Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I just stumbled across the most amazing Tactics Ogre art from some Japanese person on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/miyama_BB/status/1514985899976970241?s=20&t=9rNBgsu6-Df5p4YCLDs_9Q

https://twitter.com/miyama_BB/status/1607712601089376259?s=20&t=43iFwR2YMxwLYAM6OspYsw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

tithin posted:

But yeah, we did it :unsmith:

Thank you both! What a tremendous LP. I've poured hundreds of hours into the various incarnations of this game (maybe up over a thousand by now) and to see the way you've both detailed everything that makes it great, and written from the heart about it... it's pretty awesome :unsmith:

E: Also, you finally did it!

Bregor posted:

Yes! CODA 4 owns so hard. Makes me wish we had more Matsuno (or at least a remake of this quality for MotBQ).

Now go get Ambicion :getin:

Bregor fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jan 14, 2023

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
Any news on the archivation of this thread?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Waiting for the final post from old mate, then one from me and it's over.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Picked up the remaster with some of my overtime money because I really enjoyed the thread. Goddamn, it's even better playing it.
E: Seriously though, I'm about to be a weenie that's opposed to things like slaughtering towns of the people I'm fighting to protect and the soundtrack is loving great. Love the horns.

It also helps that its a lot easier to keep all these people and factions straight when I'm mainlining the plot and not viewing the plot in lp time.

FoolyCharged fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 25, 2023

Mindopali
Jun 7, 2023
I'm going to use the occasion (occasion being me buying my first account) to thank you for having made a let's play of this game. I bought It a while ago but remember not finishing it due to weird combat mechanics I never grasped. Thanks for helping me enjoy that game, it's amazing.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Waah's gone again, I think I'll be sending this deal to the LP archives soon.

If anyone spots any egregious typoes or grammatical errors, let me know!

I've updated the chapters page with all the chapters not previously included, and will spend a bit of time going through the chapters for typos etc

Mindopali posted:

I'm going to use the occasion (occasion being me buying my first account) to thank you for having made a let's play of this game. I bought It a while ago but remember not finishing it due to weird combat mechanics I never grasped. Thanks for helping me enjoy that game, it's amazing.

You are most welcome :)

tithin fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jun 17, 2023

SirSystemError
Jan 3, 2018

Saw this a long while back, definitely going to read it once it's on the archives. Clocked in 330 hours on the remake and a bunch on the PSP version, so this is definitely going to be a good read.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

tithin posted:

Waah's gone again, I think I'll be sending this deal to the LP archives soon.

I agree - it's past time. I don't know what travails are happening chez waah, but this is an LP for a game that is 13 years old that has been going on for six years, three months and has seen a remake of its game conceived, created and released. Simply stated, it's well past time.

Sadly, the archives are so backed up right now I don't know if it will ever make it, but no reason not to start now.

Mindopali
Jun 7, 2023

JustJeff88 posted:

Sadly, the archives are so backed up right now I don't know if it will ever make it, but no reason not to start now.

That bad?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

I'm not criticising, really, I just think that Baldur is either overwhelmed and/or totally burned out. He didn't update since November until a few weeks ago. There was a little flutter where he moved in a few dozen LPs, and now weeks of silence.

Mindopali
Jun 7, 2023
I didn't see it as a critic.

I never went on something awful until a few weeks ago, but I keep check on the LP archive website. It just seems like a case of real life getting in the way, and when they get time they uploads a lot of LP's at once. But I don't know how long the waiting list is for LP's to be archieved.

Mindopali fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 26, 2023

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Mindopali posted:

I didn't see it as a critic.

I never went on something awful until a few weeks ago, but I keep check on the LP archive website. It just seems like a case of real life getting in the way, and when he gets time he uploads a lot of LP's at once. But I don't know how long the waiting list is for LP's to be archieved.

I'm not criticising him either - I wish that he had some help, but when it's six months between updates then it's a very serious problem.

Mindopali
Jun 7, 2023
He doesn't have help? I thought there was more than one person on it, that sure explains a lot.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

He replied relatively quickly to the email I sent, so we'll see.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
This LP is like that paradox where one keeps moving half the distance towards the goal without being able to get there. The LP archive hasn't seen an update since late May, so it's probably a moot point, but I think that I am going to re-read it from the start before the images and videos start to be lost.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yeah I messaged Baldurk months ago - haven't heard anything since - real shame.

That said my copy of the artbook arrived, it's really nice.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Got my art book and my tarot cards.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

tithin posted:

Yeah I messaged Baldurk months ago - haven't heard anything since - real shame.

I would say 'try again', but I don't know if it will help.

Is there any other way to backup the photos and videos? They wouldn't take up that much space, and what I've found with LPs that never leave the forums is that the videos are lost first while the photos take some years, but eventually all that is left is the text. Presumably videos and screencaps could be stored offline just in case.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

JustJeff88 posted:

I would say 'try again', but I don't know if it will help.

Is there any other way to backup the photos and videos? They wouldn't take up that much space, and what I've found with LPs that never leave the forums is that the videos are lost first while the photos take some years, but eventually all that is left is the text. Presumably videos and screencaps could be stored offline just in case.

If the photos are on imgur, there was a policy change over there a while back that stuff gets deleted for inactivity after a period. So video will last longer right now waiting for barudak to return or hand off the reigns.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I have all of my own stuff backed up, but not waah's

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

tithin posted:

I have all of my own stuff backed up, but not waah's

Go through the old fashioned way and download everything individually to toss on a dropbox?

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

A script or, if completely lazy, just hitting Crtl+S on each relevant page is probably substantially safer and faster. So long as your browser saves the source images which at least Firefox does. It's also substantially faster.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

SIGSEGV posted:

A script or, if completely lazy, just hitting Crtl+S on each relevant page is probably substantially safer and faster. So long as your browser saves the source images which at least Firefox does. It's also substantially faster.

I genuinely didn't know about this.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Sorry for double posting, but the archive was just updated today for the first time since 24 May of this year. I would contact them again. Perhaps if you play up how long this LP has been in progress, you might get to jump the queue.

Mindopali
Jun 7, 2023
From what I've seen, that's how the archive works. Long periods of silence, and then updates for some time.

There's been a game a day for some days now, from games that were finished in 2021 or 2023, so I don't know how he prioritizes the stuff. Nonetheless, it's been like this for some time, seemingly abandonned and then back to it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

It's all good friendsit is in the queue to be done, I followed up, made some changes to the TOC at baldurks request so it will be done.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

tithin posted:

It's all good friendsit is in the queue to be done, I followed up, made some changes to the TOC at baldurks request so it will be done.

It's a legitimate question to ask 'Yes, but when'? I'm not even trying to make fun of Baldurk. I realise that he does this out of the goodness of his heart, but I think that he's overworked, doesn't have enough help and gets very burned out, which is why he goes dark for months at a time. Purple's LP of M&M6 just went into the archives; that LP was started almost three years ago. I can only imagine what the backlog must be.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

JustJeff88 posted:

It's a legitimate question to ask 'Yes, but when'? I'm not even trying to make fun of Baldurk. I realise that he does this out of the goodness of his heart, but I think that he's overworked, doesn't have enough help and gets very burned out, which is why he goes dark for months at a time. Purple's LP of M&M6 just went into the archives; that LP was started almost three years ago. I can only imagine what the backlog must be.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

he's working on it, I know that much, it'll happen when it happens.
Worst case scenario, the lions share of the LP is backed up and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to get the rest.

Mindopali
Jun 7, 2023

JustJeff88 posted:

He doesn't post them in chronological order from what I could see. Apart from that, no idea how he handles it or how long the backlog really is.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Mindopali posted:

He doesn't post them in chronological order from what I could see. Apart from that, no idea how he handles it or how long the backlog really is.

(Edit) Never mind

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 6, 2023

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'm going to read Helmet 10s incomplete LP first, but then I am going to read this thread from top to tip. It may never make the archives, but it's a great story that anyone interested in RPGs should experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindopali
Jun 7, 2023
I think it'll make it to the archive, just that it takes a long time to get there.