, I will select a charity for you.

Thanks, and best of luck in the championship round!

PSL

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I am honored Judah came in third :3: Good entries all around.

Hail to King Gaston, ruler of the Down Under :toot:

Aug 24, 2011

pig slut lisa posted:

There is a PRIZE for the winner. The PRIZE is donations to the animal-related charity of the winner's choice. How exciting and wonderful!

you can choose, i don't really have a list

a bird one would be preferred if possible

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The bird thread suggests kaarakin, a black cockatoo conservation center.

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The bird thread suggests kaarakin, a black cockatoo conservation center.

ok, this one!

• Locked thread